“Excellent hotel in a very convenient location”

Fortyseven Hotel Rome
Ranked #79 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in February. The staff were exceptionally helpful and many spoke good English. The interior is modern and although the room was quite small it was well laid out, clean and had a very comfortable large bed. There are bus stops just outside the hotel and we took a bus to The Vatican but otherwise we walked to all the other main sites. The Colliseum was approximately 15 mins. The restaurant in the hotel was quite expensive especially the drinks but the food was nice. We asked the hotel to arrange a taxi to pick us up from the airport which cost €50. We had a delightful stay and would recommend this hotel for its' staff, comfort and convenience.

• Stayed: February 2013
danypre, Manager at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear Guest,
A sincere thanks for your review. The fact that you would recommend Fortyseven shows us that we are moving in the right direction as Guest satisfaction is our goal!

There are newer reviews for Fortyseven Hotel Rome

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is an absolutely amazing hotel, couldn't fault anything - helpful welcoming staff, room so clean, fantastic location, fab breakfast, amazing food and view in the roof top restaurant, even give you bathrobes and slippers!!

1  Thank Alice T

Dear Guest,
Now that is a short, yet very positive review! Thank you.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was a dream hotel for our family. We have three small children and finding accommodation that works for us (place for the adults to actually remain awake after the kids are tucked into bed) is always a challenge. We booked connecting rooms and could not have been happier with our stay. Great breakfast - always able to find a table and the choice was better than many hotels offer. Hot milk was happily offered to our children every morning and the staff made sure to personally greet them each time we met in the halls. We felt extremely welcome, which is not always the case when you have three children in your party. The location was perfect and we walked easily (with kids and promises of gelato) to the Pantheon, the Forum, and the Colosseum. The other two days we took one of the hop on hop off bus tours (stop is 5 minutes up the street) and visited the rest of the sites. When we return to Rome, we will absolutely stay in this hotel again. It was that good.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Thanks for the comments referring to your Children and our Staff. We simply love having them around!
See you next time!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We took a flight to Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport, hopped on the train to the Termini station (14 euro a person) then took a metro (subway) to the Colosseum (2 stops), the hotel is not very far from there but I suggest you take a taxi since you will have luggage. It's 10 Euro to the hotel. Once you walk out of the station, make a right and about 50 feet from there, you will see the line of taxis.
Now to the hotel part. When you look at it from the outside, it looks like a regular little hotel, nothing fancy. You walk in and at first, you will be like "where's the reception area" because it is not your normal lobby room. There are 2 little glass desks, one on each side with a receptionist sitting there on a Acer laptop and there are 2 chairs on the other side. At first I thought it was kind of odd and not very professional since I am used to the regular hotel when they give you a map and keys and send you on your way... Not this place. We were greeted by a young lady named Alina. She not only explained the significant pieces of history around the immediate area, she recommended places to eat, called and made 4 different reservations for us at different places and pinpointed every single place you would want to go. If she did not know for sure the exact location, she hopped on her computer and looked it up. It was incredible customer service!
Now to the room. The room was nice and decently large. Mini Bar is stocked up pretty nicely. There are no restaurants or anything in the immediate area so you do not have to worry about people eating outside being loud or anything. The eating establishments are close enough that you can get there with a quick 10 minute walk. The hotel is also right between 2 hop on-hop off stops so if you plan on doing that, it is very convenient. There is a restaurant upstairs on the top floor with a nice view. We didnt eat there but we checked it out and had a drink. I saw a drink because the prices were a little steep. 12.50 euro for a cocktail. It was cheaper at the Hard Rock. I cannot comment on parking because we did not drive here but I would recommend taking public transportation because they drive a little crazy in Rome.
There is a sauna and a pretty respectable weight room. I was pretty amazed with the weight room. There are robes and slippers in the rooms for you. Breakfast was decent. Eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, meats, cheeses, coffee, juice, breads and it was buffet style. Breakfast is served until 1030 so you dont have to wake up too early if you want to eat. Wifi in the rooms was pretty decent. I can't complain.

Sorry if this was kinda long. I try to give as much info as possible. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Big thumbs up to Alina!

2  Thank TRICKIERAVER

Dear Guest,
That was an informative review! Thanks.
Our Reception was designed to better assist our Guests in a friendlier fashion. It also helps when you have a friendly Staff!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

My husband surprised me with a w/e in Rome for my 50th birthday and chose this hotel for it's location and reviews. I wasn't disappointed.

The hotel is closely situated to the Trastevere district where we had 2 lovely meals at 'normal' prices. It is also close to the Colisseum and Roman Forum, which was a 10 minute stroll. We also walked to the Vatican - along the river until you reach the bridge with the sculptures, took about 30mins and that was with taking photos along the way!.

Our room unfortunately overlooked a side street (didnt get the nice view that hubby requested) but it was quiet & well equipped. If you are charging batteries etc overnight please note that the sockets appear to go off when you turn off the lights - it took us a while to realise why things werent charging overnight!

Breakfast was very nice, good variety and never too busy. We ventured up to the roof top bar on one occasion for a drink - lovely views from up there.

The staff are very friendly and helped us arrange our return transportation to the airport aswell as advising on restaurants in the area.

We both had a fantastic w/e - hoping for a return visit very soon!

1  Thank ConcernedCheshire

Dear Guest,
It’s nice to read that you chose Hotel Fortyseven also because of the Trip Advisor Reviews and you were not disappointed with your decision.
Return Guests are always greatly appreciated.
Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

This was a beautiful hotel in a fantastic location. Both centrally and the views around. The staff speak fluent English and were extremely helpful from start to finish. They even made some reservations for me at local restaurants as I knew it would be busy during Valentines. Would certainly recommend it and if I return to Rome, I would stay here again. Thank you!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thanks for the compliments!
Rome is such a romantic city and a great place to celebrate Valentines!
I’m glad that the Reception was able to find a restaurant for you. Next time your in town, think about going up to our candle-lit Roof Restaurant.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Great staff, luxurious rooms, walking distance to all the main sites a superb base to explore Rome from. We stayed in February for three nights, the only fault we could find was that unless you like the news channels there was very little on the TV in English. I guess that was a hint to go and explore. Enjoy this cracking Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
danypre, Manager at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Guest,
We are delighted that you had a positive stay with us!
Did you know that we have 300 television channels in several languages! Next time you are with us again, we must demonstrate our new television remote control guides!
Hope to see you soon.