“Great location in heart of Rome”
Review of Hotel Raffaello

Hotel Raffaello
Ranked #85 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Fabulous location within a few minutes,of the Colosseum and Forum. Hotel is clean, service is great and I will go back here again. Breakfast was served in a lovely breakfast area, and is continental. Room was not large, but more than adequate and bathroom was modern. 5 minutes walk to Cavour metro, lovely restaurants, and even an Irish pub was easily found. An example of great service, was on one of the nights the power was cut off,in an area around the hotel,and the staff went out of their way, with free wine, and a great atmosphere with all the hotels guests sitting outside the hotel socialising, until the power was restored. Would definitely recommend this hotel to families as it was lovely and quiet.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael M
Elena G, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Raffaello, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Mr. Michael M,

It was such a pleasant surprise for us reading your review: it is reassuring seeing our guests appreciate we try to do our best, especially in and during exceptional events, like the one you mentioned, when the power was cut off in the neighbourhood.
As we always say, one of a hotel's main strenght points and obbligation (in our opinion) is to react promptly in a crisis moment- it is THEN when you get to see the reality and the structure of an organisation and its staff...
Thank you so much for having mentioned it, and thank you for your praising words- it was our pleasure trying to do the most out of it, and we are more than glad you have enjoyed your stay here so much!
Hoping your return will be a soon one, we'll make sure to have some fireworks! :)
Best and "enlightening" regards,

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I've been there last december. Receptionist are nice and competent. The room was fantastic. The bathroom was very good, even though I've to admit the toilet was crazy because of the limited space. Breakfast was really taste. Location is also very good. Price: very low compared to the quality of my stay! I recommend this place without reservation!

Room Tip: ask for a room where there is enough space around the toilet
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Elena G, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Raffaello, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Salernitano,

Thank you, first of all, ...for having thought about us almost 7 months after your staying here, with us...If we have been in your head/heart all that time, ...there is no other need for further comments... :)
As your review was brief and short, ...but enthusiastic, I know I could never keep the same tone, so...I'll probably end it this way, ...hoping you will give us the chance to host you again soon, with a less crazy bath! :)
Best and warmest regards,

Reviewed July 5, 2013

The Hotel Raffaello is well locate in central Rome with most major points of interest within walking distance. Two metro stations are within a five to ten minute walk if you want to save your legs for exploring the sights and also provides easy transport to places that are a little further afield. There are a number of restaurants and café near the hotel. We highly recommend the Ciuri Ciuri café, the cannoli and gelato are excellent. The breakfast provided by the hotel had a good selection of well prepared items. The room at Hotel Raffaello was spacious, clean, and well appointed, with a large modern bathroom. The staff were friendly and helpful at all times. We would like to acknowledge Elena and Massimo on the front desk who made us feel very welcomed and were helpful with all of our various requests.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TuxBuzz
Elena G, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Raffaello, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear TuxBuzz,

I would like to thank you, along with all the Raffaello staff for your beautiful words... It means a lot to us seeing not always people take for granted our work, and our passion into it... :)

As for Raffaello, ...one of its strenght points is EXACTLY the location: near both metro line stops, less than a mile close to the Colosseum and Forum, along with San Pietro in Vincoli (which hosts the famous "Moses" by Michelangelo), or Basilica Santa Maria Maggiore (the only Basilica of all 4 still keeping the ancient pagan walls), Raffaello is situated in the charming Rione Monti, one of the most ancient Roman neighbourhood : it already existed 2000 years ago...
The cobblestone meandering narrow streets -after all, Rome WAS built on 7 hills!.. - , full of small reatsurants, tavernas of handcraft shops...still maintain the charm and the magic of the 19th century , so...it is all to be discovered, and Raffaello is a good point where to start from... :)
Hoping we will have the chance of having you here again soon, ...I sent you all our best wishes.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

My partner & I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel in June. We had a superior room with a balcony on the top floor, which was fantastic. There were only 5 rooms on the top floor, so it was very quiet. We had lots of space. The bathroom and bathtub were of great sizes. We loved the complimentary bottle of local wine. I think we sat out on our large balcony/deck every evening before going out to dinner.

The location can't be beat. It's in a very local neighborhood (and my favorite in Rome - the Monti area). A quick walk to Termini where you can get almost any bus or either of the metro lines. There are tons of amazing restaurants within a minutes walk from this restaurant, but you should definately explore other areas of the city at night too.

The staff here were decent. The women we met working at the desk, Elena (and another woman who's name I forgot) were very nice. There was another younger guy with a beard working often at night who was friendly and always wanting to ask how was your day. However, some of the other male staff especially at night often made us felt like we were bothering them to ask for a room key or even to say hello.

The wireless internet on the top floor was hit or miss. It often did not work in the room, but did work on the balcony. Sometimes I had to go sit at night in the hotel lobby to get connection to check e-mail or do research for the next day.

The staff at breakfast were friendly and the breakfast selection was very good.

Overall, I was pleased with this hotel. The great location in one of the best neighborhoods in Rome was the major selling point. The price was just right for what you got.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Elena G, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Raffaello, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Dear VTJedi,

Once upon a time, there was Suburra...the most important Roman neighbourhood... Nowadays, it's called Rione dei Monti, and is still keeping its cobblestones narrow streets, full of small taverns and restaurants, handicraft shops...
Santa Maria Maggiore, the only Basilica still containing the originar pagan walls, or Colosseum, Rome's symbol, along with the Forum, ...are situated at less than a mile from Raffaello.

Coming back to ourselves (and I'm ruining the magic now, I know...), ...THANK YOU for your beautiful detailed review, we are more than glad you have enjoyed your staying with us so much! :)
And who knows, ...maybe you want to come back, ...we would be more than glad to host you again... :)

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at the Raffaello Hotel for three nights this past June at the end of our week in Italy. This is a great place. When I walked into the beautiful and comfortable lobby, I was warmly and enthusiastically greeted by Elena and Massimo. I wanted to rate the Raffaello five stars right then and there. The rest of the stay only got better. This is a perfect hotel choice for Rome. The location is very convenient, as it is a short walk to many of the major sites, while other sites are a short taxi ride away. It's also close to the train station. The hotel has a warm and inviting lobby, and even has an espresso machine you can use whenever you wish. There's also a great breakfast spread provided to the guests. We had a double room for three people, including our adult daughter. It was perfect in every respect. Shortly before I arrived, Massimo called me to further confirm the reservation which i had made several months prior, and to make sure everything was in order. Massimo is a delightful person who was also very helpful throughout the rest of my stay. Thanks Massimo! And Elena is great!! She is an endless resource regarding anything you might wish to do in Rome. She is extraordinarily passionate and enthusiastic about doing anything and everything to ensure your stay in Rome and at the Raffaello is perfect. Elena was truly a pleasure to meet and talk with. I highly recommend you consult with her about anything you want to do in Rome, and she would be more than wiling to help you plan your itineraries in Rome before your arrival. I have never dealt with such a wonderful staff at any hotel in all my years of traveling. I would my classify my stay at the Raffaello as my best hotel experience ever. I wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else when I return to Rome.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark C

Dear Mark,

I am SPEECHLESS.... Wouldn't know what to say, almost embarassed by so many compliments. :)
Thank you for your enthusiasm and your kindness....Your review breaths freshness and elation, and this...is for us THE BEST thank you ever- it means we have done our "jobs" right...

For us, it is more than just a job- we are lucky enough to do what we most like: take care of people, and try to do our best in order for them to take the best, and the most...from their holiday in the Eternal City...

I wouldn't know what else to say, as you said it all...We would like to thank you not only for your wonderful review, but also for sharing us with the other Tripadvisor users, and...

We are really hoping you will give us the chance to host you again soon... :)
Have a wonderful and blessed summer! :)

Best regards,

Reviewed July 2, 2013

My granddaughter and I were taking a Mediterranean Cruise departing from Rome, so we got to Rome a few days early to see the city. Raffaello Hotel was the perfect place to stay. Upon arriving at the Rome airport at around 10:00 that night, there was a driver waiting inside to pick us up and take us to the hotel. This was a major help. When we got to the hotel, the concierge was very helpful and nice. The room met our expectations and was very clean. It had a small, but fancy shower, and a large bathroom. In the morning, breakfast was wonderful. We ate at the hotel in the morning, but there were many cafes and such around the hotel, also. The location was perfect, walking distance from the Colosseum and Termini Station. The staff was excellent, very helpful and informed. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Rome, and I would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Elena G, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Raffaello, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear Mrs. Helen R.,

First of all, thank you for having spent a little bit of your time writing about your experience at Raffaello... :)
We are honestly happy you have enjoyed your staying here so much.
We are here for you, our guests, ...and when we get feedbacks like yours we have the confirmation we are doing it right... :)
Services like the pick-up, or the concierge, ...are services we inform people about through mails, even before they arrive, if we do have their e-mail addresses- this way, we can already begin helping them, answering their questions, or start advising them about things concerning bookings, hotspots, schedules, or museums, or, like in your case, ...book them the pick-up service, such a confortable when you are tired! :)

But maybe I should stop here, before I say some things that are supposed to remain a surprise... :)
We wish you a wonderful summer...and thank you once again for your wonderful feedback.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

When one books on-line with only reviews and photos (which often can be photo-shopped!) one is often leery of the final results. What a delightful surprise to discover that not only is the Hotel Raffaello a lovely hotel but that the staff goes out of their way to be helpful and accommodating in every possible way. Elena (the concierge) is a jewel! The breakfasts are SUPERB in every way and the recommendations each day for dinner reservations were spot on since my husband and I do not like touristy restaurants but, rather, prefer the small local places with really great food.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Lily1012,

Thank you so much for your honest review, and for your wonderful words! :)

We are aware that booking online, without having had direct confrontation (with somebody known, who has been in the same place) might make feel one unsafe , or at least...unsure... That is why we have a lot of guests who come here after having been recommended to, by friends or family...

We are more than glad that you have enjoyed your time here with us so much, and...we hope to have the chance to host you again soon...

Until then,