“Can't beat location!”

Ranked #576 of 1,290 Hotels in Rome
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
“Can't beat location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is located right around the corner from the Spanish steps and on a street with some great little shops and restaurants. It's also perpendicular to Via di Corso, one of the main streets in Roma that leads to most of the attractions. I had a package delivered and the staff had no problem holding on to it for me. They also held our suitcases on our last day after we checked out so we could go to breakfast without carrying them with us. I would definitely return here again!

Side note: if you're facing the doors, the restaurant directly to your left is fantastic- the owner is adorable and loves to help you pick your meal. Gluten free pasta option as well!

Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

I'm a little sky-blu bunny glob trotter:
London and Paris , then Rome!

So I stay at Pensione Panda, in the heart of Rome: Via della Croce is just near Piazza di Spagna.
I found this little hotel many years ago.
It's tiny, clean and nice but also not expensive, and then -last but not least- it's SAFE!!!!

Infact I had a bad experience in a chip bad hotel in the heart of Paris ( see my last review about that) where I have been robbed of some clothes were locked up in my room in the closet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No assistance from the management (sure of the “absolute reliability” of own staff).
I have got nothing else that an invitation to report the matter to the police (ABSURD! being in Paris three days to see Eifel tower and Louvre and then spending a day at the police station.
This has been the worst experience in my traveller life.)
So I worried something alike also in Rome..
Instead in Rome there is this tiny and nice "Pensione Panda": it is perfect for me.
I know this place since many years and doesnt't never get me disappointed.
It's ok! Signed: Puni Puniglietto

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Puni P
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Very good location near the Spanish steps , Piazza del
Popolo and Villa Borghese.
My room was small and clean with a double bed ideal for a single traveller and shared bathroom is very small . I had a very quiet back bedroom . One thing is there is no lift and on the 2nd floor .
Excellent value for money .

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Willington, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

This is exactly what we were looking for; cheap clean room that slept two. We upgraded to have our own bathroom which in our opinion was well worth it. We didn't want to pay a lot for a room because we were in Rome, we wanted to spend our money and time out exploring the city. The location was perfect, short walk to the Spanish Steps and many great restaurants. The metro station is located next to the Spanish Steps which made traveling to all the city sites that much easier. Free Wi-Fi was great for looking up reviews of local restaurants and we even had a TV in the room which we weren't expecting. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom wasn't anything special but worked perfectly for what we needed. The only downfall was that breakfast was not included, but we just grabbed something from the café next door. Definitely will be staying here again and would recommend to anyone on a budget.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ben R
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

This was our second stay at the Panda (first was in 2010). The price was the highest we paid on our current trip (covering Rome, Barcelona, Paris, the Riviera, Bordeaux and Provence) but it was still only 108 Euros for a great hotel in the center of Rome. Even so, we still averaged $100 US per night for the month.
The Panda is in a great location; you can walk everywhere: Forum, Colosseum, Vatican, Travestre area, Spanish Steps, Pantheon and Trevi Fountain
There is an elevator but you need to go up a short flight to get to it and it still leaves you a short flight to the hotel entrance. So pack light, like you should. The stairs work fine if you don't like small elevators
Both trips we had rooms overlooking the street in front of the hotel. It is primarily a pedestrian street but cabs can get you to the hotel (or close enough). There is a little noise in the morning from the street cleaning, etc. but it's a small price to pay for being able to lean out the window and watch people walk, eat and mingle. Plus you could close the window, I guess. We like to keep them open to feel that we are a small part of the city.
The staff was excellent as always. They speak English and helped us get a car each time to take us to the cruise port.
We had room 31 (I think). It was great for the two of us plus it had a small loft up with a single bed that we used to store our luggage but would be great for a small family.

Room Tip: our room had a nice loft with a single bed in addition to the double bed. might have been room 31...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jerusalem
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Loved this hotel in a fantastic location. One minute from everything. It's true there are stairs but they are comfortable and there is a lift. Loved the quasi renaissance sculpture in the bathroom. Rooms a good size. Felt like discovering a terrific secret.

• Stayed November 2013
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

In the years I have been visiting Rome I have stayed at Hotel Panda three times. The only reason I have not stayed more often was that I was unable to get a room at the time I was going to be in Rome. As other reviewers have said, Panda is a buget hotel in the historic centre of Rome, close to the Spagna Metro and surrounded by bars, restaurants and markets in and around Piazza di Spagna. "Budget" does not mean the staff don't look after you - they do. Every time I have stayed there I have found the manager and the team welcoming, accommodating and helpful. The rooms are clean and well looked after. Panda is a hotel for the serious traveller looking for a quiet and comfortable space in this lively city. Short of something terrible happening, I will be staying at Panda on my next visit to Rome.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with bathroom facing the inner courtyard if you want a more quiet space.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple