“Excellent”
Review of Monti First

Monti First
Ranked #548 of 3,767 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This hotel is a great location. Not only is the location great, but the host, Guerino, was delightful when he greeted us this evening. He gave us many locations and points of interest that would suit us. The rooms are spacious and very modern with all amenities including TV and large bathroom. Great location as in the heart of Rome and near many tourist destinations including the Colloseum.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nicky D

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

this hotel is a perfect little cozy hotel for tourist that don't spend time in the hotel because is a family owned hotel with very few rooms but the staff is very nice, the rooms are very comfortable and clean cold air conditioning nice beds in a very good location close to termini station.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank vanycancer
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stayed two nights in this delightful small hotel prior to a cruise departure. The hotel has only eight rooms located on the first level of a building well located in central Rome. Our room overlooked the busy Via Nazionale but this did not provide any inconvenience. Our previous visits to Rome were for longer durations and we booked apartments, however with a short stay we were looking for a reasonable location, comfort and value. Hotel Consulta delivered on all our requirements. And, the air conditioning is totally reliable - not that we needed it in May, but absolutely essential if you visit in summer.
The hotel does not provide breakfast facilities however there are numerous restaurants in the locality where we took a short walk for both breakfast and dinner.
The room was very spacious and the bed typical Roman - on the firm side, but comfortable. The bathroom was modern with an excellent shower facility. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I chose the hotel because of the location and it turned out to be a great choice. It’s a very small hotel, 7 or 8 rooms in the first floor of a building. You have your own keys to go in and out, but it can be a bit tricky to find when you arrive the first time. It is close to the central train station and walking distance to many attractions in the city. There are also buses and the metro line quite near if you don’t feel like walking. Breakfast is not included, although you can make yourself some coffee in your room and you have a nice bar just a few steps from the hotel. For having dinner you have some good restaurants in the area.
The room was big enough, comfortable and recently renovated. The only small problem might be the lack of drawers, so unpacking it not really possible, but you have space to have your suitcase open. Free wifi was an advantage and it worked fine from my room. My room overlooked Via Nazionale, a very busy road, but neither lights nor noise were an issue for me.
The receptionist was very nice and helpful at all times since the moment I got there. The only downside I have to point is that I had to pay cash, the said to keep the price (which I have to say was very convenient). I did pay and everything was fine, but it wish they had made it clear when I made the reservation. All in all I enjoyed my stay and I recommend the hotel if you are looking for a place to relax and rest after a long day, close to everything you need. It was great value for the price, considering all the advantages and the average room rates in a city like Rome.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Julia N
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Great value in the center of Rome. Very secure, clean, smart hotel. If you are looking for a base to go exploring this is the place for you, its not a pampering hotel. I stayed for 3 nights, free and fast wi-fi, beds made everyday, air conditioning was great because the our room looked out in the the busy Via Nazionale, so we kept the window closed at night. But it was no problem good sound insulation all round.
The staff were great, really helpful. We didn't arrive until midnight and that was no problem.

1  Thank George B
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel with my wife and two daughters for 4 days. The location is perfect for visiting the different sites in Rome. The Colosseum and other nearby attractions is just a 10 to 15 mins. walk from the hotel. Going to Vatican, bus stop for bus #40 is just around the corner. Trevi fountain is also just a 15 min walk from the hotel.
The staff Catalina was very helpful. The room was so clean and made up everyday. Wifi is free and fast. Good restaurants are also aplenty in Via del Serpenti and Via del Buschetto which streets are just 3 minutes walk from the hotel.
It was a great experience and I will surely return to this hotel if I have a chance to visit Rome in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at this Hotel in May 2013 and were very pleased and impressed with the hotel. It is situated in a building on the 1st floor which felt very secure as people couldnt just walk in. We got a very warm welcome by Catalina who supplied us with a map and marked where all the sites were so we felt very welcome.
The location is perfect. We saved money by not having to get public transport anywhere (we did get the Metro to the Vatican but realised it was only a 30-40min walk back!) and were able to pop back during the day to refresh/change clothes for the evening. Everytime we came back we were greeted by a member of staff and couldnt help but sit and chat and exchange language tips!
I would definitely recommend this to people who want a central hotel and are not bothered by having breakfast supplied. We found we didnt need this as there were several places in the area which did 'brioche' or Sweetys cafe even did pancakes (you find a lot of places in the square do American Breakfasts for around 10 euros). A big warm thank you to the hotel and their hospitality. We will definitely recommend to family and friends to stay :)

Room Tip: We stayed in 105 which did not face the road but did get the noise from others (but it is only a sma...