“Absolute Blast”

Rome by Night Segway Tour
Ranked #3 of 156 Outdoor Activities in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Rex-Tours offer small group Segway, bike and food tours in Rome. Our small group tours will allow you to ask a lot of questions and to have plenty of time to take memorable pictures. Local English speaking guides will tell you all the most interesting facts and funny stories about the Roman history and culinary culture. If you want to see Rome's major highlights in one day our Rome in Day Tour will be a perfect match. A delicious Roman lunch will be included. Our Rome by Night Tours will show you all the sights in a breathtaking light. It is our goal to give our guests a wonderful Rome experience. Ideal for family and friends. Of course we offer a money-back-guarantee on all our tours. All tours are available as private tours.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Suffolk, VA
“Absolute Blast”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Four of us (2 adults, 2 teens, 19 and 15) had fantastic time touring ancient rome with Max. We were a bit late but Max immediately put us at ease. None of us had ridden a Segway before but Max was a great teacher and before you know it we were on our way. Time flew by as we easily made ourselves all around Rome, stopping to take in views, pictures and get insights into the sights. Realized about halfway thru I had a smile on my face the whole time as we whisked by lines of tourists walking everywhere - NO WAY we could have seen as much as we did so quickly. We all rated this one of the BEST things we did and would highly recommend. Will do another tour with Max when we return to Rome. AWESOME!

Visited March 2014

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Rishon Lezion, Israel
“A great way to celebrate my b-day!!”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

For a few years I've been talking about doing a segway tour but never had the chance to make it happen.
My husband and I came to Rome for a few days and I kept on and on looking for a segway tour to celebrate my b-day in a special way. I finally found Rex tours on line and although the short notice (less then 24 hours!!), we got our tour booked quickly.
This experience is worth every euro you pay!
Max, our guide, was nice, patient, proffesional and funny. He took us to parts of the city that we never would have seen if it wasn't for this tour!. Rome is beautiful in every way you visit but this segway tour is a must!
Thank you again Max for everything!
Chen & Tamir

“Unfortunate Event - Still an amazing experience!”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I and some friends went to Rome in early January and had an amazing time on the segways! We booked the tour using our phones and the Wi-Fi as a bit of a last-minute idea and we were so pleased we did so!

On arrival, our tour guide, Max, gave us a quick safety briefing and, as it was only the three of us on the tour, gave us the option of what we wanted to see. We quickly listed the places we'd been and places we still wanted to see, and he tailored the tour to suit us!

Unfortunately, about an hour into the tour, a member of our party was suffering from stomach pains so, under our own choice, the tour was abandoned. The company gave us a refund hassle-free which was excellent service! Also, Max sketched a route on a tour map and circled places to go so that we could continue the tour on foot!

To sum up, the segways are an amazing way to see the city and the company can not be faulted in any way! It was a great exerience!!

Visited January 2014
London
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Brilliant guide and a fantastic way to see the city”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I sprained my ankle a few days before our Valentines trip to Rome, so hired a Segway to get around. I didn't realise just how much fun it was going to be. You can cover so much ground, go anywhere and driving them is great fun. But best of all was our guide Max. He was knowlegeable, but also warm, humorous and had an infectious enthusiasm. He really went the extra mile and never hurried us even though the tour overran. So, I came to 2 conclusions:
Firstly, I'll definitely be hiring Segways to get around cities in the future.
Secondly, among the Segway tour providers, Rex really stands out because the service is outstanding. I guess you can see that from the incredibly high scores this company receives consistently.

Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Best tour in Rome!”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We had a wonderful afternoon on the "Ancient Rome" tour with Max this week. The tours came highly recommended by a close friend and we are so please that he suggested them to us. Leo, Max and Simone were very welcoming and friendly. Neither of us had been on a Segway before and didn't know anything about how to operate them. We were to taken to the nearby square to get to grips with our Segways before setting off and they were surprisingly easy to use. I was the least confident of our group of four, so was the first in line closest to our brilliant guide. I felt extremely safe the whole time we were out, as did my husband who was at the back. Max was full of enthusiasm about this wonderful city and has a great way of explaining its history. If you do one thing whilst you are in Rome, make sure it is a Rex-Tours tour. I am already looking forward to our next visit so that I can experience the Culinary Tour also on offer. We cannot recommend them highly enough!

Visited March 2014