“Definitely recommend to stay here in Rome!”

La Finestra sul Colosseo B&B
Ranked #15 of 3,758 Rome B&B and Inns
london
“Definitely recommend to stay here in Rome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

We went to La Finestra after I read great reviews on TripAdvisor. The reviews did not disappoint, the place is amazing & I loved the location- you literally walk out the front door and you can see the Colosseum! Aldo is really friendly and told us about places to go that aren't too expensive and explained the metro system to us. He also makes your breakfast for you everyday- which was lovely too! I'm not a massive fry up fan so his range of toast, pastries and yogurt were perfect. We had the room at the back, so the window is overlooking the courtyard. Our room was lovely and clean and and tidied every day. I could not recommend this place enough, when I go back to Rome I would definitely stay there again! Also- the bed is to die for, you literally sink in it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank angela s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

So I have had to go back and write this review for the third time. That's how badly I wanted to write a review for Aldo and La Finestra. My girl friend and I stayed here for five night in February over Valentine's Day. Rome is awesome. But Rome is friendly thanks to Aldo. We met us outside when we arrived and took care of us entirely since. (I originally thought Aldo was going to be 60 but he's this awesome 30 year old guy!) He gave us a good map and great recommendations, set me up for a Valentine's day dinner and always has a great breakfast. He's so generous, fun, knowledgeable but also a great host; he knows exactly when to talk and be friendly and also when to let us be alone.

The room was spectacular. The pictures don't do it justice. You really DO have a view of the Colosseum. It was so clean and, honestly, simple. But it's charm comes from this. Aldo and his girl friend and friend cleaned up the place when they bought it, and it's the nicest place I've ever stayed in that wasn't something corporate. The bed was soooo comfy and big, everything worked wonderfully. It was almost a bummer to be in Rome and not get to stay in this wonderful hidden gem often. But it's the world's best nap room. And it's huge for Rome. My studio apartment is the same size. And the bathroom is awesome! Towel warmers, great tile work, a spacious shower. Everything about the place is great.

But again, go for Aldo. He's the best host I've ever stayed with. He answered all my email questions, helped all our needs and just flat out amazed me with his hospitality. You have to stay here. It's all of Rome in one room, not over the top accommodations but a rustic home stay that is a secret well kept.

Room Tip: We stayed in the "Colosseo View." They're all attached to a commons room so you may sh...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank JackLitchfield
Newry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

A fantastic, bespoke place to stay with a wonderful personal touch from the ever friendly Aldo who is helpful in every way. Room was immaculately clean every day and on the 2nd day Aldo had even left a bottle of Red wine in our room complimentary! Easy walking distance to Metro, to the Colessium and just a brilliant place to base yourself at a reasonable price in Rome. Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ThomasCarroll14
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

We recently enjoyed 3 fantastic night's at this B&B. Aldo was extremely helpful and gave us advice on the best places to eat and how to get about on public transport.

The location was fantastic, very close to the Colosseum and within easy access to all the major sights.

We stayed in the double room without the Colosseum view and we found it very peaceful, as this room faces the quiet courtyard. The room itself was amazing - spotlessly clean and and beautifully decorated.

Thank you Aldo for a fantastic stay!

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank PrettyLada
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

This accomodation was located very close to the Colosseum, and within 5-10 mins walk of 2 Metro stops so the location was really good. Service from Aldo was great - very friendly with loads of tips on where to go to eat etc..
Aldo called us just as we arrived at the Metro station and was waiting for us outside when we arrived to be sure we found the place.
The room was really nice - looked brand new, really nice brick-work ceiling which apparently dates back to the early 1900s, shower/bathroom was spotless and the whole place felt very secure. I'd definitely recommend this place to stay when in Rome.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank FergalKilkenny
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

This was our first trip to Italy and we found this B&B to be above our expectations. Aldo was prompt with answers to our questions concerning the reservations and the best way to get transportation from Fiumicino Airport. He was waiting for us when we arrived and helped us settle in and gave us an overview of the sites.

We reserved the Double Room with courtyard view. It was spacious, very clean and included a bottle of local wine. The street noise in this room was minimal. The bed was comfortable.

Aldo arrived every morning to serve continental breakfast which consisted of pastries, yogurt, fruit, toast, juice, and coffee/tea. Along with our breakfast, Aldo gave us suggestions and directions to our planned destinations for the day. He was available to make reservations for us to any site that required them. He also assisted us with taxi reservations for the last morning since we had to arrive at the airport very early.

The B&B is located 5 minute walk from the Colosseum just as shown on the website. It is located between the Colosseum & Manzoni Metro stations and there is a bus stop right out front. There are plenty of restaurants nearby.

We highly recommend this B&B due to it's location, cleanliness and Aldo's friendly attitude in helping his guests get the most from their stay in Rome.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank M W
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

This was my first time staying at a B&B in Rome. I was hesitant and unsure what to expect, but this B&B far exceeded my expectations. Aldo responded to my inquiry immediately and I was able to book a room for the very next day. I stayed in the deluxe room for the first two nights and then had to switch to the deluxe room w/ a view for the remaining 3 nights. I personally think the deluxe room (without the view) is a fantastic room and it's on the inside of the building so you don't hear any noise from street traffic. However, ALL of the rooms here (there are only 3) are fantastic with modern decor and large bathrooms.

Aldo, the owner, is very kind and was attentive to my needs. I simply asked if there was a DVD player and 2 days later there was one installed in my room! The B&B is a flat that was recently renovated in April and everything inside is new and in great condition. The location is walking distance to the Colosseum and in between 2 metro stops (Manzoni and Colosseo). There aren't that many great restaurants around; however, you can hop on the metro and go just a few stops for more variety. Breakfast at the B&B is included in the room price. It isn't much (toast, juice, coffee, pastries, and yogurt), but I looked forward to it, as it was a time for me to chat with Aldo and get info about some of the best places to see in the city!

I fell in love with the bakery two doors down, and made it a daily ritual to pop in and get a pastry before retiring for the evening.

This B&B is a fantastic choice for the price and I will never stay at another chain hotel again in Rome! Book your room early, as there are only 3 rooms and reservations tend to book quickly.
Quick tip: there are no clocks in the room, so if you like to wake up at a specific time, be sure to bring your own alarm clock. Due to the jetlag (6 hr time difference from the US), I overslept twice.

My only regret in posting this review is that too many people will discover this hidden gem in the city center! After 5 nights, this place truly felt like home and I was sad to leave. Grazie to Aldo (the owner) and Roy (the gentleman who cleans) for a terrific stay!

Room Tip: If you're trying to save money, book the deluxe room WITHOUT a view. It's beautiful, has a g...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo