“Very Welcoming”

Fortyseven Hotel Rome
Ranked #77 of 1,273 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I arrived at this hotel today after much confusion and chaos. I was welcomed by a very friendly hotel staff. Although it is only my first night and I will be here for the next 5 nights, I wanted to write a review because I was so impressed with the room, location, and staff. It is a great location. We are here on our honeymoon and the staff had champagne and a card in the room. They made a crazy day of traveling more enjoyable! More to follow...

• Stayed: November 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (1,912)

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Hotel is modern and very nice. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We'd upgraded to larger sized room, which was very generous in size. Breakfast was very good. Very nice restaurant in hotel with open air views (and hotel gives various discounts making it attractive price-wise as well). Location is somewhat remote by ancient ruins.

Tips: (1) While it's in the ancient area, it's about a 25 min walk to the Colosseum. (2) We took two "small group" tours thru Dark Rome - an Ancient Rome tour which included the lower level of the Colosseum and a tour of the Bourghese Palace and Gardens. Both were excellent and we highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Rooms are affordable clean and comfortable. Buffet breakfast was included. Friendly and helpful staff. Just a few minutes walk from main attractions. Plus roof terrace bar.

Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Like many people on this my husband and I spent a lot of time researching hotels within Rome for our stay. We decided upon Fortyseven Hotel as it was close to where we were getting married (Campidioglio) - did I mention we were getting married while there?! :) I am so glad we chose this hotel as not only was it a great location (within walking distance to all the main sights) but also the staff made our time there all the more special. On arrival we received a complimentary bottle of bubbly as they were aware we were getting married. The rooms are a great size, very clean, fantastic showers, excellent WiFi facilities and the comfiest bed I have slept in, in any hotel. A special thank you goes to Elina who could not have been more helpful and is a real asset to the hotel. She helped with any request we had from wedding questions, to places she recommends locally. We would also like to say thank you to the manager - Adrienne who personally takes time to speak to her guests and for the lovely email we received from her when we returned home. We cannot wait to return to the 'Eternal City' - and when we do, we will be sure to stay at the Fortyseven Hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paula W
Reviewed November 13, 2012

A very well presented modern hotel close to many attractions. The staff, service and rooms could not be faulted. The view from the roof bar was stunning and the waiter service excellent. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Vicki W
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Having just come back from a few days in Rome stopping at the Forty Seven Preferred Boutique Hotel I just want to tell everyone how great the hotel is.
We arrived early - before booking in time - yet our room was made available. We had a late flight back and were allowed a couple of extra hours in our room at no extra cost which was really appreciated. The staff were excellent and could not have been more helpful. Nothing was too much trouble and they had lots of good advice or what to do and where to go.

Room Tip: The lower floor is a little noisy but we both liked the city sound and were that tired it made no di...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TexasMing
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

My fiancée and I stayed at this boutique hotel in November 2012 and were very pleasantly surprised with our stay there. The staff gave first-rate service and were genuinely helpful; the rooms were well furnished and clean (if a bit dark and not a great view); the steam room is underused and a real treasure after a long day trekking; breakfast is plentiful (though not varied); Wi-Fi is a bonus; located close to the Coliseum and 30 mins walk to Vatican City; and the rooftop restaurant is cosy and a hidden gem (though a little pricey). We even got a 20% discount for a meal then a further 20% on our last night; not to mention a free bottle of prosecco on the first night for our celebration. The hotel was not too busy (though it was out of season) and there was a mix of nationalities and business types.
Given the location and service, we'd definitely come back again!

2  Thank L0ndonChap