“You won't listen to me, but I'll say it...DON'T STAY HERE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Center 2

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rome
Hotel Center 2
Ranked #1,169 of 1,290 Hotels in Rome
Oklahoma
“You won't listen to me, but I'll say it...DON'T STAY HERE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

After reading reviews we decided if we booked Hotel Center with our tour company it would ONLY be if we were guaranteed a room at Hotel Center 1. We were assured that was the case. However, when we arrived we were directed to Hotel Center 2. (Just like many reviews we read said they would) Between my broken Italian, and their broken English we got out that there was no room there and we would HAVE to go to #2. They would not budge, so we were forced to walk ourselves to the next location. It proved to be a nightmare. This hotel sits on top of an "after hours" disco tech that POUNDS ALL NIGHT on the weekends. Which of course was when we were there. We did not get a single nights sleep and the staff was unwilling to move us to Hotel Center #1. You'll think you know better than me, you'll say I can put up with a little noise, I don't mind a small room, who needs a shower that you can bend over in, BUT MARK MY WORDS YOU WILL REGRET IT! Good Luck.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WorldTravelerof5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Hebrew first
Palencia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2010

- The rooms are poorly ventilated, do not smell good.
- There is no own regulation for air conditioning. Reception is regulated from, what it means to die of cold or heat.
- The receptionist did not speak English. I always answer "yes" say what you say.
- The owner of the hotel is beyond good and evil. Kindness is not one of his virtues.
- The bathroom is leaking, noisy. Never came to fix it.
- The breakfast is quite poor for a supposed 3 star hotel.
- The wifi service: you can use after paying extortionate prices.
- This 15-minute walk from Termini, it is not a good place to go back alone at night.
- I do not recommend this hotel at all, would not return. The price and the stars do not do justice to the services offered. And above all, the deal is not good. It appears that you have to thank for being able to sleep there. I've been in several hotels on Rome, and I've never felt so ill treated.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Palentina2010

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2010

My sister traveled to Rome for the first time and stayed at the Hotel Center 2. I went through trip advisor to get a review of the hotel as it was set up by the trip planner. I tried everything to change the hotel before we left, thank goodness I couldn't. This was one of the nicest places we had seen and when we told fellow travelers on the train about it, they were a bit jealous. They had modern rooms with no opening windows, close to traffic and lots of noise. We had the sound of roudy footbsllersw coming home and the nonstop horns, but we also had a great breeze and tall windows that let in all of the Rome atmosphere. Some people pay a fortune for rustic, we got booked into it. Small cozy rooms, the nicest people at the desk who showed us Americans how to get bus passes and mapped out the stops we needed for the day, and right in the middle of where we needed to be. I would styay there again!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2010

Have stayed here before, via Gate 1 Travel (clearly the best value trip organizer around!). Arrived in Rome from Florence by train, and walked in minutes to the hotel. Rooms are newly modernized, clean, and a bit small -- but who cares since you're not in Rome to hang out in your hotel room! Close to the Rome subway, and therefore easy to get to all the attractions. Good breakfast and good coffee...just ask the waitress for an espresso (which the automated machine doesn't make), then add your own latte.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Torun, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2009

Very good hotel - clean and tidy room, helpfull staff. One is not good- breakfasts ;)

Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2009

My husband and I booked our Rome trip through an internet company, which is how we wound up at the Hotel Center. All I can say is that the hotel was so awful that we checked out 1/2 an hour after we checked in and moved to a different hotel.
Do yourself a favor and go to Hotel Smeraldo. It's right in the center of Rome. The staff isn't the nicest but the rooms are great, inexpensive and the hotel is convenient to the Pantheon, The Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, Campo del Fiori, etc.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Salzburg
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2009

1. We were made to walk a long way from hotel center 1 to center 2 which is a long way considering our baggage since our reservation did not specifically state which hotel center we are billeted.
2. The guy at the reception just handed us the key without instructing us to insert the key card in the slot to make the lightings and electrical outlet functions.
3. After returning from a long day outside and the room is very warm you cannot turn-on the airconditioning full blast to lower the temperatute faster because it was remotely controlled from the reception desk. You must call reception everytime you want the airconditioning turned on If the hotel wants to save electricity it must not be at the expense of its customer.
4. For a continental breakfast, I was expecting more not juice, coffee or hard bread and biscuits.
5. The location states it is near Termini train station but you must take a bus or the tram to get there from the train station since I think it is about 500meters or more from the termini station

For those who want to travel to Rome, there are better hotels which is a walk away from the Termini train station.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple