“Exceptionally good room at hotel with improvement potential” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Boscolo Exedra Roma, Autograph Collection

Boscolo Exedra Roma, Autograph Collection
Ranked #88 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
“Exceptionally good room at hotel with improvement potential”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

The service does not match this fantastic hotel. Breakfast is better than offered at most hotels, but still disappointing considering the price. But still, the room we got was completely amazing. My wife and I had the time of our life here using it as base camp while driving Vespas to sights and restaurants off the beaten track for a full week, enabling us to totally forget about our hectic everyday life.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Arild007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (375)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Maastricht, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

The premisis was clean, toiletries well stocked, staff was friendly, rooftop pool & bar a nice area.
Breakfast had all the (warm) trimmings you can think of (this does not happen often in Italy, not even at 5* hotels) but the room where it was served in lacked athmosphere.
Easy access to the trainstation and start off point of the hop-on-hop-off busses (better to start off at the starting point, to have good seats on these double deckers).
McDonalds next door, nice lounge bar outside the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ProseccowithaTwist
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Overpriced hotel on a excellent location. It beautiful on the outside. The staff are unprofessional. The hotel is not being taken care of. Most of the things don't work. Cracks on the floor of the showers and bathtubs. This is NOT a five star hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Alpacino3
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was so prepared to love this place and it was truly a disappointment. Caveat: This place advertises itself as a 5 star hotel. I have stayed in better Sheraton's and Marriott's. I do not want to be petty, but this was a splurge and it was NOT WORTH IT. Ok, onto the review...We booked this location for the last three days of our holiday as it is remarkably difficult to find a swimming pool of any kind in Rome. Upon arrival they had no record of my included breakfast. These things happen, but they asked for me to provide my paperwork. In my opinion a 5 Star property should not be nickel and diming clients about such things. They should check with my booking agent and figure it out and get back to me. Nonetheless I dug it out of my luggage and they took a copy. You would think this would no longer be an issue. Wrong. At breakfast the following day the restaurant noted they had no record of the breakfast buffet being included and tried to charge me 40 Euros for it (the buffet was VERY good BTW). I went immediately to the front desk and they said they had no record of it being included. I protested that I had given them a copy of the receipt/confirmation yesterday! They asked if I could give it to them again. At this point I am shocked at what a complete lack of customer service this hotel has. Later that day I did go back to give it to them (as I was upset that this was going to turn into an unpleasant scene as I was trying to catch an early morning plane!). You know what the explanation from the desk was? It was busy yesterday. They are understaffed. They didn't get to it. Yes there were "sorry's" but no gesture of compensation to make up for their incompentence (i.e.offer to buy me a drink, offer a small spa treatment, something! to make up causing me, the guest, stress. Wow. In addition, the amenities I requested (two robes, two extra pillows, a fridge, activities for a child) - none, not ONE - were provided. These small requested were submitted months in advance, not the day before! I called immediately to get a second robe and they said they would send one up immediately (their word). We waited 20 minutes. Went swimming with out it and AFTER we returned (had to have been an hour later at least) someone showed up with it. The walls were scuffed. One of the mirrors was cracked. The service at the rooftop bar was abysmal. In the seven or eight times we were up there (for at least 30 mins per time) I was never asked if I would like a drink or a menu. The table were left dirty (I cleaned them off myself several times in order to have a better seat by the pool). So is it clean? Absolutely. Is it conveniently located on the Metro. For certain. Was it nice to have a dip in a pool after a hot day of touring? You bet. And hey, it had a neat "anti-fog" mirror in the bathroom! But for the cost of the "5 Star"? Not a chance.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank iTravel9999
Westchester, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I recently stayed at the Boscolo during my honeymoon. Everything about the hotel was great! It was in an ideal location, the hotel was clean, modern and beautifully appointed. The rooms were spacious and comfortable, and the bathrooms were gorgeous. The concierge and hotel staff were all pleasant and helpful, even giving us tips about getting to Sorrento when we checked out. They went out of their way to help us with anything that we needed.

The only advisory I would make is this: we did not have breakfast included with our stay. The breakfast upstairs in the hotel was very expensive and not that great. However, we did enjoy eating breakfast and lunch at the restaurant near the entrance. The pastry basket, crepes and pancakes were delicious!

Would highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed here for one night on business last week and it was lovely. My room was very big (a plus in a European city) and had everything I could need.

I was visiting the hotel with a view to using it as a location for an event, and as such got to see a range of rooms that they offered. They were all lovely and I really liked those in the grannery (even if they do not have views)

On returning to my room before dinner I was greeted with a bottle of bubbly which I enjoyed waiting for the royal baby to emerge from hospital :-)

A very lovely stay and I hope to return again soon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed there in April 2008 and 2009 first time a week with my daughter, magic, so near all the site and the staff were so nice, the rooms luxurious , loved it, I went back for my silver wedding anniversary and plan to visit again, one of my most favourite places in the world, selecting yr 2012 but no option, but stayed in 2008/ 2009

Room Tip: When I stayed with my husband the view from our room over looking the fountains in the square was so...