“Fabulous!”

Daphne Trevi
Ranked #83 of 3,767 Rome B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed August 13, 2004

We stayed here for three nights and it was a fantastic experience. Sandra met us when we arrived at the hotel and stayed any apprehension I had about being in Rome for 4 days, speaking absolutely no Italian. She gave us a map and helped us plan our itinerary for our trip, including places to stop for gelato all over the city. Breakfast was good and the room was very nice with real A/C. We would recommend the Daphne to anyone visiting Rome and if we ever go back, we'll be sure to stay there again.

Clinton, MS
Reviewed May 23, 2004

For people who like lots of staff TLC and sparkling clean accomodations, the Daphni Inn is perfect. It's a little hard to find (a nondescript doorway in a narrow side street), but the service is exceptional. The staff is friendly, unfailingly helpful, and full of helpful information about attractions in the city. We stayed only one night; wished we had more time.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed March 30, 2004

The truth has already been told. The Daphne is quite honestly the best. I have stayed in Rome before, but I can honestly say that you WILL NOT find better service and attentiveness anywhere else on your trip. As stated in other reviews, they go out of your way to give you advice on restaurants and tours, cell phone use and simple conversation. Elyssa is a native to the States...that really helped. She speaks fluent Italian, but the fact that she speaks english really helps in a city that does not. Another great thing...PLEASE TAKE NOTE: if you need laundry done on your stay, they are more than welcome to take it and have it cleaned at a nominal charge. These are the things that make you feel relaxed on vacation. Every restaurant they recommended was A+......they are not their recommendations...they are recommendations that YOU ask for, what YOU are craving. Just awesome. Trust me and the others who felt compelled enough to praise something so great!P.S. Don't forget to have at LEAST one piece of pizza from the pizzaria just outside their doors....the best we had in town:)

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tallahassee, FL
Reviewed February 2, 2004

In the summer of 2003, I stayed at the Daphne Bed & Breakfast in Rome upon the recommendation of my daughter, who had stayed there earlier in the spring and who wrote in superlatives in her praise of both the Daphne itself and its proprietors, Alessandro and Elyssa Bernard. In my experience, I found that everything my daughter had said was not only true, but it was even more than I had imagined.For starters, the Daphne is in a great location, being right by the Piazza Barberini, only a short walk from the famous Spanish Steps, and just a little further on to the Tiber and the Vatican. Heading in a different direction, it is an easy walk to the Trevi Fountain and, a little further on, the Pantheon, Vittorio Emanuelle Monument, Forum, Palatine Hill, and Colosseum.The Daphne itself consists of two separate properties, both close to the Piazza Barberini. The one where I stayed, at 55 Via San Basilio, belies its unremarkable exterior. My room was spacious and modern, with a pleasing decor and all those nice little amenities which give that extra touch which makes such a difference, and was very quiet and spotlessly maintained.The breakfast area, which is on the third floor, is very nice, being spotlessly clean and sunny. Besides such things as pastries, yogurt, and coffee, the complimentary continental breakfast even includes eggs upon request, made to your order with perfection by none other than Alessandro himself who, I learned, has nearly twenty years experience in hotel and restaurant management.He and Elyssa began their B&B proprietorship several years ago, and they have worked hard to create a comfortable, relaxed, and friendly atmosphere at the Daphne. There is at least one of the staff at the desk or on call 24 hours a day, guests are free to use the office computer whenever it is not being used for Daphne business, and for their convenience guests are provided with a cellular phone which can call anywhere and for which the only charges are the actual cost of the calls made.Alessandro, who is a true gentleman and a perfect host, is totally fluent in English (and in other languages besides Italian, as well) and makes you feel like he is an old friend you have known for years. I didn't actually meet Elyssa (who is American) because she was visiting the United States when I stayed at the Daphne, but I did talk to her on the phone from Italy before arriving in Rome, and she was extremely helpful to me in dealing with a problem which had arisen on my trip. I could tell that she definitely was the genuinely warm and friendly person which my daughter had described.The other Daphne staff member was a young woman named Josie, who was extremely knowledgeable and helpful about all those things which the average tourist never knows to look for. The little tips she gave me made all the difference in the enjoyment of my sightseeing time in Rome, and her multilingual abilities and friendly, helpful ways made her the perfect complement to Alessandro and Elyssa.I can say quite honestly that I have never felt so good and enjoyed so much any place I have ever stayed in my travels overseas, as I have at the Daphne; and I look forward to staying there again on future trips to Rome. Since my return, I have recommended the Daphne to my travel agent and everyone else I know who may be planning a trip to Rome. My advice is to be sure to stay with Alessandro and Elyssa at the Daphne if you go to Rome -- you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed January 23, 2004

We asked if we could leave our bags at Daphne because we had to check out but our train to Florence wasn't until 6 that night. They said sure, no problem. We came back to Daphne and the building's main door was open and THE DOOR TO DAPHNE WAS PROPPED OPEN WITH OUR LUGGAGE!
Anyone could have walked in from the street and taken our bags. There was no one in Daphne and we waited 5 minutes before Alex, the owner appeared. He said he ran to the basement to take of something and didn't want to lock the door. He acted like it was no big deal. We were pissed and didn't even receive an apology!

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed January 16, 2004

My girlfriend and I recently came back from a two and a half week vacation through Italy, beginning and ending with stays at the Daphne. It was by far the best place we stayed! The owners, Elissa (an American) and her husband Alessandro, were awesome. Before we left the states for Roma, they emailed us to let us know that there would be a transit strike for us the day that we would be arriving, and consequently, they happily arranged a car and driver for us for the bargain price of 45 euros! They also immediately helped us get acquainted with Roma when we arrived. They gave us a cell phone with their numbers programmed in, so that we could call them when we were out and about in Roma and needed directions or restaurant recommendations. On top of all that, they proved to be a great help in helping us to find great nightlife in Roma and setting us up with a fantastic tour guide who showed us around the Vatican Museums. We are already planning on staying with them again next year when we return. You can't go wrong with the Daphne's modern and clean rooms, perfect location, and free wireless internet and laptops!

Reviewed December 2, 2003