“Not what other people are saying!”

Les Chambres d'Or Hotel
Ranked #1,109 of 1,270 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have been to many different hotels across Europe and the US and I am not picky at all but this hotel was awful! It's not even a hotel! It's an apartment building and the "hotel" are rooms that are sectioned off on one part of the building hallway. Literally, it's a hallway that has a private door and there are about 7 rooms which is the "hotel," and that's why the reception is across the street. My significant other and I were there for 4 days and I could barely shower because the shower head had NO pressure at all, the sink had more water pressure! The walls had mold everywhere, and the sheets on the beds were dirty and even ripped. I was so disappointed, I would NOT recommend it.
The only reason why I liked this hotel was because of the location. You are right in the center, minutes of a walk away from the Vatican!

(We also noticed the next day when the sheets were changed, whoever did it just flipped the sheets the other way around and I noticed this because I spilled a little bit of coffee on the sheet next to my head the night before and that part was on the bottom, turned the other way the next morning.)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Srbija29

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Very confusing checking in since front desk in different building than where room was. There needs to be signage to let guest know where to go when first arriving. Staff also works at restaurant next store which also makes things confusing and not sure who was who. Bathroom was smaller and dark with only one light bulb. Positive was they did give us the room we wanted since noticed a brighter room when walking to our original room on same floor. Room size was good for European hotel room and Internet worked well. Location is very good with Vatican only couple blocks away and train station very close as well.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask for an upgrade. They are very accommodating. Also go into the restaurant...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This Hotel was a disgrace. My room was dirty with exposed open wall sockets. The head board of the bed was for a queen and it had a full size bed. They took one of the bed side wall lamps down and covered it with a sign. We reserved rooms at the Vatican Garden Inn and when we arrived we walked four blocks away to his dump. My traveling companion couldn't take a shower becasue the drain was clogged. They did move her. The place is ran by a bunch of Vietnemese folks. Not what you would expect in Rome. What happened to the Romans.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank wayne H
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I arrived to the hotel in the morning and I was able to storage my luggage, till my room will be ready, at the reception desk which is across the building I stayed, in Rendez-vour rastaurant/bar.
For the guests there is 10% discount in that restaurant as well as it's the breakfast place in the morning.The hotel is located very short walk from the metro Ottaviano San Pietro and it's 8min walk to the St. Peter's Basilica and 5 min walk to the Vatican Museum. My room was very comfortable with tv and nice big bathroom, the bed was a little too soft and it made noise but I slept ok.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The staffs were very helpful and friendly. We had the Quadruple room on the 1st floor. It was spacious and quiet. Location is superb with many restaurants and convenience store around. It is a short 10 minutes’ walk to the Vatican. We also strolled to the Panteon and the Trevi fountain. The hotel also arranged for our shuttle from/to FCO airport.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel has a check-in desk associated with the Rendez-vous restaurant on Via Dei Gracchi 19, and rooms at various large buildings in the area. The reception was good, quick and efficient. My room was on the fourth floor of a building around the corner. I stayed two weeks. It was a good size room with attached bath, very quiet, except for one night with a noisy neighbor. Breakfast was always good: pastry, cereal, boiled eggs, ham and cheese, etc. It was a few minutes' walk from St Peter's and the Vatican Museums. At Piazza Risorgimento, one block away, one could catch the 81,32, 23, 492 buses and the 19 tram. It was easy to get around town. The SitBus from the airport stops at Piazza Cavour about 10 blocks east, so one can avoid going through Termeni.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 3, 2013

this hotel have an excellent ratio price quality, a proper wecoming, an excellent breakfast, situated perfectly (metro, vatican) and the rooms are in an old palace very nice, comfortable and with wifi. A very good moment.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo