“a gem in the heart of rome”

La Finestra sul Colosseo B&B
Ranked #36 of 3,642 Rome B&B and Inns
Manila, Philippines
“a gem in the heart of rome”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The standard of service Aldo extends to his guests is something you experience well before you even get to his charming B&B. He kept me posted via email and via SMS re the fastest and easiest way to get to La Finestra. Then when I finally got off the train at the Coloseo stop, Aldo met me half way along Via Labicana as he was concerned that I might lose my way (though I never did because his directions were very clear). While the building where his B&B is located seems a bit gloomy, stepping into La Finestra was so refreshing! Bright, airy and tastefully decorated, it’s exactly how it looked on its webpage! My room was lovely, adequately supplied with bottles of water every day and a bowl of fresh fruits by his warm and hospitable staff, Roy. Wifi kept me connected with family and friends as I was traveling solo. As mentioned in the reviews, Aldo offers very good advice on places/restos to visit, what routes to take (La Finestra is close to the coloseo, Via Imperiali, Coloseo stop (blue line), Manzoni stop (red stop)). Best of all, he made reservations for me at the Galleria Borghese and gave me tips re visiting the Vatican Museum. His brand of service made my 5-day Roman holiday a truly memorable experience. Grazie, Aldo!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank maskinano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Berg Sur Moselle
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Perfect position to explore Rome, what a beautiful city. The room was truly as nice as the photo, which is refreshing. Aldo could not be there to meet us when we arrived late (2200 a Tuesday evening) but he had arranged for his brother to be there, nothing was too difficult and everything is done to help you and make you feel comfortable. The entrance to the building is a bit strange, after the initial apprehension you get to the fantastic apartment which has a true WOW factor.

There are restaurants within a 5 minute walk for the evening, when your feet are tired this is very helpful, with full quality menus and wine for about 60 EUR for 2. My wife and I loved Rome, the city is fantastic, this B&B however really made the trip memorable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RobbieW57
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights last week. My flight didn't arrive until 10pm and I didn’t arrive at the hotel until around 11pm on the Thursday night. Even at this hour Aldo (hotel manager) was there to meet me – other places I have stayed in Europe have charged an additional fee to arrive at such a time however Aldo was very welcoming and met me at the front entrance to the building. The room which had the view of the Coliseum was amazing (especially for the price), very clean and very well presented. Complimentary fresh fruit and bottled water was provided in the room. The stay was very enjoyable and I cannot speak highly enough of Aldo’s hospitality and friendly manner which really made the stay very enjoyable. I have travelled extensively in Europe and this is the first time that I have taken the time to write a review on Trip Advisor, however I felt compelled to write this review due to the fantastic stay I had and I would highly recommend visitors to Rome to stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Marac26
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We just spend 5 nights in this lovely B&B. Nothing to complain about, just many thanks to say. Location is great, a short walk to many of the sights. There are also two metro lines close by, and a tram and bus routes just a few steps from the front door. We had the room without Colosseo view and it was really beautiful and quiet, we slept so well every night. The breakfast was also good. Aldo was the perfect host, he was always quick to reply to e-mails and had great tips where to eat. He kindly made ticket reservations for us and found the answers to our many questions, so thank you Aldo!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank K_Hki
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for one week and it was everything we expected and more. Aldo the host did everything in his power to make our stay with him the best it could be. The location was perfect, right by the colloseum. It was between two subway stations so getting anywhere was very easy. Aldo was always willing to provide any suggestions for restaurants or sights to see.

As for the room, we found it spacious and very clean through the entire trip! All rooms got there own bathroom which is not common in most places in rome. The beds were comfy and water was hot.

Every morning aldo had a great selection of fruits, tarts, crossiants, juices, coffee, tea, etc. all very good

I would be very surprised to see anyone disappointed with staying at this place.

Great job Aldo!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Southpah
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed November 13, 2012

La Finestra Sul Colosseo is a charming B&B well located 5 minutes from the Colosseum. We wanted to stay away from the big or chain hotels in Rome for a more casual experience, and La Finestra Sul Colosseo fit the bill. The proprietor, Aldo, is a great guy. Very charming and helpful, he took time to point out all sorts of attractions and restaurant recommendations on a helpful map of Rome which he provided for us. He even set up a car service for us for our return to the airport. We walked all over Rome and never felt that our B&B was too far away from anything. Our room was clean and inviting, the continental breakfast was perfect, and the experience as a whole was delightful. I highly recommend this B&B for people looking for a different kind of experience in Rome. We felt more like invited guests rather than tourists.

The B&B is just short ride from Roma Termini (11 Euro by cab), and then very convent to walk anywhere in Rome. Be sure to give the cabbie the address rather than the name. I didn't get the impression it was a well-known B&B, but it is literally 4 or 5 blocks from the main train station. We avoided the buses and struck out every morning, and returned at night. We were exhausted but got to see so much more by walking all over than we would being confined to a bus. Overall it was a charming Roman Holiday and we feel we got a much better impression of the trip by staying at La Finestra Sul Colosseo!

Room Tip: There are only a few rooms, so book early!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Matt D
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 6, 2012

A friend of mine racommended this B&B right in front the Colossium, 3 minutes away from the Metro station.Aldo the owner is very friendly and he gave us so many tip for save money for trasportation and restaurant(the most important in a city like Rome).Also he gave us a bottle of wine and water for free.The room was big and very clean and a very confortable bed.Breakfast was delicious.I reacommend this B&B at all my friends and family,Thanks Aldo for amazing experience.

Room Tip: Ask Aldo the Colosseum view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends