“Perfect base for your Rome holiday”

Fortyseven Hotel Rome
Ranked #81 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Everything you need as a base for your trip to Rome. There's so many great points, I can't say it all! The location is perfect for most of the sights. The staff helped with recommendations, bus tickets, nothing was too much trouble - just what a first-timer to Rome needed! Super breakfast to set you up for a day of sightseeing. Excellent rooftop restaurant if you don't feel like leaving the hotel after a day out. Weary after walking all day? Don't worry, you can sleep in what is possibly the most comfortable bed ever. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough, I will certainly stay again!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
danypre, Director of Sales at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear guest,

What a beautiful and well detailed review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this amazing review about Hotel Fortyseven!
We are so thrilled every time our guests write such a loving review! This means a lot to all of us here! We really hope that you will come back soon again and we wish all the best!
Danielle

Reviewed April 13, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel! The staff were amazing. We needed help several times with changes to tours, and they took care of it for us. Highly recommend! Beds are a little hard, and the need to have the room key plugged into the wall to use the electronics was a bit annoying, but it's apparently a common thing in Rome. Also, bring conditioner, it's not provided. The hotel has a converter for you to borrow during your stay as well. Breakfasts were provided each morning, and provided a great selection. Also. on the days we had to leave before breakfast service started, they provided a bagged breakfast for us, you just had to ask the night before. The Circus restaurant on the roof was wonderful! Great food (a little pricey) but well worth it!

Room Tip: be aware, all rooms require key card to make electronics work. This means it takes a while to cool...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
danypre, Direttore at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Thank you very much we are very happy to read your comments, you had great time with us and we hope to welcome you again in the future.
Thanks a lot from all the members of the Staff.

Best Regards

Reviewed April 12, 2014

From the moment we arrived, we were very impressed with the professionalism, hospitality, and ability to make our stay memorable. Great view from the room, special touches added since it was our anniversary, and very nice breakfast in the morning. Centrally located and very walkable to many sites.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
danypre, Direttore at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear Guests thank you very much !
Many of our Guests choose Fortyseven to celebrate their anniversary .
We take this opportunity to inform all the readers that on Summet we offer also private dining on the terrace of our Suite with Butler Service , we invite you to visit our website to see the Special Package You can have the unique opportunity "to touch" Roman ruins and to taste our Cuisine and Wines at the same moment.

Best Regards

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stayed in this hotel for first visit to Rome. Excellent location, can walk just about everywhere very easily and great restaurants very accessible in the evening just across the river. Nice safe area with excellent views.
Rooms are nice and modern and well kitted out. Everything works.
Only issue really is that the breakfast area is just not suited to the size of the hotel and I object to queuing for a table each day, and being made to feel a nuisance in the process. The quality of breakfast is fine, but the staff and the facilities need sorting out

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank HBOB-58

Dear Guests,
Thank you for your positive opinion about our Hotel, sorry if you had to wait for the table during the breakfast . It is clear that sometimes happen that , depending on the weather conditions and temperature, we can arrange more tables outdoor in the courtyard.
Most of our Guests like spending quite long time at the table during breakfast for reading newspapers or simply relaxing choosing food from our american buffet ,
We hope to welcome you again and please do not hesitate to contac t us for your specific requests

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Great modern hotel housed in an old building, in an excellent location close to all main attractions in Rome. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The courtyard garden would be a nice place to relax in warmer season. The bar and restaurant on the top floor have nice views, and the food is excellent.
Rooms on the 5th floor have nice big balconies with outdoor furniture and plenty of greenery. Rooms 501-503 facing a side street are quieter and sunny in the afternoon.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 5th floor have nice big balconies with outdoor furniture and plenty of greenery. Rooms...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank IliaUK
danypre, Direttore at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear Guest, we thank you for you comment.
It is really important for us to feel your support and we are proud to satisfy your expectations at our best
Thank you from all the Staff.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for a total of eleven days during February and March and just wanted to commend certain members of their staff for exceptional service. (Because I travel the world, I know what constitutes good service.)
Firstly, from the moment I arrived (tired and stressed), Alina Manea greeted me with warmth and understanding of my plight. She went out of her way to make sure my stay was the best it could be and, believe me, it was greatly appreciated. As I’m sure you already know, Alina is truly incredible at her job and I hope that her brilliant contribution to your hotel is recognized. Because of her, I’ve already recommended your hotel to a number of people planning trips to Rome in the near future.
Another person who treated me with impeccable service (and with genuine warmth) was Floriana, the girl who works in your restaurant. Every evening she greeted me as if I was coming home and then provided me with all the information I needed to make wise choices for my meal. Believe me, I was provided with some of the best food I’ve even eaten in my life. Compliments to the chef too!
The third person who deserves mention is Loredana, the girl who provides service during breakfast. It was so wonderful to be greeted with a smile every morning and then provided with some of the best coffee in Italy. Even after being away 11 days, she not only greeted me with open warmth (and recognition) when I returned, she even remembered my particular choice of coffee. What more could a person want so early in the morning!
Again, let me say how pleased I was to be treated so well by these three people (as well as other members of their wonderful staff). (If every hotel could be so lucky to have such fine staff members).

Room Tip: Room 501 was wonderful.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
danypre, Direttore at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thak you very much for the positive comments
All the Staff really appreciated we look forward to welcoming you again,

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We stayed at Fortyseven for a few nights over a Six Nations weekend in March. We caught the Metro to the nearest stop (Circo Maximo) and finally found our way to the hotel - it's about a 10-15 minute walk. Check in was smooth with the staff helpful and giving all the necessary info. Room was a nice size and very clean (always a good thing), with a huge bed. The TV was a nightmare, but as we only put it on for a bit of noise when getting ready for dinner/bed, this wasn't a big deal). The only downfalls to this hotel were the shower and the noise. The shower head just would not stay straight and continually pointed at the wall, so you had to actually hold it to get wet. Hairdryer is your typical hotel drier and worked well enough. The other thing was the noise. We had a room to the side of the hotel but still the main road and at night it is noisy! I had earplugs though, so slept fine. Blackout blinds really do mean blackout! Breakfast was fine - bread, cereals, fruit, a couple of pastries and a few hot items - more than sufficient to fill you up ready for a day's walking. Location is great - within walking distance of all the main sights - we didn't get the tube or bus once (even walking the four miles to the Olympic stadium and back again to see more of the beautiful city). The hotel is literally on the other side of the river to the Trastevere area where there are lots of yummy restaurants (tip: walk further into Trastevere to find more traditional Italian restaurants. The ones you come to first when walking from the hotel are more touristy). I would return to this hotel, but would ask for a room at the back. Rome is so beautiful though that you're only in the hotel to sleep, so it was good to have a nice, friendly, clean base to return to.

Room Tip: Take a mini extension lead if you've room - hardly any sockets for you to use.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maisiemoo12
danypre, Director of Sales at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear guest,

thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Fortyseven here at Tripadvisor. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope that now you will have a "second" home here in Rome :-)
We are looking forward to welcome you back soon!

Best regards,