Hotel Margaret Rome
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed for five nights with a friend.

Pros: the hotel is located near the main tourist attractions. The price we paid was low and the staff friendly and helpful.

Cons: Te rooms are very small and noisy. The breakfast was rudimentary and of poor quality. Theoretically, our room was claened daily; however there was a lot of dust below the beds.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I came here time ago, I was travelling with friends and family. I chose the hotel because of the location. During the days we stayed the lady said that they won´t offer breakfast because they had some stuff to repair in the kitchen.

The place looks very old and not maintained. The rooms are dark, noisy and the shower room are very tiny! It takes quite a while to get hot water.The sheets looked old also and the bed was pretty uncomfortable. I was very ashamed with the people I came with because I was the one who selected this place.

The price is very high for what they really offer....I have seen cleaner hostels or posadas.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Lunita_desertica
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Stayed in Hotel Margaret for four nights on a short break to Rome with my partner and 12 year old son.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were basic but clean and comfortable and the beds were made up daily.
I was concerned that it might be noisy but didnt find it noisy at all.
It is close to Termini station and there is a metro stop nearby so it was easy to get to all the major sites in the center if you didnt feel like walking too far.
There was wifi available. The breakfast was okay but basic, just croissant, bread roll, jams, cornflakes, coco pops, fruit squash and a tea and coffee machine available to use.
Overall we enjoyed our stay and would stay again.

Room Tip: Be aware that some rooms dont have a private bathroom.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank AnyTipp
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I stayed here for four nights in July and the stay was amazing. The stay was very friendly and helpful with getting me a map of the Rome and showing me the best way to get to the places that I wanted to go. They also recommended good places to eat as well.

The price was not too bad either, I think I paid about 265 euros for the four night stay (Fri-Tue). The hotel was very well kept up. It also had a very good breakfast included.

The location is about 15 min north from the Termini station, the closest Metra stop is Repbblica, about 5 min southwest of the hotel.

I enjoyed my stay here. Also if you have the Rick Steve's guidebook, one of his recommended restaurants is right across the street. (This is also one of his recommended hotels!)

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Noregrets_10
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Found this hotel in a travel guide. The price was right but the description was less than stellar. Very pleasantly surprised by the experience! Had a room for five that suited my family's needs, the location was good, and the staff was exemplary in terms of helpfulness and tips.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family