All reviewstermini stationsmall fridge in the roomtop floorpastriescold meatsvisiting romemin walksmall hotelvatican cityluggagesupermarketbus
Reviewed July 7, 2017

My wife and I just needed to stay one night in Rome, so we found this hotel which was really close to the Train station, the price we got through the Hotels app was really good. Like most of the 3 starts hotels in Rome, it shares the building with other businesses. The night we arrived the elevator was broken, but the receptionist gave us a room on the 2nd floor so we didn't have to worry carrying our luggage many floors. The room was big, very clean, the internet was good and the breakfast was more like a continental breakfast. I would recommend it if you plan to stay for a few days and want something at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Jesus S
Reviewed July 4, 2017

I had a single room; adequate and as expected not loads of room in the bathroom. Clean with air-conditioning. The atmosphere of the hotel was special, all from the ancient wire-doored lift, to the sweeping marble staircase and the great view from the breakfast room. The Metro (as well as train station for regional trains) was just around the corner. Restaurants and cafes are though a good 5 minutes walk away, something to think about if your travelling alone and wish to eat in the evening.

Room Tip: Choice something away from the Castelfidaro street.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo
6  Thank Robyn V
Reviewed June 26, 2017

I had a single room with my tour group in June 2017, and ended up with a room with 4 beds and not a lot of space. The hotel is obviously made for tour groups and expects to put several people per room, and waives a lot of regular amenities in stead. The bath was clean but oddly angled so that you could not fully sit on the toilet, still unsure why they invest in bidets and try to cram it all in there. The furniture had pieces torn off of it and was redolent of a college dorm for some reason. The breakfast was made to be as uninviting as possible and the wait staff got angry at me for flagging her down for a coffee. The only plus- the upstairs breakfast patio and the front desk staff - both are a breath of fresh air. Wifi in rooms, clean-ish rooms (lots of hair for some reason) and a quiet place to sleep.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Meg S
Reviewed June 10, 2017

New air conditioning being installed. Great location - close to Termini and loads of local restaurants. Bus routes/metro lines nearby. Reception staff we met were excellent English speakers and very helpful. Nice breakfast served on 6th floor with outside seating and great views over the city. Rooms adequate in size with comfy bed and fridge.For a budget and sheer value for money this is difficult to beat

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
11  Thank john h
Reviewed June 7, 2017 via mobile

I was with a tour group of 16
This was my first time to Europe and Hotel Stella was fine. It was fairly clean and and as up to date as if could be for its age , However I discovered I have been extremely spoiled by Canadian And American styles of hotel...

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends