“Comfortable”
Review of Champagne Palace

Champagne Palace
Ranked #1,103 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We are just back from a 4 day trip to Rome and stayed in this Hotel. Location is handy as only a 5 min walk from Termini station and Metro. Walking to and from the station put me off a bit though. Hotel room size is as you would expect in a large City Centre hotel, small but adequte. We were barely in hotel to be honest. The biggest disappointment was breakfast! Coffee from a machine, orange juice also!!?? Come on! This is Rome!Breakfast consisted of Hard rolls ( anyone with dentures beware!),croissants, cheese, cereal etc and of course coffee and orange juice from a machine which were awful. If staying here then don't include breakfast.

Other than that then hotel was peferctly adequat. Would we come back? No is the answer. It's classed as 4 * but more like 2 of 3.

Staff were friendly and helpful, free wifi in reception area and lounge area.

Room Tip: skip breakfast and eat out
1  Thank bellabee123

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights in October. We got lost at the drop off from the coach but once you get a map your fine. Make sure you get a map before you go. The room was tiny but ok for what we needed as it was just a place to sleep. There is not much space for clothes so I kept my in my case. The shower is tiny and the tap kept sticking but it was fine. Breakfast was cold meat, bread rolls, boiled eggs, pastries with hot drinks and orange juice. It was great location for the colosseum, trevi fountain and the Vatican. They are just walking distance apart from the Vatican. We took the metro to the Vatican as that was quite a walk which was only €1.50 one way. We also went to the ice bar which we were expecting to be very expensive but it was only €15 each which included a alcoholic drink of your choice. Great stay overall the package was through BA.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I recently stayed here with my husband for a 3 night trip to Rome. We booked it through lastminute.com as one of their secret rooms because it was listed as a 4 star with a good location.
The location is really good, very close to the main station in Rome - Termini. We mostly walked around the city and it was about a 15 minute walk to the Colosseum. Upon entrance to the hotel it looks very nice and well decorated with paintings on the ceiling etc.
Once in the room it was basic and quite small. The TV was very old and wouldn't turn on (but I had read previous reviews saying no English channels so we werent too bothered). The thing that was most frustrating was the lack of wifi in the rooms. I know we were there on holiday and so didn't particularly want to spend time on the internet however it would have been nice to have the option and we had an ipad and so would have been nice to download films etc in the comfort of our room rather than going downstairs to the reception room given the lack of TV.
The room and bathroom was clean and all in all the hotel was fine, especially just for a weekend trip when we didn't spend much time there anyway. I just don't feel it should be advertised as a 4 star.

Room Tip: We were floor 3 but I can imagine floors higher would have a good view across Rome.
1  Thank Florencia N
Reviewed October 20, 2013

A 4 star hotel this is not. Entering the Champagne Palace may look ok but until you enter the room you realise that this is more a 2 star hotel. Yes it had a bed, a bathroom and fridge but I have been in better 4 star hotels. We were told that the rooms in Rome were small and this was also a small room. Look when you are on holiday you don’t really spend time in the hotel so the room was good enough for us to wake up in the morning and get ready and then come back after a long day of walking and have a shower and just get into bed. The breakfast is basic, so if you are after a full English do not come here. If you like a cheese and ham sandwich with a warm coffee and a croissant or cereal in the morning then this is your place but if you want more then this is not the hotel for you. As a 4 star I think we were expecting a better breakfast spread but it was still something to eat before you went out for the day and you obviously are going to eat while you are out and about. The problem with this hotel is that there is only one lift for 6 floors and you tend to use the stairs up and down. They have a lot of mirrors on each floor and the decor is old and worn but the hotel is very close to Termini station and very close to the bus stop so if you are happy with basic style hotel this this is the place to stay but I just think the rating should be lowered. Check in and out was very simple and easy.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This hotel is 2 minutes from the termini station, easy to get to from the airport.
Train €14 taxi €48 and coach €4
The room was clean with a lovely bathroom and complimentary toiletries which were refilled every day.
The hotel advertises facilities that are no longer in use. There are no tea and coffee making facilities in the room or foyer ( no longer in use) Would advise to take a travel kettle. There is a fridge/ mini bar.
Wifi is free in reception and there is a comfy area that you can sit, we also found wifi in the breakfast room on the 7th floor. There was also a bar restaurant here but no longer in use.
TV in the bedroom has no English channels.
Safe in the room, but not told how to use it.
No literature in the room about facilities
Breakfast is ok, continental - great views from the 7th floor

Recommend the Roma pass and the Vatican pass, purchase at least 72hrs before.

Great restaurants nearby. Walking distance to the Trevi fountain, colluseum, Forum plus many more museums and basilicas

I would not say the staff on the desk are welcoming, when busy they get stressed very quickly and it's not pleasant listening to there raised voices!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Firstly let me point out that the hotel is certainly not 4 star although the décor suggests that once upon a time it might have been. The hotel is clean and the staff are friendly but for me that's where it ends. Its in need of some refurbishment as its a little run down. My wife and I were there for 2 days but decided to avoid breakfast on the 2nd as it was very basic. I will not be staying in this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I booked this fairly last minute and after reading a few reviews were fairly dubious about the hotel. However, I honestly could not fault the Champagne Palace Hotel.

The staff were incredibly welcoming and did everything they could do accommodate us, from booking taxis and restaurant reservations to actually going and getting me a take out tea from a nearby coffee shop in the middle of a rain storm. Massimo and his team are flawless.

In terms of location, you couldn't ask for a more perfect spot. We took the bus from the airport to the bus terminal and were then only a ten minute walk from our hotel, maximum. As for daily exploring, we then walked absolutely everywhere in Rome! What more could you want?

Facilities wise the hotel is perfect for a city break. A large, incredibly comfy bed and a very generously sized en suite were enough but we also had a lovely view, dressing table, mini bar and safety deposit box as ideal little extras.

I couldn't recommend this hotel highly enough and have in fact since recommended this hotel to my grandparents who have now booked up here!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple