“Lovely boutique hotel”

Navona Colors Hotel
Ranked #72 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

I stayed with 5 other ladies for 2 nights. We had 2 triple rooms. The rooms where lovely, spacious and spotless. The staff are extremely helpful. I have only given 4 stars because the breakfast was not up to much. Lots of cake, so only ham and cheese for me with bland cereal.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Well located boutique hotel, next to the Piazza Navona. Lots of lovely small restaurants in walking distance - try Cafe Bianco, through Piazza Navona towards Campo Di Fioro. Very clean throughout, though breakfast room was pretty small. Beds were very comfortable. TV a bit basic, but there was free wifi throughout. Hotel arranged a taxi back to airport cost 48 euros, so for the three of us, its better to get a taxi rather than train to station and then taxi to hotel. It takes around half an hour - not rush hour, so would depend on time of day. Recommended for a short break. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Family room on 3rd floor had plenty of room, large double bed and comfortable single.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank TheMorrises
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Our final stay in Italy was Rome during our European trip in Jan/Feb 2014. Everything was great, including:
- The hotel staff were so nice, and eager to help out whenever possible;
- Beds were great which is always important for me;
- The room itself had everything we needed, including shower products, a mini fridge, a coffee maker, a luggage chair for my massive suitcase, and a great bathroom (except the basin area was small, we had trouble fitting our beauty products on it--but that was not a big deal);
- The coffee was absolutely excellent. I am a big coffee drinker (I like it bitter and fairly strong)--This coffee was amazing;
- It was about a kilometre walk to St. Peter's Basilica!

Our only minor complaint was the breakfast. Italy tends to sweeten most breads. All the croissants were glazed which wasn't my cup of tea as I am not a sweet eater. There were also lots of cakes. No eggs, no hot food at all really. However, I was grateful for the coffee, juice, lump-free yoghurt and the toast.

Despite the breakfast, I still give this hotel 5 stars. It's such great value.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Clare A
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Stayed four nights in the Excel Navona. Staff were really pleasant and helpful. Room was a good size, beds really comfortable.Spotlessly clean, bathrooms spectacular. A very good hotel in Rome best I have stayed in and I've been to Rome over a dozen times. I highly recommend.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank EMcCy
Reviewed February 20, 2014

everything in this hotel are excellent, perfect location within 15 min walk of everything. the most helpful staff, great decorations and very clean rooms, excellent breakfast, amazing coffee. definitely the most ideal hotel to stay when you visit Rome. I will always stay here when I come at rome.

even the most difficult customer will not find anything bad to complain about

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Approx 2mins walk to Piazza Navona, 5 to Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, etc so that is a 10/10. Free buffet breakfast is excellent with the nicest croissants I have had in my visits to Italy. Room was lovely; extremely comfy bed and a top class shower. Staff were ever so helpful and they hold your bags if needed which was such a relief as our flight was at 855 that evening. Love Rome; have been a few times and I am delighted I've discovered this. Will be booking again in October. Excellent value/location etc

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Very nice and stylish Hotel in the centre of Rome. They have just a few rooms, modern furniture, modern style, quite and very clean place. Just a 2 minute walk to Piazza Navona, 5 minutes to Castel Sant’Angelo.

Room Tip: We had a small room with windows to the side. Very quiet, just a little bit dark because of the next...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends