“Thinking of the price, it was ok”
Review of Hotel Viennese

Hotel Viennese
Ranked #1,118 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
Trnava, Slovakia
“Thinking of the price, it was ok”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We were 5 friends staying in this hotel for 3 nights. We chose it mainly because of the location as we were arriving late and it is really close to Termini station and because it was cheap.

We were welcomed by Bruno, really nice guy who took us to "apartment" lets say hostel room like 200 m far from original address. The room was basically a room for 2 people, with additional bunk bed and extra bed with not much extra space. The towels were changed each day and room was cleaned as well, I was surprised in positive way as I didnt expect such a good service in only one star hotel. We had there flat screen TV and laptop with internet connection, wifi as well. The bathroom was clean, but the shower didn´t work properly - biggest disadvantage.

We got something like coupon for breakfast in small cafe like 50 m far from our room. We could chose there coffee and something sweet (croissant etc). If breakfast is your main dish, you could be dissapointed.

If you are planning to pay with card (we booked the room via booking.com) you will be charged extra fee - 5 € per each 100 € paid - this was a surprising information for us, as normally you are not charged paying with credit card and I personally don´t like to carry with me big amounts of cash. Does it work like this in Italy? Or why we were asked to pay extra for paying with credit card? I had no idea.

If you decide to stay here I would recommend you to eat in Sapori Di Casa, which is really close.

Shortly said if you are looking for cheap accomodation with good location (good in meaning close to station and to center by metro, not in secure way) and you want just to sleep somewhere, this is good idea, but don´t have too big expectations. I would recommend it for budget and lowcost travellers.

2 stars instead of 3 cos of the broken shower and unexpected additional fees, as I consider these two things really important.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
7 Thank roriesvk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
San Diego, California
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Reading a lot of the reviews on here it makes me think people have set their expectations pretty high. You are going to get what you paid for. Me and my group of friends were looking for something above a hostel but not as fancy as a hotel. This fit our needs perfectly. The rooms are not large but the beds were comfortable enough and they had free wifi. We spent very little time in the hotel other than for sleeping. We didn't come to Rome to sit in the hotel. The management was very friendly and very accomodating. It met our needs and our expectations.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Matthew L
Italy
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The place is a dump, the room was dirty and one could not open the window for the terrible odor from below ,the pillows did not have a proper covers ,they where just disgusting !! The bed was pushed to one side and if your partner wanted to use the bathroom ,one had to jump over ! No easy task. The breakfast one can not comment ,just terrible. One last comment it certainly did not look like the pictures , pictures LIE! Never go there !! It's a dump !

Room Tip: Never go to this place !
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Helen S

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed July 13, 2013

First I would like to say that the staff were very helpful under trying circumstances. Even the cleaner went out of her way to calm me down,
However their management leaves much to be desired. Towards the end of 2012, I reserved a room from May 19 for 3 nights. In January this year I had to change my itinerary and wanted to to arrive a day earlier on May 18 still for 3 nights. I sent half a dozen emails over 2 weeks with no reply. Finally I rang (all the way from New Zealand) and on the 2nd call, spoke to some person who told me there were internet problems but the change was ok. On arrival on May 18, after a flight from Dubrovnik, I discovered they still expected me the next day and had no vacancies and there would be no vacancies in nearby hotels. For a horribel few momens t I thought i would be spending the night in the nearby Train station. However, realising I had booked months before, the night manageress put me up in her room. She showed me her shower but I did not use it and felt generally very uncomfortable with the whole situation. I finally got into a very tiny and old room the next night.
The location is good, but there are rooms in different buildings and on different floors which is confusing. On calling from reception in can take 10 minutes for someone to arrive from another building. Breakfast is a voucher to be used in a very small coffee shop around the corner and only includes a croissant and coffee. I paid extra for a juice.
The free wifi went down one night. It was ok the other times but not available during the night and morning I was in the manageress' flat.

I would never book there again and advise people to be very sure of their dates if they do book.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Brian R
Spokane, Washington, Usa
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We spent 3 weeks in Italy and stayed here our last night before flying out because it was next to the train station. Really, if you can afford 20 more euros, choose anywhere else. The room was so incredibly small, the sheets were rough, the beds were too short, the noise at night was unbelievably loud, the air conditioner left yucky wet dirt mold down the wall, and the building it was in had graffiti on the walls, and cigarettes and garbage in the halls and on the steps.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank JMom_13
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

For the price, this was a nice, tidy and well located hotel. The staff were very friendly and helped us get around Rome. The room is very small but if you're in Rome you shouldn't be spending any time in the room apart from sleeping! Breakfast was downstairs in a cafe and was just a coffee and pastry so don't expect a full American buffet! Room was cleaned daily and quick wifi was a nice bonus. Will recommend to friends.

1 Thank PaulNBeckTravel
Rome
Reviewed May 28, 2013

When first arriving at the Roma Termini, I was concerned because the building with my hotel was under some construction. However, the always helpful concierge brought me around the corner to another part of their hotel called the Evergreen. This building is across from the local police, on a quiet street (my room faced the courtyard), very clean if small, had a refrigerator, safe, tv, laptop (tempermental) with free wifi and a very firm double bed with ample storage. In short, a great location and a great nights sleep seconds away from all the public transportation. Breakfast was from a little bar across the street. Since the Italian breakfast is so small, I ate some of breakfast food in my room too. There was an elevator but it is situated on the half floor so when first arriving you need to bring your suitcase up a half flight of stairs to the lift (small but clean) and then down half a flight to the right floor. When I arrived the concierge carried my bag for me so it was excellent. There was also a phone that connected our site with the main hotel where he is situated. I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Angela B