“Great, with little annoyances”
Review of Antiqua Roma

Antiqua Roma
Ranked #1,257 of 3,763 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 14, 2010

I booked this hotel the day before we flew out. Enrico, was excellent about emailing me (very quickly), about directions and what not. It was very easy to find. The room was a good size and had the charm of an Italian apartment. The shower in the bathroom was tiny, and I'm 5foot2inches and 110 pounds! But from what I have heard, that seems to be the norm for showers in Rome. There does seem to be a lot of street noise though, but I never had problems falling asleep after a long day of sightseeing. It may just be thin walls, because I could even hear a guy sneeze from 2 floors down. The location was very safe, maybe a 10-15 minute walk to the Spanish Steps metro stop. The best thing was the free WiFi, free use of the guidebooks, and Enrico's kindness and enthusiasm for making our visit the best.

• Stayed: November 2010
3  Thank SSMcCoy

Reviewed September 27, 2010

Great location with a very nice and friendly owner. The service lady was also very helpful through our visit. Bathroom was separate from the room. We did not opt for the breakfast since there was a nice little cafe right next door that served fresh breakfast. The room was large and well decorated. Had a shared computer for internet access. Reasonably priced for Rome

Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2010

I found Antiqua Roma to be the best value for a good quality B&B at a good location. I was a little apprehensive after reading some of the reviews talk about the noise on the street at night, but I found it to be extremely quiet, except for the recycling trucks that come by early in the morning, we didn’t hear anything. The location is ideal if you don’t mind walking. If not, there is a couple of bus stops very close and the nearest subway stop is at the Spanish Steps, about 15-20 minutes away by foot. When you walk out of the B&B, you have your choice of 3 directions depending on where you want to go. There are two bridges close, both less than 5 minutes walk, that take you to the most popular destinations. To get to the Vatican is very easy, it’s about 10 minutes away. The Pantheon, Piazza Navona, Trevi Fountain, and the Spanish Steps are about a 20 minute walk, with the Colosseum and Trastevere area about 30 minutes walk. I bought the Roma Pass at the airport and didn’t use it to it’s full potential. I took the subway to the train station to pick up a car once and took the subway to the Colosseum once, and walked back. I took a taxi from the train station upon arrival and it cost me Euro 35,00 and it took about 15 minutes in traffic.

The Building has an elevator and we had no problem getting our large suitcases and duffels up to the room. Enrico met us at the top of the elevator and showed us to our room. We arrived early in the morning and our room was ready for us already which was nice.

We got the room without the insuite bath. The room was large, plenty of places to put suitcases and duffels with plenty of room to walk around, and has a sink, which is nice to be able to get ready without leaving the room. The bathroom is down the hall and private. There really isn’t a common area and we only saw one other couple in the hallway the entire time we where there. The room had a large double bed with a canopy and there was a small bottle of wine waiting for us. The fixtures were modern and there were plenty of places to plug in cellphones, laptops, etc. We stayed 3 nights in late June and it was very hot in Rome. There is no A/C in the room, but there is a fan and we were comfortable. I get hot easily and don’t sleep well when it’s hot and I was fine. There is free Wi-Fi but it was a very weak signal in the room. We were down the hall however, other rooms are probably a bit better, and there is a small desk in the hallway in an area with good reception.

Tip: book your Vatican tour with www.angeltours.com We loved them. Small groups, no headset.

I would highly recommend this place for travelers who like the freedom of walking to their destinations and are looking for a good value in Rome.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank FoolishBurrito
Reviewed May 16, 2010

We want to thank Antiquaroma very much for our stay in Rome in April and in particular for the extra free night because of cancelled flights back home for volcano erupted.
When we picked a place to stay in Rome during our first visit there, we searched for location and price, after having searched the net a for long time for adequate B&B, we took a chance on AntiquaRoma and the place met - by far - all our expectations for a good, nice, convenient and safe place to stay!!!!
We have spoken highly about AntiquaRoma to friends after our return home
and we certainly know where to stay next time in Rome.

4  Thank OBbk
Reviewed May 16, 2010

We have spoken highly about AntiquaRoma to friends after our return home
and we certainly know where to stay next time in Rome.

Reviewed May 1, 2010

The apartment was well maintained, with a live in house keeper. This was useful when picking up the keys, as there is usually someone in.

The hotel is tasteful and well presented, with unique pieces of art and antiques.

The surrounding area was quiet, very central and felt safe at night. On google maps ‘street view’ the road and surrounding buildings look like they are undergoing repair works. However, I was glad to see, this is not the case anymore.

I had picked this hotel as people on trip andvior had raved about how helpful Enrico was. They weren't exaggerating. We visited during the week that the Icelandic volcano erupted and Enrico was very helpful and supported us finding new travel arrangements and printing new tickets, without charge. We also made use of the hotels free (but slow) internet connection. Enrico also has perfect English.

I had been worried about staying at apartments and B&Bs over hotels before this trip. I took it as a leap of faith. However, this hotel/apartment was a really good experience. I recommend it.

4  Thank stalbotDublin
Reviewed December 31, 2009

We had a lovely stay at this pension in Rome. It is clean and comfortable and close enough to walk to many of the attractions in Rome. The bathroom is out in the hallway rather than in the room itself but that was never a problem (I think we had the bathroom to ourselves because the other rooms also seemed to have their own bathrooms in the hallway). The owner is very helpful and gives you tips about what to see etc.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple