“Great food & service”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Esquilino
Description: Typical Italian cuisine. Fresh fish every day, open lunch e dinner every day, adapted for romantic dinner.
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

I visited the restaurant for a birthday meal with my partner and had a great time. The food was lovely, the house red went down a treat and desert came with a candle and a rendition of happy birthday! Would definitely go again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,237)

Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

I had dinner tonight at La Taverna Italiana. If you have never had real spaghetti (fresh made) you are really missing out! I had the 4 cheese and black pepper spaghetti and it was great! The portion size was good too (I like to eat more than I should)! I debated whether to get a starter or salad and didn't - and I didn't need it.

On the menu it says bread is 1 euro/person. They brought the bread out, I didn't eat any and was not charged. I asked for tap water and they brought me a small pitcher of tap water.

For dessert I had the chocolate mousse. It was a fairly dense, and dark chocolate, and came with whipped cream. It was very tasty, especially with a coffee drink!

The service was friendly, and decidedly European. If you want something you need to ask for it. If you don't ask (i.e. for the bill) they assume that you don't need anything and are relaxing and chatting.

The restaurant is close to where I am staying and I will definitely go back. I saw a few other things on the menu that I need to try!

The price is good too. I had spaghetti, coke zero, chocolate mousse and a latte for 20 euros. Good food, good price, nice ambiance!!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Very tasty food and friendly staff. While you are waiting for a free table you are given a glass of wine and then when you get in the service is fast and always happy. The prices are reasonable but the only disadvantage is that the space is restricted.

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

I came to restaurant recommended by my hotel. Host was very friendly, as was young lady setting the table. But server- very rude. He was angry at me from the start. Maybe because I came as one? He did seem much friendly to larger groups, even of two.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

There is a lot to choose from, however we ordered a chicken breast which was tasteless and spaghetti which was alright. It's cheap compering to other places and also staff were very friendly.
Despite my poor experience with main course, the dessert (tiramisu) was one of the best I have tried.