“Nice room, average service, good location.”
Review of Hotel Baltic

Hotel Baltic
Ranked #1,116 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We stayed 4 nights. The first night we got an awful room without a window and a very bad smell (the room was newly furnished and renovated but impossible to breath in and no day light) the reception staff was rude when we asked to changed. The next morning, the staff at the reception was a very nice guy so we asked again and he gave us a very nice room with a large window to street view. The shower was very tiny (almost impossible to fit in) but the room was very nice and comfortable.
The breakfast was awful, only 2 croissant with jam and coffee\tea so we ate outside everyday which is much nicer anyway when your in Rome.
1. I have been to 3 star hotels in Rome before and it is very similar (awful breakfast, average\rude staff, and simple rooms) so dont expect too much and you wont be disappointed.
2. In most of 3 star hotels, the staff shifts are short and changing every few hours so if you dont get what you need, wait till shift changes and try your luck with another staff member who might be nicer.
3. the price is fair for what you get, if you insist on a nice room.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bgroni

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I just finished a tour with my family and booked,via cheaphotels.com, the hotel for 5 nights. I asked for a room with full bathroom and even visited hotel prior to arrival after tour and I was guaranteed my request. I got to the hotel and SURPRISE no toilet in the room only a shower and sink. The night desk person was rude, unhelpful. Good thing we were close to another hotel we checked out and left. Money down the drain. Never had I experienced such rude behavior with a customer. Too bad I can't give a negative star to this hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank CeciP33
Reviewed February 3, 2014

A cosy central hotel. While it is very close to city center, at walking distance from most objectives, it is still far enough from the dreaded Termini proximity. The rooms are large and clean, the bathroom is quite small but still clean. The hotel shares some floors in an old building (like all buildings in central Rome).
Some of the rooms are quite large and can easily accomodate 4 adults.

Pro: very good value for the money, especially in the low-cost area.
Cons: wi-fi only in the reception / breakfast room (consequently there is no lingering on the net during busy breakfast hours). An old building ventilation is not odorless.

Room Tip: There are 2 buildings. If you stay in the main one, you will get reception wi-fi.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Eugen_Popp
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I stayed in this hotel in January, 11-16. Hotel has very nice location - it is situated 15 min. from central train station and 25 min walking distance from Trevi fountain. My room was №107 in the building No. 95- just few meters away from a main building. It was quite fresh small clean non-smoking room with high ceiling. It has mini-bar, desk, small LCD TV, wardrobe, safe, shower & toilet inside the room. There are only 2 small minuses can be noticed for possible travellers: no lock from internal side and thin walls - you can hear your neibours. So if you have very light sleep it is not your hotel. Breakfast in the hotel is very simple and tasty - croissants & coffee. But be sure to come earlier, as there is a very little place for guests to eat on the same time. The staff was very friendly, cleaning service was amazing - I never seen them knocking on my door asking if can they come for cleaning, but my room was always clean upon my return - I still don't have an idea how they found when I was in the room or when I was out. So I left some tips for them on the desk. I think this hotel is very good for a single journey, or travelling with friends.

5 nights of accommodation in bb cost me only 180 EUR, excluding city tax- it is great combination of price and quality I've ever met.

Room Tip: Rooms in the b. 95 are renovated and there is an elevator :) Don't forget to ask for a renovate...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Aspect_of_Gluttony
Reviewed December 30, 2013

If you are looking for lavish this is not the place, this is an ideal place to base yourself to go and see Rome and stay at a well priced , very friendly comfortable, clean location, idea for couples .Has some good restaurants close by

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dave C
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We paid $197.82 for two nights and as the saying goes" you get what you pay for". We had no toilet in the room and with a child it was quite the bother to go out to the smoke ( chokingly thick) filled hallway to use the toilet. My travel agent booked this for me. My big lesson, never book thru a travel agent. With the Internet, one can book everything themselves and see what you get before it is booked. I would never stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Markyeee
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The hotel is near Termini station (about 10' by feet) which is very convinient. The room was very clean, and the chambermaid tided it every day, changing sheets and towels. The beakfast was fixed but above our expectations, which included coffee or chocolate, orange juice, croissants, butter, marmalades, and fresh small breads. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The price is considered too good for having all these pros.

The only cons were that the rooms had no balcony or view. Also the building was very old, but it is impossible to find a new one at the heart of Rome.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple