“Amazing Rex-way tour!”

Ancient Rome Segway Small Group Tour
Ranked #2 of 159 Outdoor Activities in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Rex-Tours offer small group Segway, bike and food tours in Rome. Our small group tours will allow you to ask a lot of questions and to have plenty of time to take memorable pictures. Local English speaking guides will tell you all the most interesting facts and funny stories about the Roman history and culinary culture. If you want to see Rome's major highlights in one day our Rome in Day Tour will be a perfect match. A delicious Roman lunch will be included. Our Rome by Night Tours will show you all the sights in a breathtaking light. It is our goal to give our guests a wonderful Rome experience. Ideal for family and friends. Of course we offer a money-back-guarantee on all our tours. All tours are available as private tours.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I had lots of fun during my first segway tour! Thanks to Massi's careful and patient explaination of the segway I felt reassured and my initial uneasiness went away even quicker than it came.
It's not your standard touristic tour, where you have an uniterested and slightly bored guide reciting some prestudied sentences about ancient Rome. The Rex guys are actually enthusiastic in telling you little-known fun facts about la cittá eterna! Massi was even able to keep somebody listening who has the attention span of a five-year old (me), thanks to his witty comments and interesting anecdotes. All in all I can heartily recommend a Rex tour, you will learn new things about this beautiful city, all while having a fun day out!

1  Thank Catey P
Rex-Tours, Manager at Rex-Tours The Rome Experience, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Dear Catey,
thank you for the review.
We are always happy to share our love for this marvelous city.
On your next Roman Holiday you are always welcome to come by the shop.
Leopoldo and Massimiliano Marroni

Reviewed August 8, 2012

I never drove a segway, i never intended to, as i always thought i would fall immediately.
Then a friend wanted to take a tour of rome by segway, so i had to come along.

Well, i can now say, my fears are totally gone. Massimiliano, the owner of rex tours is a very friendly guy. He starts the tour with a very detailed explanation about what to do and what not to do, and then lets you practice on an empty place for as long as you need to.
The segways are incredibly easy to use, and Massimiliano gives you a sense of security that removes the last doubt you could have about it.

The tour itself is really fun and interesting. They found the right mix between information and random facts. So you never get bored, but you also learn interesting stuff. Also the segways are incredibly fun to use, so that is a added bonus over more traditional tours.

I really really can recommend these tours. The segways are a fun and smart way to move under the sun of rome, massimiliano is a really nice person who will make you feel totally at ease while telling you interesting stories about rome. I couldn't ask for more!

1  Thank Daniel F

Dear Daniel,
thank you for your review.
I am glad that you enjoyed the tour so much - given your doubts before the training session ;)
Be sure to stop by the next time you are in Rome.
Massimiliano Marroni

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Wow -- our kids are still talking about the AMAZING tour we had with Rex-Tours on Segways in Rome at night!! :) We had already spent 2 really full days running around Rome with a guide so we were a little concerned that Max + Leo (2 amazing brothers that head up Rex-Tours) would be taking us to the same spots and giving us the same info. Needless to say, our worries were completely unfounded -- Leo toured us for nearly 4 hours with great stories (ask him about the Ostriches at the Colosseum) and a lot of history. He was able to keep 3 adults and 4 teenagers interested in a 4-hour tour -- and wanting MORE! They have a genuine concern for your safety and want you to have a GREAT time! Touring Rome at night on a Segway is a MUST DO and doing it with Rex-Tours ensures you will have one of the best tours of your life. Thank you, Rex-Tours -- for a tour we will never forget! :)

1  Thank LovetoTravelAdvisor
Rex-Tours, Manager at Rex-Tours The Rome Experience, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear LovetoTravelAdvisor,
thank you very much for your review.
We had a great and fun night, too.
It was also a very nice experience for us to tour with you.
We hope to meet you soon in Rome, again.

Leopoldo & Massimiliano Marroni

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We were out of time and needed something really worth, this was the best choice. In 4 hours me and my fiance had visited all the baroque Rome with Rex-tours Segway. The guide was very friendly (speaking English or Italian, as you wish) and allowing you to stop, at any moment, to take pictures or to take a close look, while he tells you all the histories behind the scenes of Rome history.
With this guided tour you will cover a great portion of Rome and will know each point of interest in a brand new way. Beside all that, driving a Segway is the most awesome experience with vehicles in my life, I wanted one for my own, so I can't no better place to drive a Segway than Rome and its historical sites.

Absolutely amazing.

Dear Carniatto,

thank you for your review.
The tour was a pleasure for me, too.
I hope you and your fiance are doing great back at home.
You are always welcome to stop by the office on your next Roman holiday. :)

Massimiliano Marroni

Reviewed August 4, 2012

My partner really wanted to try a Segway and we where lucky to choose Rex. Max was our guide and was very knowledgable of Rome and we learnt lots of great facts and legends of the city. The Segway is a little daunting at first, however after some great tuition and we where up and running. You receive alot of attention and lots of people stare and take photos of you on the way. I was suffering quite badly of sore legs and would have benefited from a few more stops off the Segway. I did speak with Max about this and he was accommodating. Some of the stops we made to rest where a little odd. Would have liked a stop with a gelato or local food dish. I also would have liked more time at the colosseum to take some photos. All in all this tour is great, Rome is amazing at night. It is good to see a young business doing well. Thanks Max.

3  Thank sandinmytogs