“cozy, clean B&B”

Vecchia Roma Resort
Ranked #20 of 1,093 Specialty Lodging in Rome
“cozy, clean B&B”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I stayed here for six days during new year's holidays.
It was a perfect place to visit all the spots famous in rome.
It was very quiet and safer than other hotels at Termini.
there are three rooms and my room is a single room with a private toilet.
the toilet was so clean and hot water is good enough.
and the room is very warm.
Subway station is close (5min) and lots of buses are there.
The owner was very kind and tells me how to walk around and what bus to take and good restaurants.
the breakfast was good and the owner served good meal as i wanted.
Of course I want to stay again in a near future.

Room Tip: Bus 175 in front of B&B is so convenient to get to every famous place.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
marco628, Proprietario at Vecchia Roma Resort, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
I am very happy that your stay during the New Year period would be nice.
I hope to see you again because there are still many things to discover in Rome!
Thanks again for your words,
Marco

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Salvador, BA
Reviewed October 25, 2013

If you are looking for a quiet, very good located, charming, cozy and friendly place to stay at Rome, this is the perfect option for you. Marco is a lovely open-minded host that is almost all the time supporting his guests with informations and tips about the city. Our stay at Rome wouldn't be the same without it! Thanks Marco, thanks Rome!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
marco628, Proprietario at Vecchia Roma Resort, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Hello Gabriel and Marcelo, I'm really excited of your words.
You were the guests really nice and I hope to see you again in Rome or maybe even near you!
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Amazing little bed and breakfast in Rome only 8 to 10 minute walk to the colosseum. Great location for exploring Rome and all its amazing sites!

Marco the host is so friendly and accommodating making it a wonderful stay in a quite but central location! His B&B is spotless with big rooms and private bathrooms. I would recommend this B&B for anyone who doesn't want to spend an arm and a leg on a hotel in Rome but that still wants to be central!

Thank you Marco!!! We had an excellent stay and loved all your recommendations!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank elysemurdoch
marco628, Proprietario at Vecchia Roma Resort, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thanks Elyse!
I am very happy that your stay, though short, it was a good stay.
You are really nice people and I hope that sooner or later be able to return to Rome for a longer stay.
In the meantime, I will continue to look for new places for you to visit and interesting things to see!
Glasgow
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We chose the Vecchia Roma Resort for our 4 night stay in Rome based on previous trip advisor reviews and were not disappointed. The location was ideal and Marco was the perfect host offering advice not only on where to visit but also where to eat. From the Vecchia Roma we walked to all of major sights during our 3 day stay and Marco gave us some good tips regarding purchasing tickets for the Colosseum etc. It is in a quiet residential area and was only a 10 minute walk from the Da Bucatino, one of the restaurants that Marco recommended (which incidentally was one I had already earmarked based on trip advisor reviews). The breakfast was very tasty and set us up for the day's sightseeing. Thank you Marco for looking after is during our stay and for all the good advice. I had hoped to fit in a massage during our stay but unfortunately there wasn't enough time. Good luck for the future and hopefully we will be able to return again and sample your son's cooking!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shar0n
marco628, Proprietario at Vecchia Roma Resort, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
You were the guests incredible!
You will be in my memory for being the first guests Anglo-Saxons, who in just four days, you are "naturalized" ..... TESTACCINI!
I wait for you with more time for a shiatsu treatment and a nice lunch prepared by ..... my son!
thanks
Sulaymaniyah, Iraq
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Outstanding service. Excellent location, a wonderful base from which to explore Rome. I was given a bedroom, living room and kitchen, which I didn't use. Marco is extremely polite, very pleasant and helpful, he sat with me and planned my Rome trip. Supermarket is close by. I would definitely come back again. Thank you very much Marco.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Azmar68
marco628, Proprietario at Vecchia Roma Resort, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Although Canada is not just around the corner, I hope you can come back to spend a few more days in Rome.
It 'nice to know that you have returned to your home with good memories of your holidays.
Reviewed October 1, 2013

as written in the titel, everything what the others wrote is true. Just the perfect place for my stay in Rome. Marco is the perfect host who gives good inside information and was always very friendly!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DonGritos
I am very happy that you were able to see for themselves that the things written about Vecchia Roma were the ones you expected!
Nothing to add, just ...... Thank you and see you next time!
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I had a very memorable holiday in Rome, made all the more pleasant by my stay at Vecchia Roma Resort. The place is comfortable and convenient but as with most people who stay here, my stay was made extra comfortable because of Marco:) To say he is very hospitable is an understatement - he was very accomodating and helpful. And even though I arrived late on my first night in Rome, Marco was so cheery when he welcomed me. My room was very comfortable and the neighbourhood was very quiet and residential but yet still within walking distance to the Colosseum and Forum, so that made my quick two-day Roman holiday so much more convenient! And even if you choose not to walk, the metro is just across the street! In fact, i managed to walk to the other areas like the Baths of Caracalla and Appian Way (even though it was soooo hot the two days I was there and I walked almost the whole day till my feet gave way, but it was so worth it.)
Thanks Marco, you made the tail end of my Italian trip so much more memorable and I think I will be back very soon to continue exploring the rest of Rome!
Grazie!

Room Tip: Any room in Vecchia Roma Resort will give you a great night's rest after a full day exploring Ro...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank ryank1975
marco628, Proprietario at Vecchia Roma Resort, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for your nice review.
Maybe I was a little '"hard" and I made you tired a lot with my advice, but as you have discovered, two days, there are very few to visit Rome!
Next time I will help you plan your visits, so your feet will be saved!