“Good Price..Super Location”

Flower Garden Hotel
Ranked #466 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed July 29, 2013

SUPER Location........ walk to everything, MUCH..... for money in centrume Rome, staff incredibly helpful and speek english, small rooms but very clean and nice bathroom. Breakfast is okay. We come back soon.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank EuropaLund

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed at the Flower Garden Hotel for 3 nights at the start of June 2013. As with most residential buildings in Rome it did not look impressive from the outside. Step inside and you get a totally different impression. Check in was very easy and all the reception staff speak English. Our room was not big but did not bother us as it was very clean and couldn't complain. You are provided with a safe in the room and there are plug sockets on the desk next to the TV. Breakfast was definitely sweet! There were croissants, cakes and other bready things. There was also cereal. Location for the hotel is 10/10, 5 minutes walk from the train station and the colosseum is around a 20 minute casual walk.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tam1hibs
Reviewed July 1, 2013

the biggest plus of ths hotel is the location,5 minute walk from termini station and 20 mins from piazza navona and fontana di trevi.very clean rooms and we were pleased with the breakfast bouffet.very friendly staff!on the whole,we were satisfied with our stay.we paid almost 400 eu for 4 nights which was ok considering it is a capital city and the location of the hotel but i still believe that it could have been a bit cheaper!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lina d
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I chose this hotel because it was very close to Roma Termini. It is an easy walk about a block from the station. So, if you have to walk with luggage to/from the station, it's very convenient. I was traveling alone and reserved a single room. The space is VERY minimal, but adequate and clean. My room was not ready when I got there (it was early in the morning), so they said they would store my luggage. Turns out they don't have a luggage storage room, so they just stashed it in the breakfast room. While it turned out okay, it made me a bit nervous to have my belongings sitting out in the open. Another minor issue that I had was that there is no wifi access (paid or free) in the hotel. On a positive note, breakfast was included in the room and when the attendant found out I was going to be leaving long before breakfast opened, he offered to have a take-out bag prepared for me. If you have very minimal needs and want to weigh convenience ahead of amenities, then this isn't a bad choice. (P.S. In Italy, you need to have cash to pay city taxes the day you check out of the hotel).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank rbfcruise
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed 5 nights in this hotel. Good location near Termini station which was useful for our destination. (We spent 4 days at the Italian Open tennis which I would recommend highly as all the top players take part)
Hotel staff friendly and I guess for price it was good value. Breakfast was a bit limited, more sweet stuff than savoury. The lady attendng to us in the dining room made excellent coffee which was the best I had on our trip! Room was clean and bed comfy.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AnneD58
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights. The room was small (as they are all over Rome) but clean and the shower was incredible.

The receptionists were very accommodating and friendly.

Sadly we were on the street side of the hotel so were woken to blaring car horns in the morning - I think the people in the 5* hotel opposite would have had similar problems though so I wasn't that bothered.

Great location - close to bus, train, metro etc as well as restaurants and bars

Breakfast was fine, nothing special but we were happy enough with it.

Would stay here again. Excellent value for money

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We spent 4 nights at the Flower Garden Hotel. The location was excellent, within walking distance of Termini Stazione, so all major Roman attractions and side trips were easily accessible by bus, cab, train, or metro. Good restaurants and shopping in the area. We also liked visiting the 24 hour fruit stand/snack cart across the street for all of our bottled water and vino needs.

The only negative was that the air conditioning was not working. The front desk was able to get a fan, so the nights were not miserable. I would stay at this hotel again between October and April. Considering that we only were using the room to sleep and shower, this was a good, economical match.

Our room was very quiet (we did not stay on the street side). Our double room was quite small; don't plan on eating, entertaining, or doing yoga in the room. It was pretty clean and the towels were generously sized. The bed was not too hard and not too soft. Linens seemed clean.

We were surprised to get the free continental breakfast (the Agodo.com website said it was extra). What a total bargain to get unlimited cappucinos for free before setting out for the day! There is a coffee machine at the buffet, but there is also an espresso machine in the kitchen and the attendant will make them for you if you ask.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple