Fortyseven Hotel Rome
Hotel Navona(Rome)
$195
$156
1,951 results
All reviewsrooftop restaurantcircus maximusmouth of truthjewish ghettotiber riverancient ruinswithin walking distancesteam roomtrastevere areadeluxe roomboutique hotelpalatine hillbusy roadour honeymoonwalked everywherefifth floormajor sites
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My husband surprised me with a w/e in Rome for my 50th birthday and chose this hotel for it's location and reviews. I wasn't disappointed.

The hotel is closely situated to the Trastevere district where we had 2 lovely meals at 'normal' prices. It is also close to the Colisseum and Roman Forum, which was a 10 minute stroll. We also walked to the Vatican - along the river until you reach the bridge with the sculptures, took about 30mins and that was with taking photos along the way!.

Our room unfortunately overlooked a side street (didnt get the nice view that hubby requested) but it was quiet & well equipped. If you are charging batteries etc overnight please note that the sockets appear to go off when you turn off the lights - it took us a while to realise why things werent charging overnight!

Breakfast was very nice, good variety and never too busy. We ventured up to the roof top bar on one occasion for a drink - lovely views from up there.

The staff are very friendly and helped us arrange our return transportation to the airport aswell as advising on restaurants in the area.

We both had a fantastic w/e - hoping for a return visit very soon!

1  Thank ConcernedCheshire
danypre, Manager at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear Guest,
It’s nice to read that you chose Hotel Fortyseven also because of the Trip Advisor Reviews and you were not disappointed with your decision.
Return Guests are always greatly appreciated.
Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

This was a beautiful hotel in a fantastic location. Both centrally and the views around. The staff speak fluent English and were extremely helpful from start to finish. They even made some reservations for me at local restaurants as I knew it would be busy during Valentines. Would certainly recommend it and if I return to Rome, I would stay here again. Thank you!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thanks for the compliments!
Rome is such a romantic city and a great place to celebrate Valentines!
I’m glad that the Reception was able to find a restaurant for you. Next time your in town, think about going up to our candle-lit Roof Restaurant.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Great staff, luxurious rooms, walking distance to all the main sites a superb base to explore Rome from. We stayed in February for three nights, the only fault we could find was that unless you like the news channels there was very little on the TV in English. I guess that was a hint to go and explore. Enjoy this cracking Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
danypre, Manager at Fortyseven Hotel Rome, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Guest,
We are delighted that you had a positive stay with us!
Did you know that we have 300 television channels in several languages! Next time you are with us again, we must demonstrate our new television remote control guides!
Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was in Rome with my husband to celebrate our first year of marriage and could not have chosen a better place. The hotel is near top attractions and they have an incredible view. But what I liked most was the friendly staff! Alina (one of the receptionists) treated me like an old friend and helped me to do a surprise for my husband...and him to do a surprise for me!
Love it!

Dear guest,
On behalf of all the Fortyseven Team, a sincere thanks for the very positive review!
We are delighted that you and your husband chose our Hotel to celebrate such a special event!
Comments as yours show us that our efforts are being appreciated and this makes us try even harder.
Looking forward to having you with us again.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed 10 days at the fortyseven and have no complaints whatsoever. Location, location, location if you are in Rome for sightseeing. Walking distance (if you are into walking) from most ruins and places of interest and a short cab ride for most others. As we received the New Years at the Coliseum we had a great time and at our return to the hotel were pleasantly surprised by a nice little party the hotel had at the circus restaurant in the top level. The fortyseven is a boutique style hotel that is well kept with a lot of attention to detail, the rooms are spacious for Roman standards and they feature full blind mechanical curtains that comes handy as your biological clock adjust from the time zone change if you are a traveler that comes from the other side of the big pawn. "American" style breakfast is served every morning and you can get CNN in English in the room. A nice little bar stocked with the basics is offered in the rooms as well. Staff is always willing to help and make arrangements should you need tickets to get into any of the attractions. In summation a very, very good experience.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay a few days make sure you get a suite.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Creek-Knight

Dear Guest,
Thanks for the great Tripadvisor review! You touched on a lot of elements at Fortyseven that we are truly proud of and are always delighted when our Guests feel the same.