“As if we needed to add another glowing review but we will!”

Fortyseven Hotel Rome
Ranked #79 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed in Rome before and had a great experience, but this hotel trumped even that hotel. Centrally located to all the sites (though you might want to take a taxi to the Vatican unless you love walking that far), this hotel was spacious, impeccably clean and had the nicest front staff. Any time we needed a taxi, it was there within four minutes. They also recommended wonderful restaurants and made reservations for us at several very non-touristy places. Seriously, the best meal we had in Italy period was at a restaurant they had recommended. Our first meal was in their own restaurant, which was a lovely experience. What amazing views! It was my husband's birthday, and they were great about working with me long distance prior to our arrival to make the birthday dinner special. Reasonable for the quality and service you receive as well. The bed was comfortable and large with daily room service. We appreciated the little candies left in the room and the tidiness after a long day of walking and visiting sites. Truly a stay we won't forget--can't wait to visit again soon.

Room Tip: Ask the front staff where to eat---they won't steer you wrong!
1  Thank Mystyk41
danypre, Director of Sales at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear guest,

on behalf of the GM and our staff I would like to thank you for your wonderful review! We are so happy to hear that you and your husband had a good time here with us and in Rome. We are glad that on such a special occasion we were able to meet your expectations!
We are looking forward to welcome you again in the future!
best regards,
Danielle Mello

Write a ReviewReviews (1,910)

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights while visiting Rome. We arrived around 1 am following a delayed flight into Rome. Check-in was quick, and we were able to get to sleep promptly. The location is fabulous for walking to most of the major sites (e.g., Coliseum, Pantheon). The Vatican also is within walking distance for some individuals. The staff is quite friendly and helpful. The breakfast is excellent. Wifi is free, and the room was quiet. The only downside is that it is on a major city thoroughfare, and at times it can be difficult getting to the hotel if you are walking. However, we would definitely return to this hotel on a return visit to Rome.

1  Thank sej60

Dear guest,

thank you for taking the time to write about us! We really appreciate it and hope to welcome you here again in the future!
warm regards,

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Our second stay at the 47. Outstanding staff, wonderful rooms, amenities and views. The rooftop restaurant has fantastic food, views and service. Great full breakfast buffet in the morning. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the Via Luigi Petroselli for best view

Dear guest,

thank you for your review and for coming back to Hotel Fortyseven for the second time! We hope that there will be a third, a fourth and so on...it is great to know that we are your choice in Rome! Looking forward to welcome you here again, I send you our best wishes!

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

All the top sights are in walking range of the hotel,you can walk to wherever you want. The rooms are mid size, well furnished and clean. The breakfast compared to most of the hotels around Europe that lack variety of stuff is good. Lastly, the rooftop rest/bar deserves 5 stars alone for the view!

Dear guest,

thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us and had a good time at our Roof Garden Restaurant Circus. It is indeed a 5 star view, isn't it? Hope to be able to welcome here again in the future!
kind regards,

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Fortyseven Hotel is a great place to stay in Rome. The staff was very welcoming. The location is fantastic, close to all of the major attractions including the pantheon, forum and colleseum. If you like to walk you can also get to Vatican. It was close to good restaurants as well. The room was a good size and clean. The morning breakfast was terrific and you were able to sit a lovely courtyard. The Hotel also has a roof top restaurant and bar. We enjoyed drinks on the roof top while enjoying the view. The only complaint was that the internet was a bit slow or spotty at times.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

thank you for this nice review and for taking the time to write about us! I am sorry to hear that the wi-fi was sometimes slow, but unfortunately it can happen that the server is slower when all guests are connected at the same time, but we are taking care of it with our IT manager and soon this problem should not occur again, so hopefully when you come back to Rome you will not have to bear with a slow connection (but it will be free of charge, as always!).
hope to welcome here again very soon!
best regards,

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have family in Rome, and I choosen intially ( yesars ago) the 47hotel in Rome because of its extremely convenient location, across the river form my cousin's apartment in Trastevere.
I would go back to 47 even if my cousins moved across town. The staff is wonderflul, everyone is kind, multilingual, knowleageable about sightseeing, even the about the bus stops and about great places to eat within walking distance.
The best part is that twice now they were able to accomodate my request, to try to have a room avaliable at my early check in ( after a night spent crossing the atlantic on a super crowded airplane, all I want is a shower and a nap!) which has never happened in any other hotel I have stayed in. there is free wifi, the rooms are spacious and modern, with big showers, and the AC works so well I was actually cold at night and had to shut it off.
The only minor flaws are the beds are hard.. and the pillows too soft, and the hairdryer is the usual wall mounted "thing" that cannot really used to do a decent job in setting the hair if one has long hair...
A friend of mine who stayed there remarked about the same issues.
The location is perfect, the windows keep the traffic noise at bay , but at night the area becomes realtively quiet, so one could even slleep with the windows open if so desired.
Breakfast is very nice, even if I canno bear to eat mortadella before lunch, but, that is me being Italian.
Overall 47hotel in Rome is a great find. I hope the next time I visit they will have gotten new more plush mattersses.. in that case I might just move in.

Room Tip: get a higher floor, the view is amazing!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
danypre, Director of Sales at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear guest,

thank you for your kind and enthusiastic review! I surely hope that your cousins will not move from Trastevere, so you will have them near you here at your new “home” in Rome! Regarding the mattress, they are all orthopaedic, we made this choice so that our guests will not have “back problems” while sleeping here .
I am sorry that you didn’t enjoy it! We do have, however, a choice of pillows available, so please let us know your preference next time you come here! Let our front office know about it before your arrival!
Looking forward to welcome you here again!
Best regards,
Danielle

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights on our return to Rome from the Amalfi Coast. The building, the rooms and the staff are fantastic. The restaurant was wonderful. Everyone is very nice and attentive to our needs. Its clean and well appointed but there was one thing that negated every bit of it. The wall to the adjacent room was paper, PAPER, PAPER, THIN! Every single noise made in the next room came thru the walls at all hours. We could hear, the faucet turn on, the flush, the tv as plain as day, conversations like they were in our room, doors open and close....there was no end to it. I am also not accustom to leaving my room and entering a dark hallway. There are motion sensors on the lighting but I had to walk 10 steps from my door before I had light. Not safe, not comfortable. My last comment is we arranged for a car and driver to take us to the airport, a Mercedes was what they said. When we walked outside we were taken to a Citroen Minivan that was filthy inside. Not impressed I'd rather taken a taxi. Its really a shame they cheaped out on basic construction that the room we had was so noisy because of our neighbors. Certainly not worth the money.

Room Tip: Paper thin walls.
2  Thank Architectdave

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review! I am so sorry that you were disturbed by your neighbours; they were probably louder than the usual ones! I have checked with the front office about your transfer being made by a Citroen Van instead of a Mercedes and they contacted the transfer company that we use and apparently there was a problem with the Mercedes assigned that day to take you to the airport so in order not to come late and risk to make you late for your flight they sent the first available car in the surroundings. I apologize for this inconvenient and hope that you will give us another try if you ever come back! Let us know, so we will do our best to make up for it!
Kindest regards,