“The biggest experience we have ever got!”

Rex-Tours The Rome Experience
Rome by Night Segway Tour
Ranked #3 of 156 Outdoor Activities in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Rex-Tours offer small group Segway, bike and food tours in Rome. Our small group tours will allow you to ask a lot of questions and to have plenty of time to take memorable pictures. Local English speaking guides will tell you all the most interesting facts and funny stories about the Roman history and culinary culture. If you want to see Rome's major highlights in one day our Rome in Day Tour will be a perfect match. A delicious Roman lunch will be included. Our Rome by Night Tours will show you all the sights in a breathtaking light. It is our goal to give our guests a wonderful Rome experience. Ideal for family and friends. Of course we offer a money-back-guarantee on all our tours. All tours are available as private tours.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Gyor, Hungary
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The biggest experience we have ever got!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The real faces of Rome you can’t see by car or by sightseeing buses! The little secrets and the hidden miracles of the city you can discover only by foot. But this is very exhausting because of the distances and the hills! I’m sure the best citytour in Rome is by SEGWAY!
First I was afraid and I thought it will for us difficult…My mother (69) and my aunt (70)have sore feets, they can go only very slow, get soon tired, their movement are cumbersome.
It seemed firts it is for Leo an ”mission impossible”: two difficulty moving , only hungarien speaking grantmother,and a little english speaking woman…
But Leo helped us patiently to learn go by SEGWAY and we got for him an unforgettable experience!
He was tolerant,nice, helpful !
The SEGWAY is a wonder!!! Easy to drive it, can go on the narrow streets, on the cobblestones, go with ease on the hills. We run out the other weary pedestrians on the hill of Capitolium and Leo showed us the best viewpoints of the city. We took quickly and easily big distances and received so exceptional adventure, only by SEGWAY would enable us to.
Leo is so loveworthy person who we have never met in the whole world! He narrated us the history of Rome (not too much, not too little,just enough!), showed the famous buildings,secret sights ,told us interesting stories,carried our bags,and helped my aunt who a bit clumsy and afraid. He advised us where we have dinner, where are the best restaurants(not for tourists, but for Romans), the best ice creams, cafes…He recommend us, how can we visit easier the Vatican Museums (can we get wheelchairs), and he was right .
We all loved him very much!!! Wonderful, unique person!
And the SEGWAY is the easiest, the most entertaining thing to discover the city of Rome!
I recommend to everyone! (Sorry for my english!)

1 Thank klari63

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Rome, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“We loved our tour so much we went back for another!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

We decided to do a tour with Rex-Tours from the great reviews we saw on tripadvisor, and were definitely not disappointed. Not only is it incredibly fun travelling around Rome on a Segway, our guide, Max, was super funny, friendly and full of interesting facts and places to visit and see. We initially planned to do just the Rome City Tour, but after that tour we decided to book a second tour for the next day. The second tour we did was the Travestere tour. Both tours are highly recommended. We definitely will be coming back to Rome & Rex-Tours in the future to see more!!!

Rex-Tours, Direttore at Rex-Tours The Rome Experience, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Kelly,

thank you very much for your review.
I had a really good time with the two of you.
It am very happy that you liked the tour so much and came back for another.
It is a good feeling when our guests appreciate our tours so much.
Trastevere offers a charming way to see a different part of Rome, especially it is something
new to discover when you have already visited all the "must-see" spots of Rome.
I am looking forward to tour with you again, anytime soon.

Best regards,

Satellite Beach, Florida, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Most amazing tour I have ever taken!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I came upon this tour company accidentally and it turned out to be amazing luck. I cannot give a higher rating to both the owners and the tour experience. Max was my guide for the Rome city tour. I originally booked the Rome in a day tour but the weather didn't cooperate. Max was accommodating and helped me arrange an alternate tour that day then I re-booked the city tour for a day later. First the Segway was so much fun, I really want one now. Max has an amazing knowledge of the city and its history and was a lot of fun throughout the tour. It was just the two of us that day and he helped me decide on the best sights and offered to structure my tour to my preferences.

I had so much fun I will definitely take another tour with them when I return to Rome!

Dear Don,

thank you very much for your review and uploading pictures!
I had great laughs and a great time.
The City Tour is a perfect way to get to know the historic center of Rome and all its beauty.
I hope I have the chance to tour with you again, soon.

Best regards,

Hartsville, South Carolina, United States
164 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 151 helpful votes
“Night Tour!!!!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Had such a good time on our Night Segway Tour. Our guide, Max, was very entertaining. Funny guy who seemed to know a lot of interesting facts about the city. We spent a little over 3 hours scooting around the glowing lights of Rome. The views from the hills were amazing. Got some really good pictures. It was a little bit cold and Max was kind enough to stop and buy Coffee for everyone. We didn't get the chance to see one of the hills and Max offered to let us go for free the next day to see it. This company treats you like family! Will make sure to schedule another tour when we return to Rome. This is a MUST DO!

Dear Thomas,

thank you very much for your review, beautiful pictures and uploading a video on fb!
I had a blast myself.
Rome by night is a beautiful and different impression of this marvelously illuminated city.
Less people and more to see ;)
I am really looking forward to see you on your next vacation in Rome.
There are still many parts left for us to visit.

All the best,

Rochester, New York
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Why walk? Rex-tours is Seglicious!”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Norman and Sally spent 2 hrs in daytime and 2 hours at night with Max. What an incredible wonderful guide. Segways are easy to handle. Saves feet. Great pace and Max is super with getting you thru people and traffic. Rome is amazing. Never would have seen so much without this Rome city tour. Get out there and do it! Highly recommended