“Favorite hotel”
Review of Hotel Suisse

Hotel Suisse
Ranked #646 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Hotel Suisse is a small, quiet and charming family-run hotel occupying one floor of a palazzo in a centrally located and equally charming neighborhood. The same friendly owners and staff have been greeting my sister and me for the many years we have stayed here. They make us feel at home and we are always glad to see them. The hotel and all the rooms are tastefully decorated, with all that we would want, including plenty of heat in winter and air conditioning in the summer. The rooms are kept spotless by the efficient staff; breakfast is served in the room in beautiful china. Both the staff and the owners are very attentive. We love staying here. It is our favorite hotel!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Onlet

Reviewed September 17, 2013

A bit old-fashioned for our taste, but very good service. Expensive for us, but we only had two days and this was on an excellent location, very central and close to the Trevi Fountain ("Marcello, came here!" :-D) and Piazza Di Spagna. Excellent breakfast!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2013

spent a hot and noisy night plus a skimpy breakfast. the portable air-conditioning was so noisy that had to be switched off at night, with the window open to get some air it was impossible to sleep due to the noise coming from the main road and the nigh-club next door. breakfast served in the room did not include any of the optional in the menu. very disappointed not good value for money as it was impossible to sleep.

Room Tip: avoid rooms on main road
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank faffina
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Just a few dozen yards from the top of the Spanish Steps, we were surprised to also find this sweet, quaint hotel was also quiet and restful. Clean, plenty of hot water, prompt breakfast room service, and espresso in the afternoon.
The staff was helpful and friendly without being intrusive. Best of all, the beds were excellent. The staff even pushed the twin beds together and made them up as a double for us, which we really appreciated.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Rome.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank BethieSay
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I was happy with our stay at the hotel Suisse in Rome. The room wasn't large but with the high ceilings it felt airy enough. The bathroom shower was separated from the toilet which Is not the norm when staying at smaller boutique older hotel. The air conditioner worked great . The location couldn't be beat. It was located on quiet street close to many great points of interests like Spanish steps and Trevi fountain. There are also some good restaurants nearby such as onesteria. There is also a cool jazz club just next door with an upstairs stage and live music. We found the staff to be very friendly. I didn't particularly care for having breakfast being brought to the room because it was too small of a space to enjoy it. Also the menu was average. Breads were so so., but cappuccino was good. But I don't eat a lot of carbs in the morning . I got tired of just bread and coffee every morning. I'm not sure if I would stay again but based on the price probably .
I would also recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I absolutely adored our recent three-night stay at the Hotel Suisse and would recommend it without reservation. The Hotel is ideally located near the Spanish Steps and within walking distance of many of Rome’s iconic sites such as the Trevi Fountain, Via Veneto and Piazza Navonna.
The hotel is situated on the third floor of a beautiful hundred year-old building (with elevator!), and has the feel of a private residence. Our room was simply, but elegantly, decorated; we especially liked the fourteen foot ceiling and decorative molding. The hotel staff went out of their way to be helpful; they arranged reasonably-priced transportation both from Fuimicino airport and to the port of Civitaveccia. Moreover, when I discovered, several days after checking out, that I had left a favorite piece of clothing in my room, the staff immediately took steps to return the item to me.
For anyone seeking a reasonably priced, clean, charming and centrally located place to stay in Rome, they should put the Hotel Suisse at the top of their list.

Room Tip: Our room was #31 - it was very quiet
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Romy P
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Perfect location for my two girls aged 8 and 10 and their mum, doing Rome as an all girl trip. Easy to find and within easy reach to any of the tourist attractions. The staff was very helpful, recommending nice places to eat and how to get where we wanted. Clean and simple, all we needed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family