All reviewstermini stationsmall fridge in the roomtop floorpastriescold meatsvisiting romemin walksmall hotelvatican cityluggagesupermarketbus
Reviewed October 16, 2017

As other reviewers have said, if you go with an open mind, realizing that hotels in Italy will be older and smaller, you will have a good stay. Bathrooms are small, bed was comfy, breakfast was heavy on pastries. We appreciated the espresso and capuccinos! There was also a small fridge in the room which was great to have!
There was a lot of noise from the street, so I had to close the windows, which don't have screens to keep out mosquitoes; we did get some bites. It was lovely to have breakfast on the roof with a view of Rome! The staff were helpful and it was convenient to catch a bus to Vatican City, as well as the Hop on Hop off tour buses, and the Termini. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the street. The elevator works well and was very handy!
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank Shandra W
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

Hotel Stella is comfortable and close to the majority of the attractions in Rome - or at least public transport if you would prefer. There's also a good supermarket nearby. Rooms are comfortable and quiet with good quality wifi. Breakfast was average, but that's okay, it was still alright. I would stay here again.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
2  Thank Victoria L
Reviewed September 10, 2017

Our family of 4 stayed here for 3 nights in August 2017. We walked an easy 5 min from the Termini station. Check in was easy and the lady who checked us in was so very helpful with dinner suggestions and directions. The first night our A/C did not work so the noise was quite loud from the street from the motor bikes and garbage trucks. We let them know the next day that is was not working and had a portable one in our room by the time we returned for the day. Awesome. (only wished we had told them sooner!) Continental breakfast was included, on the top floor with fabulous views, though you need to walk several floors to the top floor as the elevator only holds 2 people, I wasn't going to risk it! I would stay here again for a few nights. Good location, nice staff. Not luxurious by any stretch but for the price it was great. I would avoid the little shop down the street, we went there late our first night to get water. They charged us 10 Euros for 12 bottles of water. Found a little grocery store the next day that was just around the corner ( about a 2 min walk) great prices for getting water, wine, and a few little snacks for the room.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank PennyJMills
Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

I had arrived very early at 10 am and check in was not until 2 pm.
They have a luggage storage area and bathroom for guests to change and use the toilet till room was ready. While I was changing a room was finished and these lovely ladies gave it to me immediately I was so grateful . I have been traveling for 30 hrs now so exhausted couldn't sleep on the plane cause a baby was crying.
Then after I showered and jump into bed these ladies called in to say they found my wallet full of cash and credit cards. No one took it and they returned it to me all the cash there and credit cards.
These ladies exhibited excellent customer service I rarely get a room early while traveling when they finished early. And to top it off my wallet was return no cash or credit card missing was a test of their honesty and integrity.
I saw comments about the scary elevators ? What was that about ?
Have you been in any of the old elevators in Paris ? They are all the same .Such ignorance from such comments.
3things you want in Europe is an elevator and air condition or you will be uncomfortable and the internet works in the room not just the lobby area .They had all 3 working find. AC was the self remote worked very well!
The towels are very absorbent doesn't need to be thick it's summer here it's so hot and wipes all the water off. The comments I see are people who have never been to Southeast Asia . The towels in hot countries are thin on purpose. Bed is thin depends on what each person likes. All European hotels are small these people have never been to Paris ?
Plus you are not living there , you should be outside enjoying the country and eating and drinking !
These rooms are for my luggage not for me. Bathrooms have basic condiments bring your own if you want extra. The rooms are clean that's all that matters and it's old like Rome. It wasn't built yesterday and the old charm is what people need to realize instead of wanting everything modern and new .

Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
3  Thank Elisng
hotelstella, Owner at Hotel Stella, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2017

Thank you very much for your exhaustive comments. It is people like you that make our efforts worth to be. Thank you again and enjoy the world.

Reviewed August 24, 2017

My family and I stayed here in June for 3 nights to explore our first time in Rome!! We walked in with an open mind about hotels in Rome knowing that some can be small. The room was a good size for the 3 of us and bathroom was a bit small (we live in the USA and are used to big bathrooms). Location was ideal for us as we were abler to walk everywhere without much hassle and close to the train station. Breakfast was nice too.

Down fall of the hotel is the lack of maintenance of its rooms (worn out bathrooms and horrible beds/linens). My sister and I were very itchy and had bug bites after out second night. Please get new sheets and mattresses. Poor lighting as well in the room.
Would not stay here or recommend.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family