My husband and I spent almost a month touring the whole of Itay for our honeymoon and we spent 4 nights at this hotel. We were allocated a room on the 5th floor of the hotel with a balcony overlooking the 2 oldest temples in Rome and we got the best sunset views. Beautiful!
What we LOVED about this hotel:-
1) Location - Good balance. It was not smack in the middle of all the hustle and bustle of Rome (e.g. area around Trevi Fountain which was chaotic), yet still walking distance to Travestere, Colosseum and we even walked back to the hotel from the Vatican City one day, which was a lovely walk along the River Tiber. If you are one of those tourists who love walking out of the door and straight into the city centre then this place may not be for you.
2) Reception / Concierge - Friendly and very warm and welcoming each time we walk through the door! Excellent recommendations from the hotel for some nearby eateries at Travestere. We spent every single night of our time in Rome dining in one of the many eateries in Travestere and thereafter taking a long stroll through the whole area taking in the scene. Lovely. The hotel also helped us book a private guided tour of the main attractions in Italy, mainly the Pantheon, Colosseum and Roman Forum which we wanted to learn more about. Our guide, Mr. Giancarlo Alu, a historian/professor (who was also immaculately dressed for the part) was amazing. He was very knowledgeable and he impart a lot of it on my husband and I who are neither historians nor art majors. Our initial 4-hour tour turned out into a full day 7-hour tour - we were just so taken in by him and all his stories of the Roman days, of Italy, of life! Absolutely wonderful.
Room for improvement for the hotel:-
1) Condition of the rooms - Great view, nice room, but it was a bit dated. The paint on the walls were peeling and there were discoloration all around. However, being in Rome for only a couple of days, we didn't spend much time in the room and it didn't bother us that much. Would still be good to have the rooms updated a little though!
2) Service at Breakfast - Terrible. We ordered coffee from one of the waitresses when we arrived at breakfast, finished up and we still have yet to receive our coffee. We reminded her again and her reply was 'One minute please'. That's it. We never got our coffee after 30 minutes of waiting time. By this time, we were about to run late for our tour. We complained to another waiter (I think his name was Philip) about it and he returned 5 minutes later with our coffee apologizing profusely on behalf of the other waitress. It is unfortunate I didn't get her name as she wasn't wearing a name tag as well. Horrible service.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fortyseven Hotel Rome reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 47 Hotel Rome
- Rome Fortyseven Hotel