“Great location!”

Ranked #73 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Los Angeles, California
“Great location!”
Reviewed September 2, 2014 via mobile

Location was fantastic, easy walk to most everything. The breakfast buffet was fresh with a nice variety of items. Rooftop restaurant has a nice atmosphere and view but we found the food to be so/so. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful and definitely contributed to our having a wonderful stay. Wi-fi strength could be boosted, very weak from our room.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
danypre, Director of Sales at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our location and think that it is fantastic! I believe that this is helpful for all the readers that don’t know Rome yet, to know that we are really very centrally located (although nowadays with Google maps and other internet tools it is quite difficult to get it wrong when choosing your perfect location!)
I am glad to inform you that we are boosting the strength of our wi-fi and keeping it complimentary!
We hope to welcome you again in the future!
Best regards,

Danielle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
chicago
Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

We spent the last leg of our 2 week European trip at the Fortyseven. I was a bit concerned about the location when we first pulled up, but we ended up loving the location. There were several areas that we could easily walk to ( not the Vatican) and if we needed, a taxi was an easy option. We had our three kids with us and we had two connecting rooms with a main door which blocked off the sets of rooms. It was a ideal set up. The rooms were new, clean and very large. The breakfast was a fine way to start the day but nothing spectacular. Our biggest complaint was the staff. Some of them were very helpful and others were down right rude. This was our biggest disappointment and the main reason why I gave this hotel only 3 stars. I'm all about good service ( or just being friendly).

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
danypre, Director of Sales at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! It is great to know that you liked the hotel and our location! I am sorry to read that you were not totally happy with some colleagues, so I really apologize for this inconvenient. I hope you will stay with us again and this time you will also appreciate a great service other than the great location! We are all about service too, so please feel free to contact me directly for your future needs.
Warm regards,

Middlewich, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2014

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for one week as part of our honeymoon in August 2014. We arrived early at 11:20am despite check in being at 2pm. Much to our delight our room was available. During the check in process the receptionist congratulated us on our marriage and informed us that we had a complimentary upgrade to a delux room despite booking a standard room. This was such a lovely surprise and very much appreciated. We were then shown to our room and given a quick tour. We were very impressed with the size, taking into account that this is rome. The decor was lovely and modern and the bathroom facilities were great with regular towel changes and top ups of soap etc. The blackout blinds were outstanding and really helped to support a good nights sleep. Our room was 412 and had amazing views of the temples across the road. The whole hotel is well air conditioned and cleaned to a high standard.
The staff were lovely and happy to help with any of our queries.
Breakfast had a good selection but it is the same every day. This can be repetitive but good if you like something in particular. The staff bring hot drinks to your table which was nice but they are not great at bringing everything required for english tea so we tended to have coffee. We only had drinks and nibbles at the circus restaurant seeing as the menu was pricey. Great views from the circus restaurant though. We ate across the river every night in Trastevere where you can find lots of competitively priced restaurants. We especially loved a bar called Fidelio which served german draft beers and amazing pizzas/french fries/burgers and was such a good price.
The location of 47 was perfect. We were able to walk everywhere (though had sore feet after walking back from the Vatican city) and could often spot our hotel from the sites. We would love to return here one day and hopefully for our anniversary. Thank you 47 for our dream honeymoon.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

On behalf of all our staff and management, I thank you for taking the time to share your experiences here with us at the Fortyseven Hotel with Tripadvisor readers!
We truly hope to welcome you soon again, for all your future anniversaries and future special occasions! Feel free to contact me next time, I will be more than happy to make sure you are pampered as a loyal guest should!
Warm regards from Rome!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Just finished a five day stay Fourtyseven Hotel. Everything was great. Hotel staff were very accommodating, assisted with setting up a last minute tour, then called later to offer a boxed breakfast and a wake up call. Breakfast was delicious, plenty of choices. Staff that handled the breakfast were all very nice, gluten free bread was delicious. The hotel itself was beautiful, spotless. Hotel was very quiet, I heard no street noise during the night. Rooms also have room darkening blinds which worked great. I enjoyed sitting in the courtyard reading the news paper. The rooftop restaurant is also a nice place to relax and enjoy the views of the city. Dinner at the restaurant was very good, staff is well educated on gluten free diet and the offer many choices. I also want to mention that I had no problems with the WiFi during my stay. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
danypre, Manager at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear Guest, thank you for your positive comments and we hope you come to visit us again. We take the opportunity to inform all the estimeed Tripadvisor Readers that booking the hotel through email writing directly to reservations@fortysevenhotel.com is the more convenient way to organise your stay with us.

