“Fabulous location - very spacious & clean!”

Internazionale Domus
Ranked #204 of 3,779 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 13, 2008

We stayed in the Boticelli apartment which has 1 double bedroom, 1 single & a lounge with sofa bed. The double room was huge and also included a cot which we requested. The room also had a dressing table, TV, plenty of wardrobes, a safe & a large window overlooking the spanish steps.The single room was also good size. The single bed also had another bed underneath it so the room could fit 2 adults. This room also had a dressing table & a large window overlooking the spanish steps. The bathroom was ample and clean. The lounge wasn't large ubt had a double sofa bed, a smaller sofa bad and a flat screen TV. There was also a balcony off the lounge which had a table & chairs and overlooked the spanish steps again!
The kitchen was good size and included table, chairs, crockery, cutlery, cooking utensils, crackers/biscuits etc...

We weren't expecting so much space - it was fantastic! My 18 month old loved running around the apartment.

The ceilings were high and the sefvice was good. The staff worked 9am-9pm but that worked out fine for us. They gave us good restaurant recommendations and the maid service was excellent!

I have nothing bad to say. I would definately stay there again!!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed January 23, 2008

On my 4th visit to Rome I decided to stay at this residence instead of hotels. Basing mainly on comments from here.... Our 3night stay was just great!!!
Our Donatello Suite appeared even better than on photos! Spacious, nicely furnished and very cozy. The only thing I would add - bathrobes in the bathroom (we had only shower).
Our airport transfer from IDomus was great - the driver came 10 min earlier and the car was waiting for us just near !! the elevator!!!because it was raining. Usual taxi stops about 50m from hotel.

I would like to say THANK YOU to all the staff! Was a real pleasure to have a short conversation and every my question was solved with useful info or restaurant reservation or so on. Alex, Daniele, Giulia! Vi ringrazio tanto!!!!!!
I have found my 'home' in Rome!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2007

Perfect location. We are a family of 4 with 2 young kids (2 &6), but were able to walk everywhere in Rome. The metro station is around the corner also. Our room Cavarragio is sufficient and very clean. It overlooks the Spanish Steps, which can be very crowded at night.
Do not worry, if you close the window, cannot hear a thing.
I would definitely come back to this hotel the next time we are in Rome.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2007

Best place for a weekend break. Usually we (my wife and i) book a nice suite in the best hotel in whichever European City we stay in but we never use the facilaties e.g. restaurant, bar, pool etc.. because we are either out and about or sleeping.
We chose the Margutta Loft Apartment because of the great location next to the Spanish Steps and because of it's size. It really was a beautiful place. It had a small kitchenette perfect for your bacon butties in the morning and a lovely big bathroom and the balcony was massive even though it didn't really look over anything it was a nice place to get fresh air.
The floor to ceiling windows and the mezanine bedroom are very cool too!
The heating worked and so did the airconditioning.
The staff were at the end of the phone 24hrs a day for anything, very helpful.
I would recommend anyone to stay there who wanted to do their own thing and not be confined to a hotel complex.
I booked thru their website. Much cheaper than the big hotel websites.
WOULD DEFINATELY GO BACK.
Enjoy!!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2007

I booked this hotel prior to reading the reviews on this site. Reading some of the reviews prior to my stay I became a little concerned as to the suitability/cleanliness of the apartments. However, I need not have worried. The apartment was perfect for our needs (family of four) and spotlessly clean. The kitchen was well equipped and the lounge, bedroom and bathroom adequate for our stay in Rome. We had maid service every day, with fresh towels and sheets.
The location is perfect, we walked everywhere (even with a seven year old!) - vatican about 3/4 of an hour walk.
The bedroom looked over the spanish steps and to open the window in the morning and watch the crowds is amazing. However, with the windows closed no outside noise is heard within the apartment.
If I had to say anything negative it would be on two points. Our apartment (I think called Allegri) had an adjoining door(behind a large bookcase) to another apartment. This meant that any noise from that apartment seemed extremely loud within ours. However, we were out most of the time so not a real problem.
The only other negative point was that the matress on the sofa bed was uncomfortable and could do with changing.
Overall, the apartment was great. the location fantastic and Rome was wonderful. Should I ever have the opportunity to return to Rome I would definitely book this hotel again.

Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank FamilyGw
Reviewed October 4, 2007

I use this site a lot, but have never entered a review. I feel a duty to warn others about the Internazionale Domus. I'd hate for anyone else to suffer the same fate as my family. We were supposed to stay at the Internazionale Domus on September 27th and 28th, but I received a last minute fax from my travel agent while we were in Praiano that the Domus suddenly wasn't available. The agent had booked the hotel more than a month in advance.

The excuse: plumbing problems. We later were told this is a common tactic used by some establishments when they overbook. I already knew every hotel in the main part of the city was booked and had been for awhile. The travel agent tried to find another place and came up empty.
In the fax from the Domus to the travel agent, it said it had found us a B&B not too far from the Spanish Steps. We decided to take our chances and check it out. I have to tell you we were offended when we arrived. Not only was the small apartment dark and smelly, but it appeared to be a fire hazard. My husband noticed exposed wiring. The tub was so filthy, I couldn't imagine using it. Bottom line... I didn't feel safe and under no circumstances would expose my two young children to a dangerous situation.
It also wasn't a traditional "B&B"... just an apartment that's rented out. I told the proprietor it was unacceptable and we left... to head outside in the pouring rain with nowhere to stay. Since the taxi was long gone, my two young children and my husband and I were forced to walk the streets with luggage in tow... in the rain.
We ended up at The Hassler.... where the only room available was the Presidential Suite. It wound up costing us $2,300 for one night... but at least we had a safe place to sleep.
What's interesting. I wanted to head over to the Domus and confront the hotel... but the folks at the Hassler had never heard of it and couldn't direct me to its location... even though I had its address.
I'm a television anchor/consumer reporter who has stayed in hotels and resorts all over the world and have never encountered such bait and switch tactics. We learned our lesson and now will always have a back-up plan. Thankfully every other hotel we stayed in during this trip was top-notch.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
6  Thank Traveler123Colorado
Reviewed September 12, 2007

The Internazionale Domus was a perfect location for Rome-- rooms look out onto the Spanish Steps, can walk anywhere, very close to the Metro, great service!!, beautiful European rooms and excellent showers!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends