“Great Value and Friendly Staff”
Review of Hotel Giorgi

Hotel Giorgi
Ranked #1,064 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed April 13, 2011

When I couldn't extend my accommodation where I was staying, I checked into Hotel Giorgi for half the price that I was paying. The room was a lot smaller, but as I was on my own, I didn't mind. Very clean, tidy and cozy. Only five minutes to the train station and breakfast was even included.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed March 7, 2011

Pretty retro elevator that I have never seen in my life. Good staff can put your luggage during early morning arrival. The sensation of the door card is terrible, I have tried 10 times to open the door. One time the housekeeping forgot to put 2 packs of shampoo.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank wilsonjing
Reviewed August 31, 2010

booked this trip through easyjet first time to italy,it was a suprise birthday trip for my wife,i booked the millini hotel,when we arrived hotel had problems with rooms,they offered us a sister hotel across the road the giogri hotel at first we were sad but after looking into the hotel giogri staff were very freindly rooms large and very nice and the location was great, next to the terminal station so very handy to jump on city sight seeing bus the best way to see rome,best weekend break i have had thanks to all the staff that had all the right infomation ready to give out,would book again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Staff were extemely helpful - right from the moment we arrived until we checked out. There was always a friendly welcome as we walked through reception in the morning and on our return to the hotel. Very helpful with sightseeing tips.
Complimentary breakfast was very good - service in the breakfast room was again very good and there was always plenty of food.

The only concern with the room was the airconditioning - you had to ring reception to get it switched on and off and it was extremely noisy. This may not have been such a problem had we not arrived in Rome in the middle of a heatwave.
The bathroom was large and the shower had good water pressure, although it did take a while to adjust between hot and cold. We had no problems with the cleanliness of the room or bathroom.

Good location - easy access to trains, buses and metro station. In regards to previous reveiws regarding taxis to the airport: the staff very clearly explained to us that they could book a private car to the airport for $55 or call a taxi in the morning (you can't book taxis) which was cost about $45-50 dollars. We took the taxi option - it came immediately on calling anyway.
Would definitely recommend

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2010

The hotel room was big, clean, and comfortable. It is a little far from all of the sights and we had to use public transportation about 90% of the time. The staff was helpful in recommending places to eat and places to go. For the price paid for our stay this hotel was perfect.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2010

We stayed 4 nights when we first arrived in Rome at Giorgi Hotel and returned for a 5th at the end of our Italian holiday. Make no mistake this is a 3 star hotel and you get what you pay for but as far as 3 star hotels go it is good value. If you want more than 3 star then look else where. The rooms are a reasonable size along with the bathrooms. Location is convenient to the main Rome train station and buses. The breakfast is excellent and in general the staff are helpful. The down sides are the air conditioning is controlled by the front desk and the old guy who we called "Papa" who is on of an evening is barking mad! However "Papa" is easy enough to dodge if you don't engage him or make eye contact! All up I would stay here again as it is reasonably good value for money, especially if you are on a budget. For food if you are looking for something other than Italian food which we were after 1 month, try the Chinese around the corner. It looks a little dodgy but is excellent, great food, good service and very cheap prices!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I stayed with my wife for 5 nights during the month of July. After travelling around Europe for a month and having great hotels to stay in, Hotel Giorgi was a letdown. We expected it to only be an average stay being a 3 star hotel, but it was worse. The bathroom was dirty and the shower filled up with water as the shower hole was completely blocked with pubic hair and was disgusting. The floor was dirty and the lift was extremely hot when it was 37 degrees outside. There was a strange old guy at night who gave out handwritten directions and recommendations of things to in Rome. There was also a guy who didn't really speak English who was there during the day. When I asked him to confirm a tour, the owner of Hotel Giorgi abused him in front of me in Italian and was then not allowed to confirm the tour for me which was very rude. A very ordinary experience with terrible customer service.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Diablo1Adelaide
rositina, Direttore at Hotel Giorgi, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2010

Dear Sir,
I regret that the hotel was not to his liking,during the 5 days of stay could have communicated that the bathroom was dirty, (it also unlikely).
I am sorry that in July there were 40 degrees (it's summer) and the elevator was hot, but not depends on the hotel!!!!!
Our hotel can arrange tours, and staff is pleased to make confirmations for tours booked at the hotel, (we are not a travel agent)