“Grumpy rude staff”

Hotel Giorgi
Ranked #1,051 of 1,290 Hotels in Rome
“Grumpy rude staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Having read all the reviews on this hotel I agree that the rooms are small. It is a 3 star hotel so I wasn't expecting much from the hotel itself... You get what you pay for. What I disliked was the extreme rudeness from every staff member I encountered. Firstly, I had 2 very heavy suitcases and they could see I was struggling to carry them. Not once did they offer to help me with them. The keys constantly didn't work, and with no apology, giving me the impression I was a hassle for just wanting to get into my room. I asked the grumpy old men at reception for help with directions to a couple of places in Rome to get the response "I don't know!". I then asked about a tour I was booked into and how to use the phones here to call them to confirm. The response was "there's the phone, you ring them!" There are many more instances I could comment on, but I'll leave it there. Don't stay at this hotel, it ruined my experience in Rome.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
6 Thank Emma F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kristiansand, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

I was recently spending four nights in this hotel. If I go back to Rome I will not doubt, but book the same hotel again. The very best is the location. Less than two minutes walk from Termini, in a very quiet street. The hotel is rated as a three stars hotel. The price off season is valueable and the room was in a good size. The bathroom had plenty space, and the shower had hot water all time. TV and "minibar" in the room, a fast Wifi connection for my tablet and windows to the backyard made me satisfied. I did not test the breakfast but the staff told me I could buy for 5 Euro. This time I did the Italian way with "caffe e cornetto" in coffeebars. The reception was in 1.floor and my room was in 3.floor. The lift was new and without noises. When I arrived a friendly staff checked me in without problems. The lady who cleaned the rooms was also very kind, and when I checked out it was completed in two minutes. Next door to the hotel you will find a little bar were you can buy coffee and food. The Termini district offer also a wide range of restaurants, bars and coffee shops.Buses for Vatikan is outside the trainstation, and Coluseum is within a walking distance from this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Kokk
london uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

I went here in 2012. This is how a three star hotel should be like. Nice friendly staff. Good size rooms. Good shower room. Great breakfast, lots to choose from. Great location and quiet. Very close to termini and all the buses. Pay the extra and you wont go wrong.

Room Tip: There are no complaints about this hotel. It is great value for money.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank amrik1627
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 days. Location is great..close to termini and the metro(about 2 mins walk). Plenty of restaurant choices nearby. We were on the 1st floor and stayed in a suite as we are a family of four. The room was lovely; clean and spacious. I was expecting it to be small like most hotel rooms...at least this is my experience in Italy. The bathroom was nice and clean. My only gripe was that the jacuzzi tub could do with the jets being disinfected; although as I was only expecting a shower or normal bath, it wasn't an issue. We used the shower, which was fine. The sheets were spotless and the decor nice. The breakfast was nice and plenty of it. The tea was good, perfect to start the day with. The staff were friendly and helpful at all times. They always said hello, as did we, and they made the kids feel welcome. They were happy to keep our bags past checking out time. The wifi was free, although coverage was patchy, but it was a nice bonus. Price was reasonable and we would definitely recommend and stay there again. As with all cities you need to watch your valuables.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank niksven
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Position of hotel was excellent. Wherever you were in Rome, there was transport going to Termini which was nearby. Our room was fine and everywhere was very clean : there was also a lounge with computer and newspapers. Good breakfast which included savory as well as the inevitable sweet foods(not always the case) We did not find either the proprietor or his wife grumpy. In fact, the staff were very kind and friendly : one just needed to remember that they were human beings, not multi-lingual robots. Hotels occupying one floor of a large old building are not uncommon on the continent : as long as the lift functions satisfactorily, as this one did, what's the problem?
Should have no hesitation in returning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Glasgow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Having read several of the reviews after booking this hotel I was really worried about all the negative reviews. Either there has been a major change of management style or I landed in a different hotel.
The grumpy old man does not exist, if you speak to him in a mannerly style he reciprocates. The remainder of the staff were excellent and chatty. The hotel was clean and tidy. Rooms are small, granted, but every hotel I have stayed in in Italy has never been huge due to the properties they tend to be in.
Breakfast was lovely and everything you wanted in a continental breakfast was there.
For the price paid I thought it was brilliant value for money.
Brilliant location for anywhere in Rome, being 100 yards from the main train and bus stations.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Imscots2
Tbilisi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is the worse hotel I have ever been.
I advise NOT to visit this hotel. Nearby you can find better hotels and pay the same price.
This hotel more looks like motel than 3 star hotel. It is situated in the third floor of some building. rooms are too small, you can hardly put your luggage there. there is no place to move.
street is too noisy, service is the worst I have ever seen, rooms are not clean enough, bathroom was terrible - very small and dirty. personal (maybe owner) is very rood and unfriendly. He can scream at you and it is very usual behavior for him.
Horrible service. Breakfast is not tasty. they have the worst croissants in all Rome.They have very old coffee machine and toast maker.
I recommend everyone to go somewhere else not in hotel giorgi.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Irma M
rositina, Direttore at Hotel Giorgi, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for having spent some of your time to write a comment about your stay at our hotel.
We’ve read it carefully and first of all we would like to apologize for having failed in satisfying your expectations, still it is necessary to clear out some of the statements you have written in the review.
We gived room near your friends and the room are little bit small , but the bath room was big and clean , the lady of the cleaning rooms working here from many years and we know she works very well!,
We are very sorry of the inconvenience you have suffered and we do hope you will give us another chance to serve you; we’d like to show you our good faith and best effort!
Kind regards
Hotel Giorgi

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels