“Thanks giving..”

Hotel Positano
Ranked #1,133 of 1,258 Hotels in Rome
“Thanks giving..”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Yah! I do a comment of my staying at Hotel Positano n of its nice location, fresh air surroundings, well house management of ins & out, kind manner and 24 h of service, free wifi thoroughly I enjoyed my staying in the historic Rome. Free maps and a short brief at checked-in made me cool nd easier to move around the city, yah! Price was comparatively cheaper as much as I find, of-course I get it again whether I come to this beautiful Rome, thanks Hotel Positano

Ripan, Poland

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The service & atmosphere were wonderful! The location was perfect. ..near the Termini & several nice restaurants and shopping. The staff was particularly helpful with directions.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I have been 3 nights to this hotel and i found a big room cleaned and with lcd tv and free wifi.
The location is perfect because it is very closed to the main train station and to the metro.
Centre of rome is very near and personnel of reception was very kind with me ,
particularly a nice blond girl.
Price was very cheap comparing with the level of the hotel.
Maybe i was lucky but i do not agree with all the people was complaining.

Room Tip: Ask room at the ground level if possible, this floor is well restaured with good wifi
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Sandro D
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Great location! 5 minutes walking distance from the Termini station. Very friendly and attentive staff, clean rooms - perfect hotel for those who are looking for cheap and clean room for a few days in Rome :) Good value for money!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Magdalena K
Sundsvall, Sweden
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed at this place with two friends for four nights. We came here late on a sunday night. The old man in the reception was quite friendly but he tried to charge us double city tax. I don't know if it was a simple calculation mistake or if he actually meant it.

Our room, #107, was in the front of the building. The door felt half broken and sometimes I was not sure if it would work or not. The room, a five-bed mixed dorm, was like a prison cell. Just five beds, a table and a chair. Very sparse. Since the room was close to the street it was quite noisy, even late into the night. The room was clean but the toilets could have been a lot cleaner. Some mould in the shower and on the floor.

They had wi-fi but it was working very poorly. We had bad signal in our room even though it was quite close to the reception and sometimes it just didn't work at all, even if you went down to the reception.

Pros:
- Cheap!
- Good location, only about five minutes from Termini station
- Clean rooms

Cons:
- Be aware of the city tax!
- Some power plugs in the rooms are not working
- Too few power plugs
- Prison cell rooms
- Filthy bathrooms
- Noisy late in the night
- No character
- No lockers in the dorms

Would I stay here again? Yes, probably. It's so cheap and it's so close to Termini. Hotel Positano is not the best place but remember you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back of the hotel, further away from the street. Room #107 is just by the s...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
California, United States
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had booking with ConteHouse, but they moved us to this cheap hotel.The customer service is so bad, we even spoke to the boss because we originally have breakfast included in our booking. And he was rude. There are no wifi in rooms (only in the lobby). Everything is old and even my room door was hard to open. Terrible experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Gary G

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

Redruth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Having read these reviews before I travelled, I was rather dubious about what I was going to experience. However, I was rather surprised!

We stayed up in the hotel section on the fourth floor, in which our room featured beds that were surprisingly comfortable, air conditioning, mini fridge and tv, all of which were functioning well. The en-suite bathroom was a little on the old side, but nothing that was not to be expected from an older building. (Hence the run-down look). We had the same issue with the shower switching from hot to cold at random intervals, however, after a little trial and error we managed to get it at a stable temperature.

As for the lift, from an architecture students point of view, it was fantastic. Yes, it was small (It does say on the pannel in the interior that it for a maximum of 2 people) , but you have to take into account that it is an original part of the building, and works perfectly, as well as looking fantastic!

The staff were very friendly, and kindly looked after our bags after we checked out for the evenings flight, and the room and linen were cleaned and replaced daily. It is also as many have said, located in a central point in the city, and only a 5 minute walk from the train station, metro and bus transfer stations.

So overall, I was very impressed, despite the bad reviews. I would just ensure that you book for the hotel section rather than the hostel section for the better facilities, but other than that, I found my stay an enjoyable one.

So take some of the bad reviews with a pinch of salt, this really isn't a bad hotel!

Room Tip: The hotel rooms will be of alot better quality than the hostel section.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends