“Concierge made the experience.”
Review of Tempio Di Pallade

Tempio Di Pallade
Ranked #1,085 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I was surprised to read some of the horror stories about the hotel here, as our experience was quite satisfactory.
First I would like to say that I rate the hotel at 3/5, however I am adding an extra 1 purely for the wonderful concierge, Alex. He was immensly helpful, friendly, entertaining, and just a real character all in all. He is also an archeologist. I particularly enjoyed him waving a hand, and saying, "Michaelangelo was an amateur."
The good: Alex, low cost, proximity to Manzoni Stazione, nearby restaurants, very clean, satisfactory breakfast, helpful staff.
I injured my ankle after exploring Ostia Antica, and the staff were all too happy to get some ice for me to apply, and also supplied us with an adaptor to charge our phones with. I'm not sure why people are saying the breakfast rolls were "stale"...they are crunchy rolls, and were soft and fluffy inside...they are meant to be that way. Also, the televisions DO work, it's just that we had the sense to go to reception and ask how to turn them on.

The bad: EXTREMELY nasty smelling detergent/cleaning agent, very thin walls, tiny room, tiny shower, and we got a double room after requesting a twin.

All in all, we were satisfied. We are used to budget hotels, and are pretty confident navigating different parts of town. The beds were suitable, the towels were changed each day, and we had a fantastic concierge, so we were quite happy.

Room Tip: You cannot turn the televisions on with the power button, you need to press 1. Ask the reception to...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sarah W
There are newer reviews for Tempio Di Pallade

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We had this hotel booked for us by our travel agent and were very disappointed. Very small rooms and very ordinary breakfast. Lots of groups of students staying in the hotel and they were extremely noisy, running up and down hallways and going up and down in the elevators. We complained to management about the noise and they assured us it would be retified but unfortunately nothing changed for the whole of our visit. On returning home we put in a formal complaint via our travel agent and had some of our money refunded. We will never stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Kathy L
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel. The hotel is look like their descriptions, rooms and bathrooms small, but very clean. Furniture is not new, but it is well maintained and clean. The employees are very friendly and polite. Breakfast was ample with milk, cereal, fruit, jam, 3 types of sausage, cheese, cookies, coffee and juice machines. I had no problems with noise of others.
Subway station is 10 minutes away and the train station Termini 20 minutes away. The street is a little hidden, but devoid of undesirable events as they assured me all I talked about this aspect.
I did not found at this hotel something bad I read before. Compared to other hotels in major European capitals where I stayed, the price of this hotel is a half than others, superior cleanliness and breakfast surpasses them all.
When you go in honeymoon looking for a 5-star hotel, when you go to visit Rome, looking for a clean room and near to transport station.
You can't pay 3 star and expect 5 star for facilities and service!
I recommand this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Carmen P
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My mother and I stayed here for 3 nights. For her, it's a cheap hotel and that's it but for me it's more than that. Every little thing people say about it in other reviews is so true. Breakfast is the poorest and most disgusting thing ever. Rooms are tiny and ours had a third bed to make it even tighter. Bed linen, OMG (I don't want to remember). During those 3 nights we never got toiletries refilled. And the worst of all, one night, the boiler was broken and whole hotel ran out of hot water. I had to go out without a shower and my mom went to bed without one. How frustrating.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Baratella
Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

Poor service,small rooms,very small bathroom,poor breakfast,location not easy accesible,moderate price,once booked never again.I am sure you can find much better places in the city of Rome.
Worst place with big luggage.Many groups of students,thrrefore very noisy.

1  Thank wolfgangschenk
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We went on a cruise and stayed 2 nights prior and after the cruise and were booked into this hotel by the travel agency. When we first arrived, the reception gave us hope, it looked very nice. There was a older gentleman on reception, who was completely flustered and gave "basil" from Faulty Towers a run for his money! They had no change, and complained that "us tourist never had smaller euros to pay the bed tax"! I asked why he had no change if he knew this to be the case? Got a cold reception from there on. Was assigned our room, it was so tiny there was no room to actually open our bag! The shower was so tiny, you had to be a circus clown to get into it, and it leaked.. Bathroom was wet and had leaked under flooring in room, but it is a three star hotel, so it was adequate. On our return visit, conditions got way worse, room was so small, nothing worked in it and where the building is 800 years old, the bed and bedding in our room was at least 400 years old im sure! The bed was so hard, may as well sleep on a marble floor! I complained about it, advising that we had a 30 hour long haul flight home the next day, so would it be possible to change room - was rudely told "no, stop whinging"!, WTF? I then did become rude! Was then Offered the staff room, which had no window at all, and left a lot to be desired, however, it was a comfortable old bed! (There were rooms available, he just chose not to give us another). Will never stay there again, it truly is a schoolies/back packers hostel, not suitable for more mature travellers. We were also attacked / robbed by a gypsy outside the hotel in broad daylight!

Room Tip: Stay away from this part of town. Termini railway station full of pick pockets, gypsies and thieves...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Inge M
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Close to the termini Stazione but that is the only positive - seedy area;; cramped rooms; and noisy. It was only a "one night stop over" being in transit from Dubrovnik to Perth. During the previous week we stayed in an apartment near the Pantheon - still cramped but what a very different and positive experience. Final advice is to use the Trip Advisor!!!

Room Tip: See above use the trip advisor
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple