“Close to colosseum, train station and metro”

Carlo Alberto House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1,085 of 3,764 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 20, 2011

My wife and I stayed at Carlo Alberto House for 7 days. Sal and Lisa are very nice and gave us a lot of information. Their english are very good. We had a private bathroom inside our room. Wi-fi worked very well. Breakfast was cereal, toast, cakes, orance juice, caffè espresso, apple and banana. The location of the B&B is really great. It's 3 blocks far from termini train station and few steps from the metro. Colosseo is 15 minutes walking and Santa Maria Maggiore (2nd largest church in Rome) is 2 minutes walking far from the B&B. The place was really quiet and we slept very well all the nights.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KleberSaoPaulo

Reviewed September 14, 2011

"All a traveler needs is a bed, four walls, a roof, and a shower to be happy." That's what we got. My wife and I stayed at Alberto House for 2 days. Sal and Lisa are very nice hosts and are very informative. The room was very clean, albeit smaller than all of the other places we stayed at. Breakfast was continental with a selection of items including cereal, a few croissants, and bread. No meat or eggs. There is also a very nice coffee/espresso machine as well. The elevator begins on the 2nd floor, and is good for 2 people max. Sal and Lisa recently took over this location and are looking to renovate during the slower seasons.

The big selling point for this B&B is its location, right near a Metro and near the 2nd largest church in Rome, St. Joseph's Basilica. I wouldn't mind staying there again.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We made the mistake of waiting to book our Rome accommodation early enough. So, we ended up with little options with the high season prices. Carlo Alberto House in general was nice and welcoming and did have all the necessary things for us. However, paying over 100 EUR per night I would've expected more.

The location is fine, not dodgy even though it's close to Termini. We had a large double room with a cute mezzanine. It looked a bit dated, but was comfortable enough. We had a private bathroom, but it was not connected to the room. No matter, as it was right next to it though.

Breakfast was usual, cereal, toast, cakes, etc. The owners were young and enthusiastic and very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank undome
Reviewed June 9, 2011

The greeting was very friendly and made me feel welcome and at ease. The room was clean and I had a great sleep so I'd say a comfortable bed! ... Had to leave the bedroom to go to the bathroom but both were private and next door to each other so no major inconvenience. Wi-fi worked well. I'd stay there again and the reviews left by others are highly credible.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank senjat
Reviewed March 22, 2011

This is a great place to stay and see Rome if you are on a budget. Its right at the metro and very close to the main bus routes and several major attractions.

The Staff were really friendly and helpful and it felt more like having an apartment than a B&B.

If I go back to Rome I'd certainly stay again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank jimbo77_10
Reviewed August 25, 2010

My experience in this B&B showed how powerful these internet reviews are. We arrived at the place to find a simple, old, not-too-well-maintained building. The B&B was one of the apartments. Normally this would have scared me off, but I trusted the reviews I read here and somehow knew everything would be alright. And it was, the place is really cozy, perfect location (you can almost touch the building and the metro entrance at the same time). Really feels like a home away from home.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank dermevalsenra
Reviewed July 4, 2010

The best way to describe this guesthouse is that it's like staying with a friend. It's a bit shabby, and could be better maintained, so definitely isn't for anyone who likes to stay in smart hotels. However, if you're looking for somewhere safe, clean and convenient for all the sites in Rome this is the place for you!

My room was very large, with a comfy bed. It was great to have a fridge in the room, and I really liked the kitchen area. There was 24 hour access to tap water, coffee and tea, as well as fruit and sweets. It was great to have breakfast included, although as I'd just come from the Globus Hotel in Florence, the breakfast here felt a bit inadequate - basically cakes, white bread toast and Frosties.

Things that could have been better: the breakfast, the ensuite bathroom (there was a damp ring on the ceiling, the grouting in the shower needed replacing and there was a really gross yellow-encrusted bit of lino under the toilet). The place had obviously been cleaned, it's just that some fixtures had gone beyond the point where cleaning would get rid of the engrained dirt. Also while it was great to be met by Mario when I arrived, I found it a bit odd that I didn't see any of the owners apart from then. However, these are minor complaints as I got a large room, ensuite bathroom, in-room fridge, free wi-fi, access to water and hot drinks and breakfast - all for 53 euros a night! I think that's unbeatable, and I'll definitely stay here again!

The guesthouse is quite hard to find, especially as I walked from Termini. Best tip: take the Metro to Vittorio Emmanuel, take the Via Carlo Alberto exit and it's right there at number 63. Look at the buzzers, and there's a little sign that says "Carlo Alberto house". Bring earplugs - Rome is noisy!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo