“High quality and kindness”
Review of Gaudeo - CLOSED

Gaudeo
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Monti
Description: Gaudeo is the first panineria which meets and combines the best ingredients from different Italian regions to offer always special and top-quality panini. Our passion and continuous research has allowed us to find unique ingredients not present on the market, which combined together provide innovative and curious results.
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We were brought here during a tour to take away something to eat since we were starving but there was no much time to seat at a restaurant. This small nice place is specialized in what we call street food but in a Italian style. The girl at the shop was very nice to us and in spite of our being tourists we got a small discount. They offer real fresh paninos with the best Italian products... but they also offer stone boards with different cheeses, hams and a very good bread. Also the drinks went from tipical Italian soft drinks and juice to special beers. So we took away our food got in the close-by square, sat around the big fountains like the local people and enjoy the food in the sun.

Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

We had two delicious sandwiches one of which had roast pork, sun dried tomato, and ricotta, and the other had marinated artichokes with mozz. Very simple but very delicious.

Go there for a quick bite after the forum/colesseo.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I'm sorry to say this is my first bad review on tripadvisor. I've been very lucky up to this point. Please keep in mind that this is based on a salad and not the sandwiches. We had a marvellous tomato, mozzarella, and roasted red pepper sandwich earlier in the day and after a long day just wanted a salad.

We asked the young lady behind the counter if we could order a salad since we saw a couple at one of the two tables that had one. We ordered a salad with prosciutto. When the salad came it was obvious it was from a bag of mixed green you might find in the grocery store. The edges of some of the lettus was brown and the tomatoes were cut in half cherry tomatoes.

The first taste told us there was no salt or dressing at all. We looked around and there was no salt, vinegar, or oil to be seen. I went to the counter and asked the young lady if we could have some. She gave me a plastic squirt bottle of olive oil, and a red wine vinegar. The red wine vinegar was extreamly bitter.

The couple beside us were sort of laughing and then walked out. Both of their plates were half finished. We then realized why they were laughing. I can truly say this was the worse salad Ive ever had. The service I consider bad as nothing was offered in the form of dressing or condiment. The salad was nothing more than a deconstructed prosciutto sandwich. Even the bread was stale.

Again, perhaps the sandwiches are very good but the salad was dismal. Please avoid the salads.

As for cost we had a very good meal at La Carbonara no further than two blocks away with two mains, two salads, two glasses of wine in a wonderful atmosphere at approximately twice the cost. $18 was wasted here. Even the gelato on the way back to our apartment could not remove that bitter taste.

Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Went for lunch after reading the reviews. There was a large selection and it was all in Italian so I decided to ask for a recommendation. I don't remember what it was called but I ordered it to find out it was only bread and whatever meat it was, no spread of any kind. I ate it because I was hungry but it sure doesn't live up to the hype. If I just ordered randomly, I would wonder if my choice was wrong. If this was her recommendation, I don't want to know what the other premade sandwiches taste like.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Yum, great freshly prepared sandwiches with quality ingredients right near Monti square. Really great service too.