“Great Location, Decent Rooms”
Review of Hotel Stella

Hotel Stella
Ranked #766 of 1,259 Hotels in Rome
Miami, Florida
“Great Location, Decent Rooms”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Location is very close to Roma Termini Train station. That's a bug plus.
Hotel has lift to carry your luggage to your floor which is a plus in Italy.
Rooms and the bathrooms were clean.
The breakfast was good if not great and it is served on the 6th floor terrace which is kind of nice.

The staff were kind of helpful. They don't smile at all and I felt that they just answer you and try to help you just because they work there and they may have to and not because they want to help a tourist heartfully. Nevertheless, they kept our lugagge at the baggage store. Helped me make a call to my next destination hotel.

The internet did not work on the first day of our stay. I was on the first floor and moved to the fifth floor the next day. I had some work to do on the first day and I couldn't connect from my room and I had to come to the lobby and do my work which was very inconvenient with people going in and out. They mentioned that they are repairing something on the first floor and I have my doubts if that's the case or if it never works in the first floor. I wanted them to keep my bags for an extra day and they said I have to pay for it. It was about 10 euros. I asked if they can atleast waive that as a courtesy for the inconvenience they caused me with the internet not working. But they said No. I guess Customer service is different in different places!!

Overall for the location and the price and the decent rooms and the decent breakfast, I feel you can try this. The lift is a huge plus to carry your luggage.

Room Tip: If internet is important for you, avoid going to the first floor as the internet doesn't work in...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night in September and found the location to be great, with some lovely restaurants close by. Luckily we were only on the first floor as I wouldn't have wanted to use the old fashioned lift!

ON arrival into our room we noticed a bulb that was out, the housekeeper must have overheard and said she would immediately change it. The room was very spacious, with free WIFI. You did have to request the air con to be turned on at reception which I thought was a little odd and the beds were quite hard!

Although their was no view from our window we actually preferred this as we knew we wouldn't have any trouble from any outside noise. The room and bathroom were a little dated but were very spacious and I would most defiantly stay here again.

Also, their is a side room to store luggage which we found very useful as we weren't being collected until 5pm so we could go and enjoy the day without having to take our luggage with us.

Breakfast was ok, nothing special......eating on the outside terrace was lovely in the morning sunshine.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Me and my partner stayed here for three nights in September. Great location! Rome centre, not far to walk from transport, plenty of restaurant's!
The hotel was clean and simple, not amazing rooms. But we were literally in the room to sleep, as there is so much to do in Rome! Great price to say its in the centre! Reception staff were friendly enough. Breakfast was not amazing as there wasn't much choice, but that is just a personal opinion! All in all good hotel for a weekend city break!

• Stayed September 2013
Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 4, 2013

You might be thinking why I have entitled my article 'excellent value for money' when I have only given the hotel three stars. Well this is why. Hotel Stella is clean, very well price and in a good location to explore Rome, it feels more like an apartment block than a hotel which will suit some, not others. We stayed in a quadruple room and whilst it was slightly dated, the bathroom was new and clean which was pleasing to see. There is nothing luxurious about this hotel, the bath towels resemble slightly enlarged teatowels, the mattress does not come with a layer of memory foam but for the price what can one expect! The breakfast is quaintly presented on the top floor with a nice view of the rooftops around the area.
Having been to Rome only once before i sent a few questions upfront to the reception desk by email and i was always in receipt of a very helpful and thoughtful response so i was looking forward to meeting the people that worked there. As i presume you will all agree travelling is largely memorable for the kind faces one comes upon on the journey. I was sadly surprised to find rather a cold unfriendly welcome by the person at reception which remained for most of our stay. Any question was met with a sigh of annoyance and an informative response was hardly ever forthcoming. Throughout the rest of our time in Italy we met such fabulous friendly people it was a shame that hotel stella did not offer us the same experience. On check out there was a more mature lady on the front desk who seemed perfectly pleasant and warm, wishing us a good holiday as we departed.
So overall I think it is worth the money if you are on a budget you will find the price hard to beat but do your research upfront and don't depend on a concierge service!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SandalwoodAvenue
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 3, 2013

While this hotel is conveniently located near the train station it is a 2 star hotel at best. Everything in this hotel is antiquated from floor to ceiling. The staff was very unfriendly and the lift was a very old cage style lift that didn't work during a rain storm. Thank goodness my room was only on the second floor. The continental breakfast was okay but didn't offer much at all. The positive aspect of this hotel is that breakfast is served up on the sixth floor and has outdoor seating to enjoy the cool crisp morning air.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for three nights, good clean room only hot water not to hot in sink but nice hot shower, breakfast was sat on a lovely 6th floor roof top terrace. Good location easy walking for most sights, metro easy to use, very good all round. Rome fabulous.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This hotel's best feature is its location. Hotel Stella is a short walk from Metro, bus and rail termini. It is very small, clean and adequate. I have stayed in nicer 3 star hotels but, really, most of us just want a room to shower and sleep in while in Rome. The continental breakfast was adequate and the staff were friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo