“Wonderful place to stay”
Review of Hotel Fellini

Hotel Fellini
Ranked #152 of 1,273 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We spent just two days in Rome which were fabulous in this hotel. The staff is helpful and courteous and provided us with excellent recommendations for restaurants. The room was lovely, beautifully decorated, clean, and fresh. The breakfast which was served just two doors away from the front of the hotel, was quite good. I would recommend this establishment without hesitation.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

We went to Rome for a wonderful weekend to celebrate my birthday and to my delight the hotel had left a small bottle of champers with 2 flutes accompanied by a lovely letter sending birthday wishes. It was such a fab touch and I was very impressed with the attention to details, it is those little touches that bring a smile. The hotel is brilliantly situated, although its in a side road, its far away enough to be away from the hoardes of tourists yet only takes 5 mins to walk to the Trevi fountain. Rooms are decorated very nicely and the colour scheme very tasteful indeed. Bed was comfortable. Shower excellent. Staff attentive and friendly. Breakfast is served in the next door building, its a small and quaint looking cafe come music shop and the staff in there are on the go constantly yet nothing is too much trouble and they appeared very happy in their work. Breakfast consisted of couple choices of cereal, then bread, croissants, ham, cheese and hard boiled eggs. Fruit in a large bowl too. Typical continental really. Transport links were very good, however, we mostly walked everywhere so as to not miss all those lovely little alleyways etc. Spanish Steps is an easy walk from the hotel too. We walked to the Colleseum from there too but that probably took around 40 mins, mind you, I did stop to take lots of pics enroute! There are lots of restaurants near the hotel and are all in the touristy strip, however, the 1st one on the corner is called Thats Amore and we loved it in there..food, staff, service and prices all very good indeed, unlike others we unfortunately got lured into by their waiters! All in all, thoroughly recommend this hotel and if I got the pleasure of revisiting Rome, I did throw a coin in the fountain in a bid to ensure my return, I would gladly stay at the Fellini again.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank itswizz
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Just back from a dream trip to Rome and have to say we couldnt have picked a better place to stay. Lovely room, pleasantly decorated and very clean. A good buffet breakfast (next door) and extremely helpful and obliging staff, for whom it seems nothing is too much trouble.

It was perfectly placed for tourist attractions such as the Trevi Fountain and The Spanish Steps with much more within walking distance or a short metro ride away. The street leading down to the fountain was full of great eateries to suit every pocket with set menus on offer as well as a la carte. Lots of little shops from delis, through to handbag, toy and souvenir outlets, fresh fruit stalls and ice cream parlours. A pub just around the corner and even a Spar that outshone any of its counterparts in the UK!

If I had to make any suggestions for improvements, or coment on things visitors might want to be aware of it would be that to access the bijou lift (only fits two people) you first have to climb a flight of stairs, and that it would have been nice to have had tea/coffee making facilities, or availability in the rooms; but this was a small price to pay for a very good all round Hotel, where the staff were so approachable.

If I go to Rome again (I threw my coin in the Trevi Fountain!) I would definitiely book with the Felinni Hotel

Elaine. UK

Room Tip: As suggested in other reviews, ask for a quieter room away from the road tunnel. Ask for an ensuite...
3  Thank EML50
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have just returned from a week in Rome and I cannot believe how lucky we were to stay at this perfect hotel when you consider just how many others there are to choose from. I would award it 10 out of 10 for everything: our clean room with comfy bed, bathroom facilities, easy- to- understand- and- use shower with plenty of warm towels and other extras, as well as the breakfast, dear little roof-terrace and helpful, friendly personnel. As well as being close to the Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps, we were also close to just about everything else that we wanted to see as well, and had an overwhelming choice of cafes, restaurants and even a "Spar" supermarket across the road. It was situated in a little side street and this meant that it was quiet, but, cross the main road, just a stone's throw away, and you are right back in the hubub of the city again-PERFECT! If I was ever lucky enough to go to Rome again I would definitely choose this hotel.

Room Tip: We had room 201. This was situated on the second floor meaning that we could walk up the stairs rath...
1  Thank mariasmout
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The Fellini Hotel is located on a narrow street and very close to the Trevi Fountain. It is also a short walk to a Metro Station and a pick up/drop off point for the city bus tours. It is a very clean hotel and the 1-bedroomed apartment on the 5th floor is highly recommended. A good quality self-service breakfast is available in a separate building 2 doors up from the hotel. The staff are very helpful and offer some good tips to help maximise your enjoyment of the city. I will stay here again when I return.

Room Tip: The 1-bedroomed apartment on the 5th floor offers good value and is very well presented.
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The hotel is excellently located near Trevi Fountain and not too far from baberini Metro station. It is also a very short walk to The Spanish Steps. I came here with my husband for our Anniversary weekend and booked the apartment. The room was beautiful, clean and worth every penny. Very comfortable bad! - Our room was much bigger than what we have had in more expensive hotels in our previous visits to Rome!

The staff at Hotel Fellini are very friendly and helpful. Any information we requested including train times and where to drink later in the evening was given. I'd like to specifically mention the night porter Mahini who was very helpful.
Looking at previous reviews I honestly do not know how people could say the staff are cold and unhelpful, as always unless you ask for advice how will they know to give it to you?!

The breakfast is very basic and at the restaurant next door, although more than adequate and the staff in the restaurant are very friendly.

I would highly recommend this hotel as a good base in Rome. It is cheap, affordable and perfectly located.

1  Thank EmilouD
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Perfect location next to the Trevi Fountain and not far from the metro station, clean rooms with newly furnished bathrooms and reasonably quiet. Breakfast was decent too. Great place to stay if you want to experience Rome!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple