“Good location, very helpful staff, superb coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Del Corso

Hotel Del Corso
Ranked #289 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
Campinas, São Paulo, Brazil
“Good location, very helpful staff, superb coffee”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed at Hotel del Corso in May, 2013. Location is very good; close to Piazza di Spagna and to its metro station.
Staff was friendly and helpful. They gave us invaluable hints on restaurants, attractions, and, even, forecoming public transportation strikes.
The room was relatively small, but we had our own terrace. Very nice and modern.
One of our top experiences was drinking "cafelatte" for breakfast, creamy and delicious.
We had a pleasant stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
corso2000, Ferdinando Orecchio Responsabile Hotel del Corso & Class House at Hotel Del Corso, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Guests from Brazil,

Thank You so much for choosing our Hotel del Corso to spend Your holidays in Rome.
It's beautiful that everything about Your stay was so good. I am happy You enjoyed every morning in our wonderful roof top terrace the best caffèlatte of the city.
Thank You for the beautiful words spent for our services and for our staff.

Best regards

Ferdinando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 days and 2 nights. Unfortunately, we missed out our first reservation as it was booked at the same date as our Venice trip. Despite of this misshap, Christian the Front desk staff didn't turn us away. Instead, he immediately offered his service by finding another room for us. He is very professional and warm and caring. He offered us some coffee which other typical hotel won't do. He managed to get us a room for a night in 2nd floor. Room is ok. I didn't like the scent as it was too strong. I was happy when he moved us to another room in the3rd floor. Although, it was smaller, the strong scent won't bother me. The aircon is quite noisy and I'm not quite sure if it goes on and off (timer) as we could hear some clicking. The location is perfect as it's pretty close to everything including the shops. Women would love this location as it's a shopping heaven! Very close to Spanidh steps just like the other reviews. If you don't mind walking, you could even walk to the Colliseum and Vatican. You will discover few old churches as walk along. Value for money, I think it's quite expensive. Well, I guess it has something to do with the location. Breakfast is ok. They serve really good coffee. Overall, we would like to commend the service of Christian, Fernandino and the other Filipino staff who fixed our television.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Guests from Australia,

Thank You so much for choosing our HOTEL DEL CORSO to pass Your vacancy in Rome.
First of all Thank You for the wonderful words spent for our guys of the staff. We are really happy when our job is recognized by our guests.
The location of the HOTEL DEL CORSO is amazing in the heart of the eternal city.
I really hope to see You soon.

Best regards

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Really enjoyed my staying there for 6 nights from 24-30/5/2013 super staff all of them sure cristian is the big boss did really great job upgrade our room from there sister hotel class house to the superior room in del corso hotel although class house is 4 stars while del corso the main hotel is 3 stars but really the room is big very clean i stayed in many rooms before in Europe but this one is the best the cleaning service is super the breakfast very nice in small breakfast room in first floor even my wife didn't go down there they offer sending breakfast to her room the staff are all friendly with big smile my bag didn't arrive from the airport they keep following tell it came after 5 days when we check out there was a problem in my visa cristian told me don't worry tell he solve it really amazing man and bad comments u read in other reviews i think they are really unfair.. if im coming back to roma i will stay there again

me and my wife thank u all so much grazie and ciao

Room Tip: Ask for superior room really deserve the money even if the window look to inside the the building...
1 Thank mozmozman
Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for choosing our HOTEL DEL CORSO to spend your time in Rome.
I am happy to know that Your stay was great in our hotel.
I appreciate Your compliments for Our Cristian.I hope to see You soon.

Best regards.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Unfortunately our stay started badly no room due to plumbing they put us up in a so called 5 star hotel down the road grand plaza very bad I have stayed in motel better. Our room in the hotel del corso was at the front very noisy not the crowds but the water pipes that went thought the wall next to the bed room 101 staff couldn't change our room but otherwise helpful and a central place to stay .

Room Tip: Don't have room 10-
1 Thank Sue D
corso2000, Ferdinando Orecchio Responsbaile Hotel del Corso & Class House at Hotel Del Corso, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank You so much for choosing our HOTEL DEL CORSO to spend Your holidays.
I am really sorry for the trouble had with Your room for the first night but the problem was also for us that lost our guests.
I am sorry also for the inconvenient had with the HOTEL PLAZA but to guarantee the best stay for You i booked a 5 star hotel. We had also pay the difference for this type of room in this type of hotel and is not our fault if You didn't like.
I am sorry for everything but i did the maximum to guarantee the best stay for YOU.

Best regards.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night on April 28 pre-cruise honeymoon and we found the reception and bellhop staff to be superbly welcoming. The room is small but clean and the breakfast was tasty. We had an outside room facing Del Corso and we found it great as it gave us a chance to hear and see the heartbeat of the city as the locals walked and motorscootered their way to work. As other traveler's have mentioned, the shopping in the area is fantastic and you are extremely close to both Trevi Fountain and Spanish steps. We even walked to the coliseum that is about 20 minutes away, but gave us a chance to really walk the city.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dahlia R
Dear Guest,

Thank You so much for choosing our HOTEL DEL CORSO to spend Your holidays in Rome.
First of all THANK YOU for the compliments for our staff, it is really nice from You.
I am happy to know that everything was perfect about Your stay, that You really enjoyed our services, from the brakfast to the comfrot of our rooms.
Thank You for You really beautiful words.
I hope to see You soon.

My best regards.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed at the hotel del corso..it's a small place but they were wonderful and helpful and friendly!room for four was pretty good and my friend who is Muslim could not eat the eggs as it was put next to the bacon and sausages.They made her eggs seperately...sweet of them!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rkumar2763
Dear Guest,

I am really happy to know that You liked everything in our hotel.
Thank You for the wonderful words spent for our staff of the breakfast that like always is available and kindly with our guests.
Thank You for everything.
I hope to see You soon.

My best regards

Stavanger
Reviewed April 18, 2013

As a member of a group of nine, on a long weekend in Rome, this hotel suited our purpose perfectly. From the hotel it is easy to reach the major sights on foot, and there are plenty og restaurants and bars in the neighbourhood. As the hotel is located on one of the major shopping streets, hold on to your credit card!
The friendly and helpfull staff assists with all special requirements.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Westcoasttraveller49
corso2000, Ferdinando Orecchio Responsbaile Hotel del Corso & Class House at Hotel Del Corso, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Sir/Madame,

Thank You for choosing our HOTEL DEL CORSO to spend Your holidays in Rome.
First of all I like to Thank You for the wonderful words spent for our staff. I am very happy You enjoyed Your time here with us and everything was perfect.
Thank You also for the compliments for our Hotel and for its location.
I hope to see You soon in our HOTEL DEL CORSO.
Thanks for all.