Best Regards

philadelphia
Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for six nights with my fiancé. Location is not good. It's a far walk to get to most attractions. After a few days we ended up taking a taxi to most places (taxis in Rome are not cheap). Hotel staff are not helpful. Front desk girl gave me wrong information multiple times. Hotel does not have a shuttle but work with a car service which charges us €70 for a ride from the airport. Room 503 was spacious, comfortable bed and had a balcony (no view). Next time we will definitely stay in a different hotel.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank beata92285
Dear Guest,
We carefully read your review.
We are in the center of many attractions as Roman Forum and Colosseum from one side and Trastevere area , full of Restaurant, from the other side.
Shopping area in VIa del Corso , Galleria Albero Sordi is just 10 minutes far away on foot.
Also Spanish Steps, Via Condotti, can be a very nice and easy walk about 15 minutes on foot.
If you were looking for discoteque or night club , we suggest you to book hotels in Via Veneto.

Salem, Oregon
Reviewed August 25, 2014

This was our first stop on our trip to Italy and Paris and we spent four nights here. The whole experience got off to a bit of a rocky start. I sent the hotel a message via their website to try to arrange transportation from the airport and an early check-in. I did not receive a response after a week, so I sent an email to the reservations email listed on their website and also did not receive a response. Finally, after contacting them through Facebook, I was able to get the process going. They were, understandably, unable to guarantee an early check-in unless I added the prior night to my reservation but said they would do all they could to accommodate me (which they did), and told me there would be a driver waiting for me upon our arrival at the Rome airport. They also kept referring to me as “Mrs." and continued to do so after I told them I was a “Mr.”

When we arrived at the Rome airport, the car they promised was nowhere to be found. We looked around for twenty minutes and eventually decided to take a taxi to the hotel. When we checked in, they had the room ready for us. When I told the woman checking us in that the car had not showed up she was very rude about the whole thing. She didn’t apologize or even empathize with us….we were told “That never happens”, got a lecture about calling and even told that we were fortunate that didn’t still charge us for it. When we told her our phones weren’t working internationally yet, she just rolled her eyes. Not a very warm welcome after over eighteen hours of travelling. Of the four hotels we stayed at on our trip, this was the only one where we were almost never acknowledged when we would go through the lobby on our way in or out of the hotel.

When we got to the room, we were pleasantly surprised to find that it exceeded our expectations. We had reserved one of the suites on the fifth floor and it was incredible. It was very large and had plenty of storage and enough outlets for us to charge our gadgets. There was a huge balcony overlooking a couple of old Roman temples. We found a small grocery nearby and had wine, meat, cheese and chocolate three of our four nights. Even though we were directly below the restaurant, we never heard anything from it. The blackout blinds did a great job of blocking out all of the street noise. The bathroom had good water pressure and nice fluffy towels.

As others have said, the location is fantastic. We were able to walk to most of the sites we wanted to see. The exception was the Vatican – it was a bit far but a relatively inexpensive cab ride solved that problem. (An they get cabs quick – they tell you four minutes but it’s more like one).

Breakfast was good – a selection of meats, cheeses, breads, pastries, scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage. It started at seven, but I wouldn’t suggest going then as they were not usually finished setting up.

We had a very enjoyable meal in the restaurant above our last night. Our waiter was very attentive and provided excellent suggestions for our meal. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. We enjoyed the open air seating as well

All in all it was an OK stay. I wouldn’t necessarily recommend this hotel, but I wouldn’t say to avoid it either. The rooms and restaurant are great. Of the four hotels we stayed at on our trip, this was the only one where we were almost never acknowledged when we would go through the lobby on our way in or out of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
We thank you for the review.
We apologised for the inconvenience you had for the pick up service at the airport.
We appreciated many positive comments about the Hotel Fortyseven especially for the rooms and CIrcus Restaurant. These aspects are very important and if you decide to come back to Rome do not hesitate to contact our booking office reservations@fortysevenhotel.com or me directly for a more special stay.

Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX
Reviewed August 24, 2014

My wife and I stopped in Rome on the way to a cruise for our first anniversary and were very happy with our choice of FortySeven Hotel for a quick two night stay. The location was perfect for us and within walking distance to most of everything we wanted to see in the short time we were there. The only time we needed transportation was to visit Vatican City and St. Peter's, and the concierge at the front desk was very helpful in getting us a cab, and also in helping direct us to buy tickets for the Vatican online to bypass the long lines outside. The restaurant on the roof had an amazing view, and after long days of walking around it was the perfect ambiance to have a drink and relax. The room was perfect for what we needed, with a very comfortable bed and clean, updated bathroom. Breakfast in the morning had a nice selection of food and beverages, and everything was fresh and delicious. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Rome.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NTirish79
danypre, Manager at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your kind review very positive. We are happy when we satisfy the Guests. At the moment we are 92 % , no bad but we can improve working harder . It won't be easy but we take the challenge. If you come back to Rome do not forget to contact us, as returning guest we will pleased to make very special treatment especially if you book us directly just sending an email .
Erika, Daniella , Gabriella and Alina our booking office is more than happy to be at your disposal.
Thank you and see you soon.

Best Regards