Champagne Palace
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Max Hotel(Rome)
  • Room Service
  • Free Internet
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We recently stayed here for 4 nightsIts within easy reach of the termini station .The room was small but clean but as we were out most of the time it was all that we needed. The staff were friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was limited but ok.

Room Tip: This hotel is ideally situated within walking distance of most of the sights like the colosseum. trevi fountain. etc etc
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Just stayed at this hotel for four nights, good value for money. Room was a bit small but considering we were out all day did not really matter. Clean room , air conditioning adequate, could have done with better quality pillows, ones we had were very flat (just a minor point) . Was never up in time for breakfast so cannot comment, but there are loads of cafes round about that serve coffee,pastries,juice and fruit.
We purchased the hop on hop off tour bus ticket from the seller down from the hotel and this was excellent - recommend if you have a short time to see everything.
Restaurants round about the hotel are good value.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GLOBALX
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We were at this hotel with a tour group, so I can't speak too much to it's "value," but based on the online rate of $84, I probably wouldn't stay here again unless I am guaranteed one of the good rooms. This review is based on the rooms on the bottom floor. We were staying with a tour group and our friends' rooms were slightly better. Our room felt like the living quarters for the employees rather than a luxurious - or even decent - room for the guests.

Pros:
1. It's right near Termini Station - easy access to both Metro lines and to the international trains
2. Cleanish
3. Wifi available (although only in the lobby)

Cons:
1. I'm 5'2" 100 pounds, and I had a hard time showering in the tiny shower. Further, we didn't even have a door, only a curtain that WILL stick to your body while showering - yuck.
2. They took away our hand towels and bath mats on the first night and refused to give them back when I asked the front desk. (this was the case for our entire tour group)
3. The TV was maybe 13 inches and black and white (this seemed to vary from room to room)
4. The walls were paper thin and you could hear all the drunkards in the lobby/elevator until 4am
5. I don't think the A/C was working (this also seemed to vary from room to room)
6. No wifi in the rooms
7. I found the staff to be a bit rude

I'd like to emphasize that the conditions of the rooms seemed to vary greatly. It seemed that the upper rooms were more recently rennovated and they were working their way down. So if you are already booked here, ask for the highest room!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank kpim
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This is a very smart hotel with lovely views of Rome, the staff and managers were very helpful and dealt with all of our enquiries. Nice on the inside and out with a nice breakfast in the morning, overall very happy with the experience of the hotel and would recommend people to go here if they want the best experience of Rome!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We were looking for the normal comforts we have at home, big bed, nice bathroom, good breakfast, and wifi. None of the above. We told him we needed internet to book flights and tickets and he told us right off the bat that our room wouldn't have a good connection, so he switched our room to the first floor. The key didn't work FOUR TIMES! I had to carry my huge suitcase up the steps (I was moving from Italy back to America) without any bell man. We still had to pay for wifi. And we had to leave before breakfast was even served. Tiny, dirty bathroom. I guess the only reason why it's considered a 4 star is because of the decorations in the lobby, but it stops about there.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family