$157
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $181/night.

$235
$203
Hotel Raffaello(Rome)(Great Value!)
$86
$81
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of $132/night.

Hotel Adriano(Rome)(Great Value!)
Barocco Hotel(Rome)
$249
$243
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $279/night.

Hotel Colosseum(Rome)(Great Value!)
$103
$98
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $148/night.

Hotel Artemide(Rome)
$250
$197
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of $320/night.

$299
$283
Travelocity
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $349/night.

All reviewstermini stationsmall fridge in the roomtop floorpastriescold meatsvisiting romemin walksmall hotelvatican cityluggagesupermarketbus
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

Hotel Stella is comfortable and close to the majority of the attractions in Rome - or at least public transport if you would prefer. There's also a good supermarket nearby. Rooms are comfortable and quiet with good quality wifi. Breakfast was average, but that's okay, it was still alright. I would stay here again.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
2  Thank Victoria L
Reviewed September 10, 2017

Our family of 4 stayed here for 3 nights in August 2017. We walked an easy 5 min from the Termini station. Check in was easy and the lady who checked us in was so very helpful with dinner suggestions and directions. The first night our A/C did not work so the noise was quite loud from the street from the motor bikes and garbage trucks. We let them know the next day that is was not working and had a portable one in our room by the time we returned for the day. Awesome. (only wished we had told them sooner!) Continental breakfast was included, on the top floor with fabulous views, though you need to walk several floors to the top floor as the elevator only holds 2 people, I wasn't going to risk it! I would stay here again for a few nights. Good location, nice staff. Not luxurious by any stretch but for the price it was great. I would avoid the little shop down the street, we went there late our first night to get water. They charged us 10 Euros for 12 bottles of water. Found a little grocery store the next day that was just around the corner ( about a 2 min walk) great prices for getting water, wine, and a few little snacks for the room.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank PennyJMills
Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

I had arrived very early at 10 am and check in was not until 2 pm.
They have a luggage storage area and bathroom for guests to change and use the toilet till room was ready. While I was changing a room was finished and these lovely ladies gave it to me immediately I was so grateful . I have been traveling for 30 hrs now so exhausted couldn't sleep on the plane cause a baby was crying.
Then after I showered and jump into bed these ladies called in to say they found my wallet full of cash and credit cards. No one took it and they returned it to me all the cash there and credit cards.
These ladies exhibited excellent customer service I rarely get a room early while traveling when they finished early. And to top it off my wallet was return no cash or credit card missing was a test of their honesty and integrity.
I saw comments about the scary elevators ? What was that about ?
Have you been in any of the old elevators in Paris ? They are all the same .Such ignorance from such comments.
3things you want in Europe is an elevator and air condition or you will be uncomfortable and the internet works in the room not just the lobby area .They had all 3 working find. AC was the self remote worked very well!
The towels are very absorbent doesn't need to be thick it's summer here it's so hot and wipes all the water off. The comments I see are people who have never been to Southeast Asia . The towels in hot countries are thin on purpose. Bed is thin depends on what each person likes. All European hotels are small these people have never been to Paris ?
Plus you are not living there , you should be outside enjoying the country and eating and drinking !
These rooms are for my luggage not for me. Bathrooms have basic condiments bring your own if you want extra. The rooms are clean that's all that matters and it's old like Rome. It wasn't built yesterday and the old charm is what people need to realize instead of wanting everything modern and new .

Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
3  Thank Elisng
hotelstella, Owner at Hotel Stella, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2017

Thank you very much for your exhaustive comments. It is people like you that make our efforts worth to be. Thank you again and enjoy the world.

Reviewed August 24, 2017

My family and I stayed here in June for 3 nights to explore our first time in Rome!! We walked in with an open mind about hotels in Rome knowing that some can be small. The room was a good size for the 3 of us and bathroom was a bit small (we live in the USA and are used to big bathrooms). Location was ideal for us as we were abler to walk everywhere without much hassle and close to the train station. Breakfast was nice too.

Down fall of the hotel is the lack of maintenance of its rooms (worn out bathrooms and horrible beds/linens). My sister and I were very itchy and had bug bites after out second night. Please get new sheets and mattresses. Poor lighting as well in the room.
Would not stay here or recommend.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank LuisCom628
Reviewed July 24, 2017

I've stayed in Hotel Stella several times, the first time being 17 years ago on my first trip to Rome. The location is excellent- a 5 minute walk from the train station with a grocery store, pharmacy and restaurants all around. You can catch the bus or metro to anywhere in the city at the station and there is a taxi stand right around the corner from the hotel. The staff here are very nice. Sanda, especially, is wonderful. She will go out of her way to help. I had some issues with the first room I was given and she helped resolve things to make the rest of my stay comfortable. The single rooms are small but have everything you need. The shower is a bit difficult- it has plastic walls on 2 sides and the rest of the open area is covered by a small shower curtain which makes it hard to keep the water inside. Also, most hotels I stay at in Italy have a detached shower head that makes it easier to control the water. This shower did not, which would have helped keep the water inside the shower. I would suggest replacing the shower doors so that they enclose the showers completely. I'm not sure if this is the case in all rooms, but in the 2 rooms I was in, it was. There is an elevator which is very useful, but know that it doesn't go up to the 6th floor where breakfast is served. Breakfast is basic, but fine. The woman in charge is lovely and serves coffee or cappuccino. There is a plate with meat and cheese slices, rolls, pastries, 2 kinds of cereal, juice and milk. Not as plentiful as some places I've stayed at, but more than others. The wifi is free and fast and the air conditioning is self-controlled in the room (important in the summer heat of Rome!!). Overall, this is a good value for the money in a safe, convenient location, which is why I continue to stay here when I visit Rome.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo