Hotel Oceania
$383
$288
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
$146
$69
  • Free Internet
All reviewsrick stevesthird floorpastriestrain stationdelightful hotelsmall elevatorhighly recommend hotelwithin walking distancevia nazionalecoffee and juicetrevi fountainsafe neighborhoodspanish stepsconvenient locationhotel is locatedquiet streetstaff was very friendly and helpful
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We really enjoyed our week at this hotel and would highly recommend it. The hotel seems to have nice amenities and services you rarely see anywhere. It had a wonderful quirky little elevator, a terrace for guests to sit and use the internet or enjoy a bottle of wine after a long day. We loved that we were able to get bar refreshments from them throughout the day and that the desk was staffed 24/7. The rooms were very nicely furnished and decorated, clean and quiet. We really cannot find much at fault with the hotel at all but we did find that we would have liked to have wi-fi in our room, some kind of protein available at breakfast and my husband didn't care for the linen towels which he called "tablecloths." If you like terry cloth, pack your own.

Room Tip: Our room was as far away from the terrace as we could get and I would request a room away from the elevator/terrace area since people do tend to hang out there in the evenings and have a few drinks.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I agree with all the good reviews. The hotel is located in a safe area and very close to the train station, metro and within walking distance to the Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps. Hotel Oceania is a great hotel @ a great price (100 euros/night including breakfast and wifi). The staff is very friendly and quite helpful with restaurants and anything else you might need. Kyra recommended a restaurant by the name of Target right around the corner from the hotel. It was fabulous!

We travelled for 3 weeks across Europe and I wish we were able to find hotels like this one every where we stayed (low cost and quite charming). I loved the rolls they served at breakfast.

The only negative thing I have to say is the carpet needs to be cleaned.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The staff is friendly and accommodating! They went out of their way to help us. The hotel is located near the main train station (10 minute walk), so getting around the city is quite easy. Really happy about our choice.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room #1. I don't recommend it. It's literally right outside of the restaurant and the guest computer station. Noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Agree with all the good reviews. Metro station 1 blk, Termini 6 blks. 10 minute walk to the Trevi fountain and many good restaurants. Staff was invaluable for food and activity help. nice outside patio to sit and have a glass of wine (sold on-site), relax and plan the next day's activities. Very nice breakfast room, good coffee, breads and pasteries. Rooms very clean with good A/C. A good value for Rome prices.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Gordon505
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Hotel Oceania. The location is great, quiet but near the subway and bus transportation in a very safe location. The staff was very friendly, the rooms very clean--in August 2012 the air conditioning felt wonderful! Breakfast was typical of Italy--great coffee and chocolate. A lot of people mention the elevator. It's small but not that bad. The kids enjoyed the novelty of it, we just couldn't get all our luggage up at the same time, but it was not a big deal. The wifi worked in our room if you were near the window. We enjoyed the opera music that we heard in late afternoon. Even more important to me, several days after leaving I realized I lost my expensive Garmin running watch. I emailed the hotel and they told me they had found it and offered to mail it back to me (thank you, Anna). I received it when we returned home and was so grateful for the honest action of the staff. We will definitely stay there when we return to Rome.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family