“A 40th birthday to remember”

Fortyseven Hotel Rome
Ranked #80 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed May 7, 2013

What a fantastic hotel in a beautiful city. I travelled to Rome to celebrate my 40th birthday and from my arrival at the hotel they went out of there way to make it special, the staff were very helpful and friendly, they gave us a complimentary room upgrade, a 15% discount on our first drink in the rooftop bar and on my birthday after a long day out in the city I arrived back to my room to find a lovely birthday cake waiting for me. The hotel itself is very clean, the rooms are spacious and well equipped (although could do with a few more sockets) it is very well positioned to take in all the sites of Rome. The breakfasts are very good with a range of English style cooked breakfasts, continental meets and cheeses and tasty pastries all buffet service. You would not be disappointed if you chose to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
danypre, Manager at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Guest,
I am so delighted that your 40th birthday was a positive experience at Fortyseven!
We know that upgrades, discount vouchers and birthday cakes are always fun to receive! We always try to SURPRISE our guests with something special whenever we can!
Perhaps we’ll see you next year for 41?!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I cannot be unfair by giving this hotel any less than a 'four circle' rating: the hotel was ideally placed in the centre of Rome, near to The Forum and the Coliseum, and also a short walk into the centre of the city; the three rooms that our party occupied were spacious, comfortable and finished to a high standard - I was fortunate to have one that looked t onto the Temple of Hercules at the front.

However, a number of the front of house staff that I encountered were very laid back, and I do not mean this in a positive way. At times, when ringing the concierge or, in particular, when interacting with the bar staff, my friends and I got the impression that we were more of a hindrance than a source of their income.

That aside, the roof-top bar and restaurant was a delight in that it afforded great views of the immediate area and beyond; it was a great place to meet in the afternoon/evening for a drink or meal. We did eat here on our first night and found the food to be excellent and priced accordingly.

The breakfast available in the morning was buffet-style and the choice was excellent: ranging from cereal and fruits to continental options and cooked eggs, bacon and sausage.

Despite the laissez-faire attitude of some of the staff, I would recommend this hotel as a great base to explore Rome. Just don't expect to be treated like an Emporer.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PCMatt101

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the fact that many positive points of Fortyseven were pointed out and enjoyed by your party of travellers and your ‘four circle’ rating.
We have received so very many compliments on our service, in particular our Front Office Reception for their courtesy, sincere interest in our Guests and professionalism that I must say that your comments referring to ‘average service’ has taken me a bit back. Our Reception Staff at this point is often times mentioned by name as to best highlight the satisfaction by our Guests. For example: ‘ Claudia went far, far beyond her ordinary responsibilities to help me find something I could only buy in one store in Rome and managed to make what seemed like an impossible search easy and successful’
We hope to have you with us again in the near future.

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

This made our vacation a real "Roman Holiday". The hotel is an old structure which has been updated to very modern boutique hotel. Our first stay was February 2008. The room was huge and had one of the most comfortable beds that I have ever slept in. They had a great signature scent for the toiletries "fig". To this day when I smell fig I think of the Forty Seven Hotel. It is right next to the Bocca de la Verita from the movie Roman Holiday. The day before we left they opened up the rooftop restaurant with amazing views of Rome. I know this review is a bit late but I just had to share it

• Stayed: February 2013
danypre, Manager at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Guest,
How can a great review be LATE!
I take it you saw the movie?!
Hope to have you with us again soon.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in April for our honeymoon and were very impressed!

Location is perfect for sight seeing and the reception staff couldn't do enough for you, advised us on open top bus tours and even local restaurants to eat at.

The rooms are spacious and stunning, we had a room over looking the main road but the windows blocked put any noise at all so had great nights sleeps especially with the black out blinds..

The restaurant on the rooftop terrace is very over priced and even for drinks it cost €15 for 2 drinks but the view was lovely, we didn't eat there but the menu looked very expensive considering there are many local authentic Italian restaurants for a fraction of the price to eat with much more Italian atmosphere.

We couldnt fault our trip, hotel or the most of the staff but if I had one complaint it was that the consierge was an American lady and was only really interested in speaking with the American guests, at breakfast for 3 days in a row she ignored our table and spoke to every American guest sat around us, offering advise on tourist attractions and discussing their stay....not that this bothered us too much as we enjoyed discovering rome for ourselves but I suppose it would have been polite of her to at least acknowledge the English tourist as much as the Americans.

Anyway I would without a doubt stay at this hotel again and would highly recommend it....

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the review. Hotel Fortyseven is happy to know that it helped to add to a ‘perfect honeymoon’!
Part of my job as Personal Guest Relations Manager is to greet Guests at breakfast. Therefore, I was the American woman who you were referring to.
I take into consideration the following:
-how crowded is the breakfast area
-have the Guests finished eating
-do they seem ‘open’ to being approached
-what time of the morning is it
-are they engrossed in their own conversation
-are there children or teenagers present
-are there ’special’ needs required by the Guest that I have been informed of
I DO NOT know which country the Guests are from most of the time. Hotel Fortyseven boasts a list of Guests from all over the world. It simply doesn’t make ‘business sense’ for me to only speak with Americans.
Having said that, without a doubt, you were offended and I am sorry for that.
We hope to have the pleasure of having back with us at Fortyseven, perhaps for an anniversary?!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Loved this hotel- quiet, friendly and very helpful staff, better than average breakfast selections, central location near Trastevere and the old Jewish Ghetto, easy to walk almost anywhere and not too far (15 min walk) to the Metro station as well. Rooms were big, modern, super clean and the bathrooms large and well appointed. Nice rooftop restau/bar as well. even a gym! Cost was high but the luxury was well worth it. We'll definitely stay here again. Grazie 47 Hotel!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
danypre, Manager at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Guest,
‘Excellent all around’ is quite a compliment!
Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We really appreciate it.
By the way, did you try the almond chocolate breakfast cake? Hope so…

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed six nights in this lovely modern hotel. Great location: five minutes to Capitoline Museums and easy access to Forum, as well as a short walk to Trastavere and its restaurants. In fact, we walked everywhere - even the Vatican. Being near the river made it easy to navigate - a big perk in Rome! Excellent complimentary breakfast, free wifi, a/c, clean quiet rooms with comfortable beds and a private balcony. Perfect hotel!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Location is one of our pluses here at 47. Thanks for pointing that out to others!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I do a great deal of traveling and have been to Rome several times in the past 18 months. And while there are better hotels in the city, few can match what the Fortyseven has to offer for a reasonable price. It is modern, clean, tech and workout friendly (including a steam room), a stone's throw away from some great sites like Circus Maximus, a brisk 15-minute walk from major shopping areas, just across the bridge from Trastevere and, best of all, an incredibly helpful and friendly staff, especially Claudia Caccioppoli. Claudia went far, far beyond her ordinary responsibilities to help me find something I could only buy in one store in Rome and managed to make what seemed like an impossible search easy and successful. I agree with Juan R: stay there!

Room Tip: Ask for outside, not courtyard, view...