“we loved it, helpful staff, close to metro and train station”
Review of Hotel Caracciolo

Hotel Caracciolo
Ranked #665 of 1,270 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed July 6, 2011

We are family of four with two teenagers. We chose this hotel based on the location. The room is big enough, clean eventhough bathroom is very small, which is not uncommon in Italy. Manuel is vey helpful in giving the directions to all the places. I recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ru89

Reviewed June 1, 2011

We had booked a three day stay in another hotel that was actually fully booked and offered us accomodation to hotel Caracciolo. I have no idea what the other hotel looks like in reality but this hotel was not what we expected at all.
The room they gave us was small, which wasnt a problem really, the view was literrally other people's laundry and garbage and the room itself was smelly and full of stains on the walls. In one word DEPRESSING. We asked for another room on another floor (ours was on the ground floor)but nothing came of it. In addition, breakfast was served until 9.30 which is too early. To make a long story short we left after the second night, even though we paid for three. What suprises me the most is that people would chose to stay in such a low standards hotel when in the same price tag can book a room in a better area and with better accomodation standards.
To be fair the people at the reception, which seemed to do every work in the hotel, were helpful but this is hardly enough to make up for such a lousy experience.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Knikol
Reviewed April 16, 2011

The hotel facility is what you'd expect from a 2 star hotel. Only 10 mins walk to Roma Termini. We stayed 4 nights in the 2nd week from March. Our room was clean enough although we think they should do a better job cleaning it. However the staff were so helpful and friendly that it made up for everything else they lacked. Mario was a hoot, and Sarah knows the best gelato places.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed April 7, 2011

We stayed one night, arriving in Rome late in the afternoon and leaving by train the following morning. This hotel was fine for a short stay, but the area in which the hotel is located is not the greatest although it is close to a metro stop. The hotel was very clean, rooms comfortable, the staff helpful and pleasant. I would certainly stay here again if I needed a hotel close to Termini station.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2009

Positive: 1) Quiet room and neighborhood. 2) Bathroom has necessary amenities.

Negative: 1) Unhelpful service desk: This really gets me: We arrive in Rome in the last train late at night. Upon arrival after a long travel/day, we asked whether there was water available -- just a cup suffices given our long walk/day and time of the day: 11pm at night. The staff "kindly" offered us a bottle without any words. The next day when we checked out, the hotel charged us $2 euro for this bottle. Stupid service: just tell us that it would be $2 when he didn't want to give us any free cup of water after a long day and late arrival at night, and we will decide ourselves whether to drink this costly water. If not for such poor service, would rate this hotel a bit better. 2) Kinda far if you walk with luggage: had to cross streets not designed for travelers with luggage. 3) TV screen blanked out after 30 min of usage and became essentially a radio. 4) Breakfast is subpar (if I remember correctly, no water for breakfast, either)

Given our late arrival, we didn't have much time to evaluate other necessary parts of the hotel amenities, e.g. Internet access. However, the service attitude/snafu with the water is already enough an indicator as to what kind of hotel this is and the kind of service they offer. Go somewhere else for the same price and location.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelerLP
Reviewed November 1, 2009

Went there with 3 children - 11, 7 and 7 months. Staff absolutely could not have been more helpful. I emailed beforehand to ask whether I could buy my baby's specific formula milk in Rome (as I didn't want to use all my baggage allowance on milk) and they responded immediately to say they'd find out and then emailed the next day to say that one of them had gone to the local pharmacy to find out for me and they gave me all the info (and more) regarding getting the milk. When we were there they couldn't have been more friendly, helpful and lovely to us - with regard to the children and with regard to absolutely everything. The family room was fine - like a UK Travelodge Family Room. The breakfast was fine (I've seen mediocre reviews on this but really, it was all laid out to help yourselves, bread, meats, cheese, pastries, cereal, yoghurt, coffee, tea, juice - what more do you want from a mid-priced hotel?). It wasn't in the centre but was near enough to walk and was typical of any major city area near a main line train station- we were 2 women with 3 children and we felt ok walking about at night. I would definitely recommend this hotel to a family with young children and specifically I would recommend it to a family with a baby.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank 280Joanne
Reviewed September 25, 2009

Nice room, not big but not too small. Location is convenient. The neighborhood is not pleasant, but not scary. Staff are friendly. Brakefast could be better.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family