“BEST TOUR EVER!!!”

Ancient Rome Segway Small Group Tour
Ranked #1 of 169 Outdoor Activities in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Rex-Tours offer small group Segway, bike and food tours in Rome. Our small group tours will allow you to ask a lot of questions and to have plenty of time to take memorable pictures. Local English speaking guides will tell you all the most interesting facts and funny stories about the Roman history and culinary culture. If you want to see Rome's major highlights in one day our Rome in Day Tour will be a perfect match. A delicious Roman lunch will be included. Our Rome by Night Tours will show you all the sights in a breathtaking light. It is our goal to give our guests a wonderful Rome experience. Ideal for family and friends. Of course we offer a money-back-guarantee on all our tours. All tours are available as private tours.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have done Segway tours in several cities and by far would rank this NUMBER 1!! I’m from San Francisco originally and this exceeded my expectations. If you visit Rome this tour must not be skipped. You’ll get to see miles and miles of Rome without even breaking a sweat. Segway’s are the best way to travel through the streets of Rome.
Max was such a delight to have as our tour guide. He was very informative about the rich history of Rome. I’ve had tour guys were they were dull and boring, well Max on the other hand was very funny and never a dull moment. He had my full attention throughout the Segway tour. He made wonderful suggestions on thing to do after the tour was over and other sights to see. When I go back to Rome I’m taking this tour again without a doubt.
Thanks Rex tours for giving me the experience I needed in Rome!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,526)
All reviews
"great guide"
in 29 reviews
"jewish ghetto"
in 21 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 22 reviews
in 14 reviews
"small group"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed November 29, 2013

We booked an afternoon tour to round off our two days in Rome, so we'd already seen all the popular sights before starting out. This really didn't phase our guide at all. He was friendly, funny, flexible and knowledgeable and he did us a great tour of some of the bits of Rome we hadn't seen with some background history, local knowledge and general chat. Segways are great fun and are a great way to get around, as long as you don't mind the attention you get from almost everyone you pass (All good :D) We had a great time and I would recommend this company very highly.

1  Thank Abbeytekmd
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We have done segway tours in several cities and would rank this as one of the best. Our guide, Leo, was especially knowledgeable and interesting. He also was very pleasant and extremely attentive to our needs. I highly recommend Rex-Tours. He was having such a good time explaining things to us that our tour lasted 30-40 minutes more than what was scheduled. We appreciated the extra time learning about Rome and its history.

1  Thank cooperlynx
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Rex Tours is a “Must Do” when in Rome. I had booked the tour with my cousin and this was by far the best touring experience we had while in Rome. Max was our guide and he was energetic, knowledgeable, and very funny. This definitely beats walking and it's a great way to experience Rome!

1  Thank Robert S
See more reviews
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Having limited time before catching a cruise and also traveling by myself, I booked a day long tour with Rex Tours. As it turns out (in a blonde moment) I had mistakenly booked it for the week before! Ooops! But Rex Tours being Rex Tours, they were easy-going about it and let me join the morning Ancient Rome tour, bought me a wonderful lunch, then let me choose among two afternoon tours they were conducting. I chose the Trastevere Tour. Each had different guides and different parties, but both were wonderful experiences. I had been to Rome before, but this one day showed me more than I had experienced in several days on a prior trip. After these tours I felt confident that I knew my way around Rome, understood the lay of the land, so to speak, but best of all, felt an intimate connection with the city that I had not felt on prior visits. I fell in love with Rome.

I loved the segways, they were quick and easy to learn and use for this first timer. (The only thing about them is that sometimes when you don't get off for a while your feet can fall asleep.) But it sure beats walking everywhere, great on the knees and covers a lot of ground quickly! I am still amazed at how much I saw that day without ever feeling rushed.

Both guides were amazing. Fun, very knowledgable, safe, easy-going and made sure everyone got the experience they signed up for. I cannot say that for many other tours I've taken around the world. This is what makes Rex Tours stand out above their competitors! Take a little effort to find them, and they will make big efforts you get to know Rome in the way you want to know Rome.

2  Thank Wanderbunny