“When will it be morning already?”
Review of Villa Morgagni

Villa Morgagni
Ranked #374 of 1,270 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Let's start with the good:
- close to the metro
- decent price

But there are rather more negatives:
- I checked in a few hours ago and was given the room next to reception. I asked for a different room, as I didn't want to hear endless discussions, but was told they were booked solid. Thus far, the receptionist has had several loud conversations, and I can hear the bar closing up. No idea what it'll be like overnight, but I'm pleased it's only for a single night.
- internet: there isn't any. Or, rather, there is an hour. The receptionist said she'd give me more when issuing it, as I was unhappy with the room, and proceeded to give me... a single hour. So that's what I was entitled to, then.
- the staff. When you're dealing with someone, it's polite to finish dealing with them before deciding to have a phone conversation.
- the room. There is a seat by the desk that i assume people have used to seat their suitcases, as the wall behind it is very badly scuffed. The bed is narrow and I assume this room is meant for 1 person as 2 cannot fit on the bed. The bathroom is dated, the shower cubile doesn't look particularly well assembled. At some point the flush must have stopped working on the toilet as a second flush had to be installed by the sink - that took a few minutes to find.

I haven't tasted breakfast yet, so I hope it is one of the good poonts of this hotel. But based on what I have experienced thus far, I wouldn't stay here again.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The room was nice (although not large), but very clean, and staff was very friendly and helpful! It has quaint European charm.

It's not located right in the center ot town, but there is a train station right nearbye so it's fairly acessible. All in all I would recommend this hotel.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I liked the hotel it was nicely decorated and the staff were friendly and helpful. Major problem was our room was tiny.

The bed was so small I actually rung reception and asked if they had put us in a single by accident! The bathroom was so small there was no bathtub. We couldn't even open the cupboard door as it would hit the bed. We looked into one of the other rooms as we checked out and it looked much bigger. No table, no sofa, no lights, one small chair next to the door. No where to put our suitcase! Don't go here if you book it discounted on a website they will throw you in a cuboard and tell you its your room. Albeit a well decorated cuboard.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank matt g
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Nice and cozy hotel. Our room was very nice, with bubble bath, air-condition and a big terrace. It looked clean and new, but in the old italian style. We really loved the room, and it was so good to relax on the terrace after a long day in the city. The hotel is located off the main road, so there is no noise. We also enjoyed the breakfast terrace on the roof top. It was very warm outside, so it was nice to sit up there in the shadow with a bit of wind. Breakfast was ok. The area around the hotel is boring, no restaurants, only a supermarket across the road. But it is only 2 minutes to walk to the metro, and just a couple stops away from the city centre. You get only one hour free internet both in room and reception. We will also recommend the hotel-airport transfer. We payed 60 euro for 3 people, just a bit more than the train+metro costs, and soo much more comfortable to be driven from door to door in an air-conditioned mercedes! We did not have time to try the sauna.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

In August, we spent three days at the hotel Villa Morgagni. The hotel is very conveniently located close to the metro station Policlinio. Nice rooms, good beds and a very quiet location for Rome. We also enjoyed the breakfast. One of the hotel managers helped us organize a dinner in a near-by restaurant - which was a perfect recommendation. Good value for money. If you don't mind taking the metro to the top highlights and for eating out in the evening, this is a perfect hotel for a city trip to Rome.

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very close to public transportation. Also close to downtown. The hotel is a little bit small. However the breackfast is free and great. It include some pastries, croissant, fresh fruits, and some usual stuff. It recommend this place if you prefer goin to explore rome by riding a public transport. There is also a chinese restaurant like 3 blocks away close to mcdonalds just in case you got bored eating pasta and pizza.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank frequent_traveler_x
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This is the second time I stayed at this hotel having come 7 years ago, and it's still the same FANTASTIC !!!!!, great value for money, your close to transport, across the road is a supermarket, and also a great pizza bar and place for lunch with so many varieties of foods better than most restaurants in central Rome and half the price. Same can be said for the the hotel itself half the price and for the sake of 10 min cab ride and 10 dollar cab you save so much on hotels and be in very quite place 4 star which is justified also. 2 other important points, the the breakfast is by far the best in Italy I had having stayed at 12 places on 4 star across Italy, all fresh with an abundance of quality and extremely friendly lady serving who was was prompt with service, mostly importantly what made me come back and will make me come back in the future the staff, all so friendly and helpful the organised day trips have contacts with taxi and tour guides and know Rome well, nothing was too much trouble for them,

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family