“Feeling at home in the middle of Rome” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Finestra sul Colosseo B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
La Finestra sul Colosseo B&B
You added La Finestra sul Colosseo B&B to your Saves list
Via Labicana 72, 00184 Rome, Italy (Monti)   |
Special Offer
Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #54 of 3,576 Rome B&B and Inns
Essen
“Feeling at home in the middle of Rome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The B&B is perfect if you want to relax after a long walk around Rome. The Room is very clean and nicely furnished, the atmosphere is nice and cosy and the owner can give important and useful information on where to go and what to do. He has got a great personality and is very helpful and kind. The breakfast is tipically italian (sweet) and very good.
The B&B is very close to two metro stops, so you can get there easily and it's very comfortable to explore the city from there. The street is quite busy and you can hear the traffic in the room, so if you like it very quiet, this is maybe not the right choice. But we never had problems sleeping as the bed is very comfortable.

Room Tip: We booked a room with colosseo view, which in the retrospect wouldn't have been that necessary a...
1 Thank Morawan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Crossville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stayed for two nights at this bed-and-breakfast a couple of weeks ago. It was amazing. Aldo's hospitality was unmatched. The decor was beautiful. It was very clean and the breakfast was nice. We felt at home in Rome! If we ever venture back to Rome we will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank TulipandBo
Cirencester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stayed at Finestra sul Colosseo from 19-26 Novemeber 2012. The booking process was very easy and Aldo responded very quickly to all of my questions prior to booking and then prior to arrival. It was very easy to find and Aldo was waiting outside for us when we arrived. He immediately offered us a drink and gave us a map of the city along with a number of recommendations, as well as answering our questions. This was a trent throughout the week - if we had a question we ask and, whether it be in person or by email, Aldo answered quickly. The B and B is very close to many of the sites and also to 2 Metro stations so getiting around couldn't be easier. Don't be intimidated by using any of the forms of public transport - it is incredibly easy. However, if you'd rather not, walking is a viable option throughout the city centre. A walk from Vatican to Colesseo took about 40 mins, at a leisurely pace with plenty of pauses to look in shops etc.
The room itself was very nice and comfortable - especially the bad which facilitated some excellent rest. We had a couple of minor problems with the plumbing/pipework (it's an old building!) but these were addressed immediately by Aldo. I think that staying here offers a little more personal service than most hotels. For instance, my travel adaptor did not work, so Aldo went to see his brother and borrowed an Iphone adaptor for me. He also allowed us to check-out later on the final day for no additional charge. This meant we could spend an extra half-day in Rome, rather than babystting our baggage!

Thanks Aldo.

1 Thank stratnumberone
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The standard of service Aldo extends to his guests is something you experience well before you even get to his charming B&B. He kept me posted via email and via SMS re the fastest and easiest way to get to La Finestra. Then when I finally got off the train at the Coloseo stop, Aldo met me half way along Via Labicana as he was concerned that I might lose my way (though I never did because his directions were very clear). While the building where his B&B is located seems a bit gloomy, stepping into La Finestra was so refreshing! Bright, airy and tastefully decorated, it’s exactly how it looked on its webpage! My room was lovely, adequately supplied with bottles of water every day and a bowl of fresh fruits by his warm and hospitable staff, Roy. Wifi kept me connected with family and friends as I was traveling solo. As mentioned in the reviews, Aldo offers very good advice on places/restos to visit, what routes to take (La Finestra is close to the coloseo, Via Imperiali, Coloseo stop (blue line), Manzoni stop (red stop)). Best of all, he made reservations for me at the Galleria Borghese and gave me tips re visiting the Vatican Museum. His brand of service made my 5-day Roman holiday a truly memorable experience. Grazie, Aldo!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank maskinano
Berg Sur Moselle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Perfect position to explore Rome, what a beautiful city. The room was truly as nice as the photo, which is refreshing. Aldo could not be there to meet us when we arrived late (2200 a Tuesday evening) but he had arranged for his brother to be there, nothing was too difficult and everything is done to help you and make you feel comfortable. The entrance to the building is a bit strange, after the initial apprehension you get to the fantastic apartment which has a true WOW factor.

There are restaurants within a 5 minute walk for the evening, when your feet are tired this is very helpful, with full quality menus and wine for about 60 EUR for 2. My wife and I loved Rome, the city is fantastic, this B&B however really made the trip memorable.

1 Thank RobbieW57
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights last week. My flight didn't arrive until 10pm and I didn’t arrive at the hotel until around 11pm on the Thursday night. Even at this hour Aldo (hotel manager) was there to meet me – other places I have stayed in Europe have charged an additional fee to arrive at such a time however Aldo was very welcoming and met me at the front entrance to the building. The room which had the view of the Coliseum was amazing (especially for the price), very clean and very well presented. Complimentary fresh fruit and bottled water was provided in the room. The stay was very enjoyable and I cannot speak highly enough of Aldo’s hospitality and friendly manner which really made the stay very enjoyable. I have travelled extensively in Europe and this is the first time that I have taken the time to write a review on Trip Advisor, however I felt compelled to write this review due to the fantastic stay I had and I would highly recommend visitors to Rome to stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Marac26
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We just spend 5 nights in this lovely B&B. Nothing to complain about, just many thanks to say. Location is great, a short walk to many of the sights. There are also two metro lines close by, and a tram and bus routes just a few steps from the front door. We had the room without Colosseo view and it was really beautiful and quiet, we slept so well every night. The breakfast was also good. Aldo was the perfect host, he was always quick to reply to e-mails and had great tips where to eat. He kindly made ticket reservations for us and found the answers to our many questions, so thank you Aldo!

2 Thank K_Hki