“Great & Friendly Staff”
Review of Notti a Roma B&B

Notti a Roma B&B
Ranked #979 of 3,782 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Great little B&B... interesting little place, fantastic location, wonder staff... were super friendly and very helpful!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed November 19, 2011

Good price,great location,friendly staff!If i visit rome again i would love to stay there again.
We were a group of 5 people nad we felt like home.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Firstly I want to say that this B&B is great value for money and for that I would give it 5 stars all the way

Staff very helpful
location Excellent
noise level - ok but not dead quiet, if you are a light sleeper take ear plugs!

Problem area's - Hope your reading this notti Roma!!.. Get your cleaner to actually clean the bathrooms!
on the surface every where is clean but if you look there is black mould in the shower area, the cleaner really needs to give it a good going over with the bleach!
I think a lazy cleaner is letting you down..

The bed sheet's although clean had marks on them, I am fussy so I checked it all closely!
Our bed was very comfy and we had a good nights sleep in them

The room size was ok, bathroom size is ok, but I have mobility issues and found the shower hard to get in and out of, infact the first day I slipped, even with my husbands assistance.
The room was dark but I went to my room to shower and sleep so it made no difference!

Breakfast - okay but boring, more fruit and cereal choices would be good but saying that I had a good breakfast every day and there was plenty just dull.

Rome was a brilliant short mini break for us, everything in walking distance, the Metro just down the road took us for 1 euro to the Vatican city, all easy..

Couple of hints for Rome travellers

-Use Terravision for your airport transfers - very easy and cheap
-Pick pockets and theft is rife, travel light and keep constant guard
-If you have a disabled blue badge you can get into pretty much all the places for free including one other person.
- There is a Spar a couple of yards from this hotel and a mc Donalds - Mc D's do great coffee for a euro!
- Invest in a good map / guide as the signage is poor
- check opening times as places have odd shutting times, we did this all on the internet before leaving.
- book via bookings.com as going direct you don't get discount
- Also check prices before sitting down for coffee, the difference can be 3 times more exspensive.
- Don't expect a big sign saying notti roma, it's just a tiny brass plaque

I would recommend this hotel to a friend and I would go back.

Room Tip: Note. When we arrived we was put off when we was told that we was staying in another area to recepti...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gorwydd
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Centrally located and within walking distances to all the historic places,eating places and shops. Room was just adequate and shower pressure not that great. Great value as staff friendly and helpful, recommending cheap places to eat, like the Antica Boheme which we ended up going for the rest of our trip. We felt safe and enjoy the quiet surroundings

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cherie L
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Great location. It is within walking distance of Termini Station and only 2 blocks from the subway. There are plenty of places to eat and shop in the immediate vicinity. History is right outside the door.

The rooms had a rustic feel but had modern ammenities. We needed 4 keys to get into (and out of) our room so it felt very safe. The wireless internet was free but we were unable to access it from our room. I was able to connect from the breakfast room.

The one area we thought it was lacking was breakfast. It mostly consisted of packaged little sweets and cheap juice. There was nothing hot out of the oven or anything like that. The only things that were good were the apples and the yogurt.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Genius, this hotel was the best, the staff were amazing and polite and friendly, the breakfast was amazing, they let you take what you want so I ate loads. I really have not got a bad thing to say. they put us in an ok room for the first night, but then moved us on the best room ever on the next nights, it was 5 star in standard. Also the kind man that worked there recommended a really nice pizza place called Pizza Ré, true genius. I will always go back here and I could not fault it. I would say that this is the best hotel ever and I loved it and the people that work there.

I had the good fortune to meet the owner of the hotel, Maestro, he was a genius and was so very friendly. Thank you!

Room Tip: Be friendly and they will be nice back
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2011

You will like this place IF you are drawn to older architecture, complete with 'lifts' (elevators) with caged and hinged doors; you are content with coffee-toast & Jam--yoghurt--and a piece of fruit for breakfast; you value the strength of the shower stream over the decor of the shower enclosure; you value the comfort of the bed over the age of the bedspread; you appreciate warmth and good-natured helpfulness of the owners (and their good English) enough to forgive their provision of shampoo in packets and small tablets of soap; you treasure fast, free internet and good bedside reading lights over most other amenities; you appreciate a nice central location and don't mind mis-matched tile patterns.
However, if you need eggs for breakfast or spiffy Holiday Inn decorative themes or shampoo provided in bottles or vials you will go away disappointed.
We LOVED this place and will come back when we're next in Rome. Our room was quiet, clean, and most safe. (It takes 4 keys to get to it--two for downstairs entrances, one for the hallway, and one for the room itself. These are REAL keys--one 2 inches long or so--not keycards. ) The desk staff are all part of the same family and are extremely helpful. Location is quite central -- close to train and metro stations, and many sights are in walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple